- Immunoglobulin G of systemic sclerosis patients programs a pro-inflammatory and profibrotic phenotype in monocyte-like THP-1 cells.
Functional IgG autoantibodies against diverse G protein-coupled receptors, i.e. antibodies with agonistic […]
- Deep phenotyping of synovial molecular signatures by integrative systems analysis in rheumatoid arthritis.
RA encompasses a complex, heterogeneous and dynamic group of diseases arising from […]
- Efficacy, pharmacokinetics and safety of subcutaneous versus intravenous CT-P13 in rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized phase I/III trial.
To assess non-inferiority of s.c. to i.v. CT-P13 in RA.Patients with active […]
- Association of State Certificate of Need Regulation With Procedural Volume, Market Share, and Outcomes Among Medicare Beneficiaries.
Certificate of need laws provide state-level regulation of health system expenditure. These […]
- Risk factors for herpes zoster in patients with rheumatic diseases: a nationwide cohort study in Korea.
To determine the risk factors for herpes zoster (HZ) in patients with […]
- Visceral adiposity in patients with psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis alone and its relationship with metabolic and cardiovascular risk.
Fat mass distribution, especially in the abdominal visceral region, has been rarely […]
- Fetal safety of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine use during pregnancy: a nationwide cohort study.
The antimalaria 4-aminoquinoline drugs chloroquine and HCQ are used in the treatment […]
- Secukinumab and ustekinumab treatment in psoriatic arthritis: results of a direct comparison.
To evaluate the characteristics of patients (pts) with PsA treated by ustekinumab […]
- Comparison between low cost USB nailfold capillaroscopy and videocapillaroscopy: a pilot study.
Universal serial bus (USB) microscopy (capillaroscopy) could provide all rheumatologists with an […]
- Advanced imaging for quantification of abnormalities in the salivary glands of patients with primary Sjögren’s syndrome.
To assess non-invasive imaging for detection and quantification of gland structure, inflammation […]
- Macrophage activation syndrome in children with Kawasaki disease: an experience from a tertiary care hospital in northwest India.
To carry out a review of clinical characteristics, laboratory profiles, management and […]
- Fracture risk in systemic lupus erythematosus patients over 28 years.
Chronic glucocorticoid use is complicated by osteoporosis and increases the risk of […]
- Safety and therapeutic value of radiosynoviorthesis with yttrium-90: a Canadian single-centre experience.
Yttrium-90 (90Y) is approved in several countries as a radiosynoviorthesis agent in […]
- Serum cytokine levels associated with myocardial injury in systemic lupus erythematosus.
To identify cytokines, markers of endothelial activation [soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 […]
- Causal association of adipokines with osteoarthritis: a Mendelian randomization study.
This two-sample Mendelian randomization study aimed to delve into the effects of […]
- Proinflammatory and bone protective role of calcitonin gene-related peptide alpha in collagen antibody-induced arthritis.
Calcitonin gene-related peptide alpha (αCGRP) represents an immunomodulatory neuropeptide implicated in pain […]
- Changing evidence over time: updated meta-analysis regarding anti-TNF efficacy in childhood chronic uveitis.
To summarize evidence regarding efficacy of anti-TNFα in childhood chronic uveitis, refractory […]
- Incidence of extra-articular manifestations in ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and undifferentiated spondyloarthritis: results from a national register-based cohort study.
To estimate the incidence and strength of association of extra-articular manifestations [EAMs, […]
- Tofacitinib counteracts IL-6 overexpression induced by deficient autophagy: implications in Sjögren’s syndrome.
Altered homeostasis of salivary gland (SG) epithelial cells in Sjögren’s syndrome (SS) […]
- Feasibility of online home spirometry in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease: a pilot study.
Frequent monitoring of forced vital capacity at home may be of added […]
- Epidemiology of systemic sclerosis in the UK: an analysis of the Clinical Practice Research Datalink.
We developed and tested a robust case ascertainment strategy within the Clinical […]
- The efficacy and safety of citrate mixture vs sodium bicarbonate on urine alkalization in Chinese primary gout patients with benzbromarone: a prospective, randomized controlled study.
To compare the efficacy and safety of citrate mixture and sodium bicarbonate […]
- Differences in clinical characteristics of IgG4-related disease across age groups: a prospective study of 737 patients.
The aim of this study was to compare the clinical characteristics of […]
- The long-term prognosis of pneumomediastinum associated with dermatomyositis: a two-centre retrospective cohort study.
Pneumomediastinum (PnM) is a rare but life-threatening complication of DM. The present […]
- Geospatial clustering of childhood IgA vasculitis and IgA vasculitis-associated nephritis.
Research on spatial variability of the incidence of IgA vasculitis (IgAV) in […]
- Interleukin 6 receptor inhibition in primary Sjögren syndrome: a multicentre double-blind randomised placebo-controlled trial.
No immunomodulatory drug has been approved for primary Sjögren’s syndrome, a systemic […]
- Anti-centromere antibodies target centromere-kinetochore macrocomplex: a comprehensive autoantigen profiling.
Anti-centromere antibodies (ACAs) are detected in patients with various autoimmune diseases such […]
- Screening and Intervention to Prevent Falls and Fractures in Older People.
Community screening and therapeutic prevention strategies may reduce the incidence of falls […]
- Relationship between diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis and fragility vertebral fracture: a prospective study in older men.
To analyse the risk of incident vertebral and non-vertebral fracture in men […]
- Clinical significance of interleukin-18 for the diagnosis and prediction of disease course in systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
To investigate the clinical significance of serum IL-18 levels for the diagnosis […]
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cells are hypomethylated in active rheumatoid arthritis and methylation correlates with disease activity.
Epigenetic modifications are dynamic and influence cellular disease activity. The aim of […]
- New insights into the role of imaging in polymyalgia rheumatica.
PMR is an inflammatory rheumatic disease of elderly people characterized by pain […]
- Sirolimus for patients with connective tissue disease-related refractory thrombocytopenia: a single-arm, open-label clinical trial.
Connective tissue disease-related thrombocytopenia (CTD-TP) is a problematic disorder in clinical practice. […]
- Efficacy of baricitinib in patients with moderate-to-severe rheumatoid arthritis with 3 years of treatment: results from a long-term study.
To evaluate the long-term efficacy of once-daily baricitinib 4 mg in patients with […]
- Efficacy and safety of fasinumab in patients with chronic low back pain: a phase II/III randomised clinical trial.
To study the efficacy and safety of fasinumab in moderate-to-severe, chronic low […]
- Relationship between Depression and Disease Activity in United States Veterans with Early Rheumatoid Arthritis Receiving Methotrexate.
Depression is common in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients, exacerbates disease activity, and […]
- Hydroxychloroquine suppresses interferon-inducible genes and B-cell activating factor in patients with incomplete and new onset systemic lupus erythematosus.
Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is commonly used as first line treatment for systemic lupus […]
- Relation between fatigue and ACR response in patients with psoriatic arthritis treated with TNFi therapy: a population-based cohort study.
The objective of this population-based cohort study was to investigate the association […]
- The performances of the ACR 1997, SLICC 2012, and EULAR/ACR 2019 classification criteria in pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus.
Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic autoimmune disease. The ACR (American […]
- Including pain, fatigue and physical function when assessing patients with early rheumatoid arthritis provides a comprehensive picture of disease burden.
To explore the possibility of integrating patient-important outcomes like pain, fatigue and […]
- Development and testing of reduced versions of the MMT-8 in juvenile dermatomyositis.
To develop and test shortened versions of Manual Muscle Testing-8 (MMT-8) in […]
- Risk of osteoarthritis in an incident cohort of people with psoriatic arthritis: a population-based cohort study.
To determine the risk of a diagnosis of osteoarthritis (OA) in psoriatic […]
- Lifestyle and clinical risk factors for incident rheumatoid arthritis-associated interstitial lung disease.
To determine the association between novel lifestyle factors on risk of rheumatoid […]
- Risk of cancer in middle-aged patients with gout: A nationwide population-based study in Korea.
Gout is reportedly associated with a higher incidence of cancer. However, patients […]
- Hospitalization Rates are Highest in the First 5 Years of Systemic Sclerosis: Results from a Population-based Cohort (1980-2016).
Few studies have estimated the healthcare resource usage of patients with systemic […]
- Descriptive Comparisons of the Impact of Apremilast and Methotrexate Monotherapy in Oligoarticular Psoriatic Arthritis: the Corrona Psoriatic Arthritis/Spondyloarthritis Registry Results.
Therapeutic response was evaluated among new apremilast, methotrexate, or biologic disease-modifying anti-rheumatic […]
- Concerns, healthcare use, and treatment interruptions in patients with common autoimmune rheumatic diseases during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To assess concerns and healthcare-related behaviors of patients with autoimmune rheumatic diseases […]
- Elaboration of a new synovial predictive score of septic origin for acute arthritis on the native joint (RESAS).
To establish a new predictive score for the diagnosis of septic arthritis […]
- Coeliac disease is a risk factor for the development of seronegative arthritis in patients with autoimmune thyroid disease.
Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is known to cluster with other systemic autoimmune disorders. Rheumatic […]
- Systemic overexpression of interleukin-22 induces the negative immune-regulator SOCS3 and potently reduces experimental arthritis in mice.
High levels of IL-22 are present in serum and synovial fluid of […]
- Increased Prevalence of Moderate-to-severe Mitral And Aortic Valve Dysfunction in Systemic Sclerosis: A Casecontrol Study.
To investigate the prevalence, severity and associated clinical factors of mitral and […]
- Individual responses to topical ibuprofen gel or capsaicin cream for painful knee osteoarthritis: a series of n-of-1 trials.
To determine individual responses to ibuprofen gel or capsaicin cream for painful, […]
- Priorities for High Quality Care in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Results of Patient, Health Professional, and Policymaker Perspectives.
To elucidate the essential elements of high-quality rheumatoid arthritis (RA) care in […]
- Baseline disease activity influences subsequent achievement of patient acceptable symptom state in Sjögren’s syndrome.
To investigate longitudinal changes of the EULAR SS Patient-Reported Index (ESSPRI) and […]
- Tuberculosis risk with biologics by screening-guided preventive strategy in rheumatoid arthritis under intermediate tuberculosis burden.
We aimed to compare tuberculosis (TB) risk during biologics treatment between patients […]
- Tofacitinib as a possible treatment for skin thickening in diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis.
To analyse the effectiveness of tofacitinib for the treatment of refractory skin […]
- The causal effect of interleukin-17 on the risk of psoriatic arthritis: a Mendelian randomization study.
To determine causal associations between genetically predicted TNF-α, IL-12p70 and IL-17 levels […]
- Changes in the illness perceptions of patients with rheumatoid arthritis over the first year of methotrexate therapy.
To describe the illness perceptions of patients with RA over the first […]
- A neutrophil signature is strongly associated with increased cardiovascular risk in gout.
To investigate the association between neutrophil activation and cardiovascular risk in gout […]
- Machine-learning, MRI bone shape and important clinical outcomes in osteoarthritis: data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative.
Osteoarthritis (OA) structural status is imperfectly classified using radiographic assessment. Statistical shape […]