- Intraoperative Ureteral Stent Use at Radical Cystectomy is Associated with Higher 30-Day Complication Rates.
Radical cystectomy/urinary diversion is a high risk procedure. Intraoperative stents are commonly […]
- Race, Decisional Regret and Prostate Cancer Beliefs: Identifying Targets to Reduce Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer.
African American men are more likely to be diagnosed with, die of […]
- Robot-assisted Radical Nephrectomy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Comparative Studies.
Radical nephrectomy (RN) is the gold standard treatment for large and locally […]
- Selecting Patients with Favourable-Risk, GG2 Prostate Cancer for Active Surveillance: Does MRI Have a Role?
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) recommends that selected men with GG2 […]
- Endoscopic Treatment for Large Multifocal Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma.
We reviewed the oncologic and surgical outcomes of endoscopic treatments for low-grade […]
- Improvement of Storage-Related Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Following Urethroplasty: A Prospective Cohort Study.
In patients with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) storage-related symptoms induce the […]
- Neovaginal Canal Dissection in Gender-Affirming Vaginoplasty.
Gender-affirming vaginoplasty creates the vulva and vaginal canal for those people assigned […]
- Antireflux Surgery at National Surgical Quality Improvement Program-Pediatric Hospitals.
This study aims to examine contemporary practice patterns and compare short-term outcomes […]
- PSMA PET/CT in the Evaluation of Initial Response in Candidates Who Underwent Salvage Radiation Therapy after Radical Prostatectomy for Prostate Cancer.
To assess predictors for the short-term oncological outcome of patients who underwent […]
- A Comparison of Prostate Cancer Detection Between Visual-Estimation (Cognitive Registration) and Image-Fusion (Software Registration) Targeted Transperineal Prostate Biopsy.
To compare clinically significant prostate cancer (csPCa) detection by visual-estimation and image-fusion […]
- Diagnostic Test Characteristics of Ultrasound-Based Hydronephrosis in Identifying Low Kidney Function in Young Patients with Spina Bifida: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
Kidney dysfunction in spina bifida (SB) is usually detected by low estimated […]
- Evaluation of Reproductive Parameters in Men with Solitary Testis.
To evaluate reproductive parameters of men with solitary testis compared to men […]
- Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of the Association Between Vitamin D Status and Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms.
Cumulative studies have shown that vitamin D may be associated with lower […]
- Oncologic Outcomes after Localized Prostate Cancer Treatment: Associations with Pre-treatment Prostate MRI Findings.
To investigate whether T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings could improve upon […]
- A DROP-IN Gamma Probe for Robot-assisted Radioguided Surgery of Lymph Nodes During Radical Prostatectomy.
The DROP-IN gamma probe was introduced to overcome the restricted manoeuvrability of […]
- Initial Experience with Intracorporeal Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy and Detaenial Sigmoid Neobladder Reconstruction.
Intracorporeal urinary diversion is considered to be effective in improving intestinal function […]
- Persistence and Adherence of Anticholinergics and Beta-3 Agonist for the Treatment of Overactive Bladder: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis, and Network Meta-Analysis.
To investigate the persistence and adherence rate of overactive bladder medications and […]
- Can 68Ga-PSMA-11 PET/CT Predict Pathologic Response of Primary Prostate Cancer to Neoadjuvant Androgen Deprivation Therapy: A Pilot Study.
To explore the role of 68Ga-PSMA-11 PET/CT as a predictor of pathologic […]
- The Clinical Significance of Multiple Negative Surveillance Prostate Biopsies for Men on Active Surveillance-Does Cancer Vanish or Simply Hide?
Men with low risk prostate cancer on active surveillance undergo multiple biopsies […]
- T1-Substaging of Non-muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer is Associated with BCG-Failure and Improves Patient Stratification at Diagnosis.
Currently, markers are lacking that can identify high-risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer […]
- Advanced Prostate Cancer with ATM Loss: PARP and ATR Inhibitors.
Deleterious ATM alterations are found in metastatic prostate cancer (PC); PARP inhibition […]
- Surgical Management of Retrocrural Disease in Germ Cell Tumors: Outcomes and Evolution of Practice.
Residual retrocrural disease in testis cancer following chemotherapy is a surgical challenge. […]
- The Predictive Value of Programmed Death Ligand 1 in Patients with Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma Treated with Immune-checkpoint Inhibitors: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Immune-checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) are a mainstay treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma […]
- Grading Chromophobe Renal Cell Carcinoma: Evidence for a Four-tiered Classification Incorporating Coagulative Tumor Necrosis.
Although grading systems have been proposed for chromophobe renal cell carcinoma (ChRCC), […]
- EAU-EANM-ESTRO-ESUR-SIOG Guidelines on Prostate Cancer-2020 Update. Part 1: Screening, Diagnosis, and Local Treatment with Curative Intent.
To present a summary of the 2020 version of the European Association […]
- Integrated Expression of Circulating miR375 and miR371 to Identify Teratoma and Active Germ Cell Malignancy Components in Malignant Germ Cell Tumors.
Active germ cell malignancies express high levels of specific circulating micro-RNAs (miRNAs), […]
- The Long-Term Risks of Metastases in Men on Active Surveillance for Early Stage Prostate Cancer.
We assessd the long-term outcomes from a large prospective cohort of men […]
- Taxane-induced Attenuation of the CXCR2/BCL-2 Axis Sensitizes Prostate Cancer to Platinum-based Treatment.
Taxanes are the most active chemotherapy agents in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer […]
- Multiple Tissue Biomarkers Independently and Additively Predict Prostate Cancer Pathology Outcomes.
Distinguishing indolent from aggressive prostate cancer remains a key challenge for decision […]
- Association Between African American Race and Clinical Outcomes in Men Treated for Low-Risk Prostate Cancer With Active Surveillance.
There is concern that African American men with low-risk prostate cancer may […]
- Impact of Focal Versus Whole Gland Ablation for Prostate Cancer on Sexual Function and Urinary Continence.
Focal instead of whole gland ablation for prostate cancer has been proposed […]
- Performance of Prostate Health Index (PHI) in Biopsy-Naïve Black Men.
Prostate Health Index (PHI) is validated for prostate cancer (PCa) detection but […]
- Surgical Re-intervention Rates After Invasive Treatment for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms due to Benign Prostatic Syndrome: A Comparative Study of More than 43,000 Patients with Long-Term Follow-Up.
No large-scale comparison of the four most established surgical approaches for LUTS […]
- Effect of Regional Citrate Anticoagulation vs Systemic Heparin Anticoagulation During Continuous Kidney Replacement Therapy on Dialysis Filter Life Span and Mortality Among Critically Ill Patients With Acute Kidney Injury: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Although current guidelines suggest the use of regional citrate anticoagulation (which involves […]
- A Novel Dissection Gesture Classification to Characterize Robotic Dissection Technique for Renal Hilar Dissection.
Deconstruction of robotic surgical gestures into semantic vocabulary yields an effective tool […]
- An Up-to-date Assessment of US Prostate Cancer Incidence Rates by Stage and Race: A Novel Approach Combining Multiple Imputation with Age and Delay Adjustment.
In the USA, it is unknown whether metastatic prostate cancer incidence has […]
- Impact of Late Dosing on Testosterone Suppression with Two Different Leuprolide Acetate Formulations: In Situ Gel and Microsphere – An Analysis of US Clinical Data.
Non-adherence to dosing schedules for androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) increases risk of […]
- Phenotyping the Association Between Nocturia and Hypertension: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
The association between nocturia and hypertension has been widely reported, yet remains […]
- Mental Disorders in Peyronie’s Disease: A Swedish Cohort Study of 3.5 Million Men.
Studies have shown that men with Peyronie’s disease often suffer from psychological […]
- Prevalence of Malignancy and Histopathologic Association of Bosniak Classification, Version 2019 Class III and IV Cystic Renal Masses.
Bosniak Classification, version 2019 (v2019) describes two types of class III and […]
- Retzius-Sparing Versus Standard Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: A Comparative Prospective Study of Nearly 500 Patients.
To compare standard (RARP) and Retzius-sparing robot-assisted radical prostatectomy (RS-RARP) in a […]
- Hood Technique for Robotic Radical Prostatectomy-Preserving Periurethral Anatomical Structures in the Space of Retzius and Sparing the Pouch of Douglas, Enabling Early Return of Continence Without Compromising Surgical Margin Rates.
A common side effect following radical prostatectomy is urinary incontinence. Here, we […]
- False Positive Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging Phenotypes in the Biopsy-naïve Prostate: Are They Distinct from Significant Cancer-associated Lesions? Lessons from PROMIS.
False positive multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging (mpMRI) phenotypes prompt unnecessary biopsies. The […]
- Urotrauma Guideline 2020: AUA Guideline.
The authors of this guideline reviewed the urologic trauma literature to guide […]
- The Clinicopathologic and Molecular Landscape of Clear Cell Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma: Implications in Diagnosis and Management.
Clear cell papillary renal cell carcinoma (CCPRCC) is a recently described tumor […]
- EAU-EANM-ESTRO-ESUR-SIOG Guidelines on Prostate Cancer. Part II-2020 Update: Treatment of Relapsing and Metastatic Prostate Cancer.
To present a summary of the 2020 version of the European Association […]
- Timing, Patterns and Predictors of 90-days Readmission Rate after Robotic Radical Cystectomy.
To examine the timing, patterns and predictors of 90-day readmission after robotic […]
- Self-Reported Urologic Hospitalizations or Emergency Room Visits in a Contemporary Spinal Cord Injury Cohort.
Individuals with SCI frequently utilize urgent and emergent medical care. We hypothesized […]
- Does Baseline Serum Testosterone Influence Androgen Deprivation Therapy Outcomes in Hormone Naïve Advanced Prostate Cancer Patients?
To study baseline serum testosterone’s prognostic value in hormone naïve advanced prostate […]
- Deviation from the Protocol of a Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing On-Clamp versus Off-Clamp Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy (CLOCK II Laparoscopic Study): A Real-Life Analysis.
To assess factors/additional morbidities related to the conversion of clamping approach during […]
- Ureteroscopy in Patients Taking Anticoagulant or Antiplatelet Therapy: Practice Patterns and Outcomes in a Surgical Collaborative.
AUA guidelines recommend ureteroscopy (URS) as first-line therapy for patients on anticoagulant […]
- Urethral-sparing Robot-assisted Simple Prostatectomy: An Innovative Technique to Preserve Ejaculatory Function Overcoming the Limitation of the Standard Millin Approach.
Despite recent technical innovations in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), […]
- Urogenital System Damaging Manifestations of Three Human Infected Coronaviruses.
At present, there are no comparative studies about the three coronaviruses infection […]
- Application of the PRECISION Trial Biopsy Strategy to a Contemporary MRI-Targeted Biopsy Cohort: How Many Clinically Significant Prostate Cancers are Missed?
To demonstrate the generalizability of PRECISION findings and apply the PRECISION biopsy […]
- Total Motile Sperm Count in Adolescent Boys with Varicocele is Associated with Hormone Levels and Total Testicular Volume.
The risk factors for future infertility in adolescents with varicocele are controversial […]
- Predicting Pathologic Tumor Size in Prostate Cancer Based on Multiparametric Prostate MRI and Preoperative Findings.
Oncologic efficacy of focal therapies in prostate cancer (PCa) depends heavily on […]
- Pedicled Antero-Lateral Thigh and Radial Forearm Free Flap Phalloplasty for Penile Reconstruction in Bladder Exstrophy Patients.
Male exstrophy epispadias complex patients have a congenitally short penis. Adolescent adult […]
- A Claims-based Assessment of Reoperation and Acute Urinary Retention After Ambulatory Transurethral Surgery for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
To evaluate real-world utilization of common transurethral prostate procedures in the ambulatory […]
- Association of Longitudinal Changes in Symptoms and Urinary Biomarkers in Patients with Urological Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (UCCPS): A MAPP Research Network Study.
To analyze a series of novel non-invasive urinary biomarkers for their ability […]
- Non-antibiotic Strategies for the Prevention of Infectious Complications following Prostate Biopsy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
To identify which non-antibiotic strategies could reduce the risk of infectious complications […]