- A Phase 2/3 Prospective Multicenter Study of the Diagnostic Accuracy of Prostate-Specific Membrane Antigen PET/CT with 18F-DCFPyL in Prostate Cancer Patients (OSPREY).
PSMA-targeted PET/CT has the potential to improve the detection and localization of […]
- Cardiac Failure Associated with Medical Therapy of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Population-Based Study.
Increased risk of cardiac failure with alpha blockers (AB) in hypertension studies […]
- Complications and Outcomes of Salvage Cystectomy after Trimodality Therapy.
Salvage cystectomy is required for some patients with intravesical recurrence after trimodality […]
- Finasteride Use and Risk of Bladder Cancer in a Multiethnic Population.
Finasteride use has been associated with a reduced incidence of bladder cancer […]
- MOSESTM Technology for Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate: A Prospective Double-Blind Randomized Control Trial.
Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) has proven to be efficacious […]
- Prostatic Artery Embolisation Versus Transurethral Resection of the Prostate for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: 2-yr Outcomes of a Randomised, Open-label, Single-centre Trial.
Prostatic artery embolisation (PAE) for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms […]
- Reliability of Serum Tumor Marker Measurement to Diagnose Recurrence in Patients with Clinical Stage I Nonseminomatous Germ Cell Tumors Undergoing Active Surveillance: A Systematic Review.
Men with nonseminomatous germ cell tumors (NSGCT) of the testicle without evidence […]
- Restriction Spectrum Imaging-MRI to Improve Prostate Cancer Imaging in Men on Active Surveillance.
Restriction Spectrum Imaging (RSI-MRI) is a short duration enhanced diffusion weighted technique […]
- Risk-Based Selection for Active Surveillance: Results of the Movember Foundation’s Global Action Plan Prostate Cancer Active Surveillance (GAP3) Initiative.
To identify and validate known predictors of disease reclassification at 1 or […]
- Robotic Salvage Lymph Node Dissection in Recurrent Prostate Cancer: Lessons Learned from 68 Cases and Implications for Future Clinical Management.
Salvage lymph node dissection (sLND) is a rescue treatment for patients with […]
- Specific Detection of Prostate Cancer Cells in Urine by RNA in Situ Hybridization.
Noninvasive tests that can accurately detect prostate cancer are urgently needed for […]
- Surveillance Intensity in Intermediate Risk Nonmuscle Invasive Bladder Cancer: Revisiting the Optimal Timing and Frequency of Cystoscopy.
To determine the optimal cystoscopic interval for intermediate-risk nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer […]
- Dutasteride Improves Nocturia but Does Not Lead to Better Sleep: Results from the REDUCE Clinical Trial.
In men, complaints of nocturia causing poor sleep are often attributed to […]
- Intraoperative Strategies to Reduce Catheter-Related Bladder Discomfort in the Early Postoperative Period after Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy.
Catheter-related bladder discomfort (CRBD) occurs in up to 63% of patients following […]
- Prevalence of Urinary Incontinence Among a Nationally Representative Sample of Adult Women, 2005-2016: Findings from the Urologic Diseases in America Project.
Urinary incontinence (UI) is frequently underreported and underdiagnosed in the clinical setting. […]
- Comparison of Conventional and Triple Bolus Computed Tomography Urography Protocols for Radiation Dose Reduction in Hematuria Evaluation: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
Computed tomography urography is the diagnostic tool of choice for evaluating hematuria. […]
- Quality of Life After Bladder Cancer: A Cross-sectional Survey of Patient-reported Outcomes.
Little is known about health-related quality of life (HRQOL) following treatment for […]
- Androgen Receptor Splice Variant 7 Predicts Shorter Response in Patients with Metastatic Hormone-sensitive Prostate Cancer Receiving Androgen Deprivation Therapy.
Whether AR-V7 expression can predict the response in patients with metastatic hormone-sensitive […]
- A Systematic Review and Scoping Analysis of Smoking Cessation after a Urologic Cancer Diagnosis.
Smoking cessation after a urologic cancer diagnosis significantly benefits patients. It is […]
- Functional and Taxonomic Dysbiosis of the Gut, Urine, and Semen Microbiomes in Male Infertility.
Little is known about the role of the genitourinary and gastrointestinal microbiota […]
- Micro-Ultrasound-guided Versus Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Targeted Biopsy in the Detection of Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
Micro-ultrasound is a novel, high-resolution, ultrasound technology, aiming to improve prostate imaging […]
- Robotic-assisted Versus Laparoscopic Surgery: Outcomes from the First Multicentre, Randomised, Patient-blinded Controlled Trial in Radical Prostatectomy (LAP-01).
The LAP-01 trial was designed to address the lack of high-quality literature […]
- The Clinical Significance of Bone Mineral Density Changes Following Long Term Androgen Deprivation Therapy in Localized Prostate Cancer Patients.
Long-term androgen deprivation therapy (LT-ADT) has been associated with decreased bone mineral […]
- Antimicrobial Prophylaxis (AMP) in Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP): Results of a Randomized Trial.
To determine whether omitting antimicrobial prophylaxis (AMP) in TURP is safe in […]
- Collaborative Review: Factors Influencing Treatment Decisions for Patients with a Localized Solid Renal Mass.
With the addition of active surveillance and thermal ablation (TA) to the […]
- Outcomes of a Noninferiority Randomised Controlled Trial of Surgery for Men with Urodynamic Stress Incontinence After Prostate Surgery (MASTER).
Stress urinary incontinence (SUI) is common after radical prostatectomy and likely to […]
- Robot-assisted Radical Prostatectomy Using the Novel Urethral Fixation Technique Versus Standard Vesicourethral Anastomosis.
Urinary continence recovery after radical prostatectomy is a major issue even in […]
- Changes in Clinical Presentation and Renal Outcomes Among Children with Febrile Urinary Tract Infection: 2005 vs 2015.
Recent studies have demonstrated trends of decreasing voiding cystourethrogram (VCUG) utilization rates […]
- Temporal Relationships Between Pain, Mood and Urinary Symptoms in Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (UCPPS): A MAPP Network Study.
To determine the time-lagged, bidirectional relationships among clinical variables of pelvic pain, […]
- Regional Lymph Node Metastasis on PSMA PET Correlates with Decreased BCR-Free and Therapy-free Survival after Radical Prostatectomy: A Retrospective Single-Center Single-Arm Observational Study.
To address the impact of preoperative PSMA PET (prostate specific membrane antigen […]
- Cystoscopy and Systematic Bladder Tissue Sampling in Predicting pT0 Bladder Cancer: A Prospective Trial.
Concern for discordance between clinical staging and final pathology drives current management […]
- Seminal Vesical Sparing Cystectomy in Bladder Cancer Patients is Feasible with Good Functional Results without Impairing Oncological Outcomes: A Longitudinal Long-Term Propensity-Matched Single Center Study.
Seminal-vesicle-sparing radical-cystectomy has been reported to improve short-term functional-results without compromising oncological […]
- Ureteral Stent Placement Following Ureteroscopy Increases Emergency Department Visits in a Statewide Surgical Collaborative.
Ureteral stents are commonly placed after ureteroscopy (URS). Though studies indicate that […]
- National Recommendations Against PSA Screening Versus State-Wide Medicaid Expansion Initiatives: A Battle of the Titans.
Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) occurred almost concurrently with […]
- Role of a Pre-Operative Catheter Regimen in Achieving Early Primary Endoscopic Valve Ablation in Neonates With Posterior Urethral Valves.
Primary valve ablation is preferred to vesicostomy in the initial management of […]
- The Predictive Value of Preoperative Negative PSMA PET Imaging for Lymph-Node Metastatic Prostate Cancer.
To identify a subset of patients in whom an extended pelvic lymph-node […]
- Effect of Erythropoietin on Erectile Function after Radical Prostatectomy: The ERECT Randomized Clinical Trial.
Erectile dysfunction significantly impacts quality of life for men undergoing radical prostatectomy […]
- Tobacco Screening and Treatment during Outpatient Urologic Office Visits in the United States.
Tobacco-use is a causative or exacerbating risk factor for benign and malignant […]
- Parasacral Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation for the Treatment of Children and Adolescents with Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Parasacral transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (PTENS) has been used to manage lower […]
- Reoperation after Hypospadias Repair: Long-Term Analysis.
While the true incidence of secondary hypospadias repair is unknown, the current […]
- What Do Patients and Parents Say About Parents’ Ability to Choose Early Genital Surgery for Girls with CAH?
Puropose:To determine opinions of CAH females, and parents, about parent’s ability to […]
- Beyond Prevalence: Annual Cumulative Incidence for Kidney Stones in the United States.
It is well documented that the prevalence of nephrolithiasis is increasing in […]
- Outcomes Post Neoadjuvant Intense Hormone Therapy and Surgery for Patients with High-Risk Localized Prostate Cancer: Results of a Pooled Analysis of Contemporary Clinical Trials.
We report on the post-radical prostatectomy (RP) outcomes of patients enrolled on […]
- Contemporary Outcomes of Patients with Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Treated with BCG Therapy: Implications for Clinical Trial Design.
Recurrent disease after BCG presents a therapeutic challenge. To aid trial development, […]
- Vertical Lamina Propria Invasion Diagnosed by En Bloc Transurethral Resection is a Significant Predictor of Progression for pT1 Bladder Cancer.
T1 bladder cancer is characterized by high recurrence and aggressive progression. Muscularis […]
- Genomic Testing in Patients with Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer: A Pragmatic Guide for Clinicians.
Genomic testing is becoming increasingly important in patients with advanced prostate cancer […]
- Multicenter Comparison of 17-Gene Genomic Prostate Score as a Predictor of Outcomes in Black and White Men with Clinically Localized Prostate Cancer.
Adoption of prognostic molecular assays for prostate cancer requires evidence of robust […]
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Improves the Detection of Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer among Men on Active Surveillance.
Transperineal prostate biopsy offers improved sampling of the anterior prostate compared to […]
- How Far Should We Explore Hypospadias? Next-generation Sequencing Applied to a Large Cohort of Hypospadiac Patients.
Next-generation sequencing (NGS) is generally used for patients with severe disorders of […]
- Adjuvant Pazopanib Versus Placebo After Nephrectomy in Patients With Localized or Locally Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma: Final Overall Survival Analysis of the Phase 3 PROTECT Trial.
Most studies indicate no benefit of adjuvant therapy with VEGFR tyrosine kinase […]
- A Systematic Review of Patients’ Values, Preferences, and Expectations for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms.
Understanding men’s values and preferences in the context of personal, physical, emotional, […]
- Significantly Minimizing Drug Wastage and the Cost of Cabazitaxel Used to Treat Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.
Cabazitaxel is used to treat patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing […]
- Robot-assisted Radical Cystectomy Versus Open Radical Cystectomy in Bladder Cancer Patients: A Multicentre Comparative Effectiveness Study.
Radical cystectomy with pelvic lymph node dissection (PLND) and urinary diversion in […]
- Systematic Review of Time to Definitive Treatment for Intermediate-Risk and High-Risk Prostate Cancer: Are Delays Associated with Worse Outcomes?
Prostate cancer (PCa) is most commonly an indolent disease, especially when detected […]
- Penile Rehabilitation Strategy after the Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy: A Systematic Review and Network meta-Analysis of Randomized Trials.
Despite the advances in the nerve-sparing and minimally invasive radical prostatectomy (RP), […]
- Insulinemic and Inflammatory Dietary Patterns and Risk of Prostate Cancer.
Hyperinsulinemia and inflammation are inter-related pathways that link diet with the risk […]
- Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis of Blood-based Liquid Biopsies to Inform Clinical Decision-making in Prostate Cancer.
Genomic stratification can impact prostate cancer (PC) care through diagnostic, prognostic, and […]
- European Association of Urology (EAU) Prognostic Factor Risk Groups for Non-muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer (NMIBC) Incorporating the WHO 2004/2016 and WHO 1973 Classification Systems for Grade: An Update from the EAU NMIBC Guidelines Panel.
The European Association of Urology (EAU) prognostic factor risk groups for non-muscle-invasive […]
- The Mutational Landscape of Metastatic Castration-sensitive Prostate Cancer: The Spectrum Theory Revisited.
Emerging data suggest that metastasis is a spectrum of disease burden rather […]
- Value-Based Healthcare in Urology: A Collaborative Review.
In response to growing concerns over rising costs and major variation in […]