- Frequency, risk factors, clinical characteristics and outcomes of spontaneous pneumothorax in patients with Covid-19: A case-control, emergency medicine-based multicenter study.
Recent reports of COVID-19 patients developing pneumothorax mainly correspond to case reports […]
- HOW CAN I SURVIVE THIS? Coping during COVID-19 pandemic.
Worldwide, healthcare professionals are experiencing unprecedented stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic. […]
- Trajectories of asthma and allergies from 7 years to 53 years and associations with lung function and extrapulmonary comorbidity profiles: a prospective cohort study.
Longitudinal trajectories of asthma and allergies from childhood to adulthood might be […]
- DNA methylation at birth is associated with lung function development till age 26 years.
Little is known about whether DNA methylation (DNAm) of cytosine-phosphate-guanine (CpG) sites […]
- A CLUSTER ANALYSIS OF BRONCHIECTASIS PATIENTS BASED ON THE AIRWAY IMMUNE PROFILE.
Clinical heterogeneity in bronchiectasis remains a challenge to improve the appropriate targeting […]
- Normative cardiopulmonary exercise test responses at the ventilatory threshold in Canadian adults aged 40-80 years.
Physiological and symptom responses at the ventilatory threshold (Tvent) during incremental cardiopulmonary […]
- Transcriptome analysis of IPF fibroblastic foci identifies key pathways involved in fibrogenesis.
Fibroblastic foci represent the cardinal pathogenic lesion in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) […]
- Added Diagnostic Utility Of Clinical Metagenomics For The Diagnosis Of Pneumonia In Immunocompromised Adults.
In the evaluation of community-acquired pneumonia, 30-60% of cases remain undiagnosed, despite […]
- Low-tidal volume mechanical ventilation against no ventilation during cardiopulmonary bypass in heart surgery (MECANO): a randomized controlled trial.
Postoperative pulmonary complications are common after cardiac surgery and have been related […]
- Sex and survival after surgery for lung cancer: A Swedish nationwide cohort.
Prior reports on a possible female survival advantage in both surgical and […]
- Risk Factors for and Time to Recurrence of Symptomatic Malignant Pleural Effusion in Patients with Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with EGFR or ALK Mutations.
The main goal of management in patients with NSCLC and MPE is […]
- Epigenetics and pulmonary diseases in the horizon of precision medicine: a review.
Epigenetic mechanisms represent potential molecular routes which could bridge the gap between […]
- Target-inhibition of Galectin-3 by Inhaled TD139 in Patients with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
Galectin-3 (Gal-3) is a pro-fibrotic β-galactoside-binding lectin that plays a key role […]
- Life-course socioeconomic disadvantage and lung function: a multicohort study of 70 496 individuals.
Lung function is an important predictor of health and a marker of […]
- Sleep Laboratories Reopening and COVID-19: A European Perspective.
The clinical activities regarding sleep disordered breathing (SDB) have been sharply interrupted […]
- Validation of the Bronchiectasis Impact Measure (BIM) – a novel patient reported outcome measure.
Existing quality of life and symptom tools used in bronchiectasis trials are […]
- Air-travel related TB incident follow up – effectiveness and outcomes: a systematic review.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends following up passengers following possible exposure […]
- Obstructive sleep apnea and the progression of thoracic aortic aneurysm: a prospective cohort study.
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is associated with an increased prevalence of aortic […]
- “How I Do It: Assessing Patients for Air Travel”.
Advising patients prior to air travel is a frequently overlooked, but important […]
- First-Line Lorlatinib or Crizotinib in Advanced ALK-Positive Lung Cancer.
Lorlatinib, a third-generation inhibitor of anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK), has antitumor activity […]
- Night shift work is associated with an increased risk of asthma.
Shift work causes misalignment between internal circadian time and the external light/dark […]
- Phase 3 Trial of Interleukin-1 Trap Rilonacept in Recurrent Pericarditis.
Interleukin-1 has been implicated as a mediator of recurrent pericarditis. The efficacy […]
- Assessing the physiological endotypes responsible for REM and NREM based obstructive sleep apnea.: REM and NREM OSA.
Patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) can have the majority of their […]
- Institution-level differences in quality and outcomes of lung cancer resections in the United States.
Institution-level disparities in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) survival may be driven […]
- The value of hemodynamic measurements or cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in the follow-up of patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Management of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) patients is conventionally based on functional […]
- Sigh in patients with acute hypoxemic respiratory failure and acute respiratory distress syndrome: the PROTECTION pilot randomized clinical trial.
Sigh is a cyclic brief recruitment manoeuvre: previous physiological studies showed that […]
- Excellent Prognosis of Patients with Invasive Lung Adenocarcinomas Intraoperatively Misdiagnosed as AAH/AIS/MIA by Frozen Section.
Our previous study revealed that intraoperative frozen section (FS) could accurately differentiate […]
- Sepsis, the Administration of Intravenous Fluids and Respiratory failure: A Retrospective analysis – SAIFR Study.
Although resuscitation with intravenous fluids (IVF) is the cornerstone of sepsis management, […]
- Telomere length and risk of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a mendelian randomisation study.
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a fatal lung disease accounting for 1% […]
- Cryoballoon Ablation as Initial Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation.
In patients with symptomatic paroxysmal atrial fibrillation that has not responded to […]
- Plasma insulin-like growth factor binding protein-7 (IGFBP-7) contributes causally to ARDS 28-day mortality: evidence from multi-stage Mendelian randomization.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a devastating syndrome with heterogeneous subtypes, […]
- Assessment of chronic bronchitis and risk factors in young adults: Results from BAMSE.
Chronic bronchitis is associated with substantial morbidity among elderly adults, but little […]
- CILP1 as a biomarker for right ventricular maladaptation in pulmonary hypertension.
The aim of our study was to analyse the protein expression of […]
- Transcriptomic analysis of CFTR-impaired endothelial cells reveals a pro-inflammatory phenotype.
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-threatening disorder characterised by decreased pulmonary mucociliary […]
- Nitrogen Dioxide Increases the Risk of Mortality in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
Ambient air pollution is associated with prognosis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) […]
- Early-life risk factors for reversible and irreversible airflow limitation in young adults: findings from the BAMSE birth cohort.
We aimed to determine prevalence and early-life risk factors for reversible and […]
- Association of asthma severity and educational attainment at age 6-7 years in a birth cohort: population-based record-linkage study.
There is conflicting research about the association between asthma and poor educational […]
- To drain or not to drain? Abscess or empyema?
We present a case posing the clinical dilemma of differentiating a large […]
- Accuracy of UK Rapid Test Consortium (UK-RTC) “AbC-19 Rapid Test” for detection of previous SARS-CoV-2 infection in key workers: test accuracy study.
To assess the accuracy of the AbC-19 Rapid Test lateral flow immunoassay […]
- ‘Long-COVID’: a cross-sectional study of persisting symptoms, biomarker and imaging abnormalities following hospitalisation for COVID-19.
Large numbers of people are being discharged from hospital following COVID-19 without […]
- Effect of e-Cigarettes Plus Counseling vs Counseling Alone on Smoking Cessation: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) for smoking cessation remain controversial.To evaluate e-cigarettes with individual […]
- E-cigarette Use and Respiratory Disorder: An Integrative Review of Converging Evidence from Epidemiological and Laboratory Studies.
Use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) is prevalent among adolescents and young adults […]
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on asthma control in patients with vitamin D deficiency: the ACVID randomised clinical trial.
The relationship between asthma and vitamin D deficiency has been known for […]
- Mortality due to cancer treatment delay: systematic review and meta-analysis.
To quantify the association of cancer treatment delay and mortality for each […]
- COPD assessment test for the evaluation of COVID-19 symptoms.
There is evidence to demonstrate the ongoing symptoms of COVID-19; however, there […]
- Characterisation of gas exchange in COPD with dissolved-phase hyperpolarised xenon-129 MRI.
To investigate whether hyperpolarised xenon-129 MRI (HXeMRI) enables regional and physiological resolution […]
- Sputum microbiota in adults with CF associates with response to inhaled tobramycin.
Inhaled tobramycin powder/solution (TIP/S) use has resulted in improved clinical outcomes in […]
- Supervised pulmonary rehabilitation using minimal or specialist exercise equipment in COPD: a propensity-matched analysis.
Many trials supporting the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation (PR) have used specialist […]
- “Impact of Corticosteroids in COVID-19 Outcomes: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis”.
Since its appearance in late 2019, infections caused by severe acute respiratory […]
- Tele-ICU Implementation and Risk-Adjusted Mortality Differences Between Daytime and Nighttime Coverage.
Tele-Intensive Care Unit (ICU) augmentation has been associated with improvements in clinical […]
- MRI of the upper airways in children and young adults: the MUSIC study.
Paediatric laryngotracheal stenosis (LTS) is often successfully corrected with open airway surgery. […]
- Eosinophilic inflammation in COPD: from an inflammatory marker to a treatable trait.
The heterogeneity of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) creates many diagnostic, prognostic, […]
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea patients adhering to Continuous positive Airway Pressure: A randomized trial.
Excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) in individuals with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome persisting […]
- Validation of Lung EpiCheck®, a novel methylation-based blood assay, for the detection of lung cancer in European and Chinese high-risk individuals.
Lung cancer screening reduces mortality. We aim to validate the performance of […]
- Tuberculosis prevention in children: A prospective community based study in South Africa.
Tuberculosis preventive therapy reduces tuberculosis risk in children. However, the effectiveness of […]
- Transcriptomic investigation reveals donor specific gene signatures in human lung transplants.
Transplantation of lungs from donation after circulatory death (DCD) in addition to […]
- The interrelatedness of chronic cough and chronic pain.
Since chronic cough has common neurobiological mechanisms and pathophysiology with chronic pain, […]
- Genome-wide association study of non-tuberculous mycobacterial pulmonary disease.
The prevalence of non-tuberculous mycobacterial pulmonary disease (NTM-PD) is increasing in South […]
- Risk of hospital admission with coronavirus disease 2019 in healthcare workers and their households: nationwide linkage cohort study.
To assess the risk of hospital admission for coronavirus disease 2019 (covid-19) […]
- Low vitamin D and risk of bacterial pneumonias: Mendelian randomisation studies in two population-based cohorts.
Vitamin D may regulate the innate immune system, and randomised controlled trials […]