- Presenting Clinico-radiologic Features, Causes, and Clinical Course of Exogenous Lipoid Pneumonia in Adults.
Exogenous lipoid pneumonia (ELP) develops when lipid-containing substances enter the airways through […]
- Phenotypes and Subphenotypes of Patients with COVID-19: a Latent Class Modeling Analysis.
Since COVID-19 was identified, its clinical and biological heterogeneity has been recognized. […]
- The burden of mental illness among survivors of critical care – risk factors and impact on quality of life: a multicenter prospective cohort study.
Survivors of critical care may develop mental health disorders in the months […]
- Balancing the needs of the many and the few: where next for adult asthma guidelines?
Asthma differs from many other chronic conditions in that most key management […]
- Neutrophils in asthma: the good, the bad and the bacteria.
Airway inflammation plays a key role in asthma pathogenesis but is heterogeneous […]
- Repeatability and sensitivity to change of non-invasive end points in PAH: the RESPIRE study.
End points that are repeatable and sensitive to change are important in […]
- The pathophysiological role of novel pulmonary arterial hypertension gene SOX17.
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) is a progressive disease predominantly targeting pre-capillary blood […]
- Heterogeneity within and between physician-diagnosed asthma and/or COPD: NOVELTY cohort.
Studies of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) typically focus on […]
- Altered pulmonary blood volume distribution as a biomarker for predicting outcomes in COVID-19 disease.
Evidence suggests that vascular inflammation and thrombosis may be important drivers of […]
- Development and validation of a prediction model for 30-day mortality in hospitalised patients with COVID-19: the COVID-19 SEIMC score.
To develop and validate a prediction model of mortality in patients with […]
- Bronchiectasis severity correlates with outcome in patients with primary antibody deficiency.
Bronchiectasis is a well-recognised complication of primary antibody deficiency (PAD) syndromes. Previous […]
- Classification and effectiveness of different oxygenation goals in mechanically ventilated critically ill patients: network meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.
The optimal oxygenation in mechanically ventilated critically ill patients remains unclear.Randomised controlled […]
- Greenness may improve lung health in low-moderate but not high air pollution areas: Seven Northeastern Cities’ study.
There is growing interest in the impact of greenness exposure on airway […]
- Maternal asthma is associated with reduced lung function in male infants in a combined analysis of the BLT and BILD cohorts.
Asthma in pregnancy is associated with respiratory diseases in the offspring.To investigate […]
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Solriamfetol for Excessive Daytime Sleepiness in Obstructive Sleep Apnea: An Analysis of Subgroups Adherent or Nonadherent to Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment.
Solriamfetol, a dopamine-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, is approved in the USA to improve […]
- Arterial and venous thromboembolism in COVID-19: a study-level meta-analysis.
The prevalence of venous thromboembolic event (VTE) and arterial thromboembolic event (ATE) […]
- BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine in a Nationwide Mass Vaccination Setting.
As mass vaccination campaigns against coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) commence worldwide, vaccine […]
- Characteristics and Prevalence of Domestic and Occupational Inhalational Exposures Across Interstitial Lung Diseases.
Inhalational exposures are increasingly recognized as contributing factors in interstitial lung disease […]
- Comparative Effectiveness of Heart Rate Control Medications for the Treatment of Sepsis-Associated Atrial Fibrillation.
Atrial fibrillation (AF) with rapid ventricular response frequently complicates the management of […]
- Immune checkpoint inhibitor-related pneumonitis in lung cancer: real-world incidence, risk factors, and management practices across six health care centers in North Carolina.
Immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICI) are standard treatments for advanced non-small cell lung […]
- Outcomes of inhaled amikacin-containing multidrug regimens for Mycobacterium abscessus pulmonary disease.
Mycobacterium abscessus-pulmonary disease (MABS-PD) is challenging to treat due to its resistance […]
- Progesterone in Addition to Standard of Care Versus Standard of Care Alone in the Treatment of Men Hospitalized with Moderate to Severe COVID-19: A Randomized, Controlled Pilot Trial.
Severity of illness in COVID-19 is consistently lower in women. Focus on […]
- Outcomes and Resource Use Associated with Acute Respiratory Failure in Safety Net Hospitals Across the United States.
Despite the frequency and cost of hospitalizations for acute respiratory failure, there […]
- Access to lung cancer screening in the Veterans Health Administration: Does geographic distribution match need in the population?
Studies show uneven access to Medicare-approved lung cancer screening (LCS) programs across […]
- Clinical characteristics associated with lung function decline in individuals with adult-diagnosed cystic fibrosis: Contemporary analysis of the Canadian CF Registry.
Individuals diagnosed with cystic fibrosis (CF) as adults represent a rare but […]
- Oxygen Therapy in Sleep Disordered Breathing.
Sleep disordered breathing (SDB) is highly prevalent in adults and leads to […]
- Medication adherence in patients with severe asthma prescribed oral corticosteroids in the U-BIOPRED cohort.
Whilst estimates of sub-optimal adherence to oral corticosteroids in asthma range from […]
- Methodological Quality of Guidelines for Training or Competence Processes for Basic Point of Care Echocardiography in Critical Care – A Systematic Review of the Literature.
The formulation of expert-opinion guidelines has several sources of bias that may […]
- Identification and Remediation of Environmental Exposures in Patients with Interstitial Lung Disease: Evidence Review and Practical Considerations.
A relationship between inhalational exposure to materials in the environment and development […]
- Neutrophil extracellular traps, disease severity, and antibiotic response in bronchiectasis: an international, observational, multicohort study.
Bronchiectasis is predominantly a neutrophilic inflammatory disease. There are no established therapies […]
- ST2 is a biomarker of pediatric pulmonary arterial hypertension severity and clinical worsening.
Pediatric pulmonary hypertension (PH) is a severe disease defined by sustained elevation […]
- Dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 shedding in the respiratory depends on the severity of disease in COVID-19 patients.
A fraction of COVID-19 patients progress to a severe disease manifestation with […]
- Pulmonary Arterial Pruning and Longitudinal Change in Percent Emphysema and Lung Function: the COPDGene Study.
Pulmonary endothelial damage has been shown to preceed the development of emphysema […]
- Patient factors and temporal trends associated with COVID-19 in-hospital mortality in England: an observational study using administrative data.
Analysis of the effect of COVID-19 on the complete hospital population in […]
- Association between lung function of school age children and short-term exposure to air pollution and pollen: the PARIS cohort.
Daily levels of ambient air pollution and pollen may affect lung function […]
- Comparing functional decline and distress from symptoms in people with thoracic life-limiting illnesses: lung cancers and non-malignant end-stage respiratory diseases.
Malignant and non-malignant respiratory diseases account for >4.6 million deaths annually worldwide. Despite […]
- Effect of public health interventions on COVID-19 cases: an observational study.
As the epidemic of COVID-19 is gradually controlled in China, a summary […]
- Multiple breath washout (MBW) testing using sulfur hexafluoride: reference values and influence of anthropometric parameters.
Multiple breath washout (MBW) using sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) has the potential to […]
- Role of the IL-33/ST2 axis in cigarette smoke-induced airways remodelling in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Efficient therapy and potential prophylaxis are confounded by current ignorance of the […]
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of anakinra, sarilumab, siltuximab and tocilizumab for COVID-19.
There is accumulating evidence for an overly activated immune response in severe […]
- Advanced Diagnostic and Therapeutic Bronchoscopy Technology and Reimbursement.
Advanced interventional pulmonary procedures of the airways, pleural space, and mediastinum continue […]
- How We Do It: Strategic Planning for the Chest Clinician.
Having a strategic plan is important to reach organizational goals. Equally important […]
- Long-term air pollution exposure under EU limits and adolescents’ lung function: Modifying effect of abnormal weight in GINIplus/LISA birth cohorts.
Abnormal weights, e.g. Obesity, has shown strong modifying effect on the association […]
- Long-term safety and efficacy of tezacaftor-ivacaftor in individuals with cystic fibrosis aged 12 years or older who are homozygous or heterozygous for Phe508del CFTR (EXTEND): an open-label extension study.
Tezacaftor-ivacaftor is an approved cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) modulator shown […]
- Longitudinal effects of ivacaftor and medicine possession ratio in people with the Gly551Asp mutation: a 5-year study.
Ivacaftor was the first therapy licensed to address the underlying defect in […]
- Pulmonary hypertension in patients with chronic obstructive lung disease: results from COMPERA.
Pulmonary hypertension in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (PH-COPD) is a poorly investigated […]
- Prediction of anti-tuberculosis treatment duration based on a 22-gene transcriptomic model.
The World Health Organization recommends standardised treatment durations for patients with tuberculosis. […]
- Respiratory exacerbations are associated with muscle loss in current and former smokers.
Muscle wasting is a recognised extra-pulmonary complication in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease […]
- Severe respiratory syncytial virus disease in preterm infants: a case of innate immaturity.
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is the most common viral pathogen associated with […]
- Simplified bedside assessment of pulmonary gas exchange in very preterm infants at 36 weeks’ postmenstrual age.
We aimed to develop and validate a prediction table for a simplified […]
- Combining pulmonary and cardiac computed tomography biomarkers for disease-specific risk modelling in lung cancer screening.
Combined assessment of cardiovascular disease (CVD), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and […]
- Can Simvastatin reduce COPD Exacerbations? A Randomised Double Blind Controlled Study.
Several studies have shown that statins have beneficial effects in chronic obstructive […]
- Diffusion Capacity Abnormalities for Carbon Monoxide in Patients with COVID-19 At Three-Month Follow-up.
To evaluate pulmonary function and clinical symptoms in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) […]
- Chest x-ray or CT for COVID-19 pneumonia? Comparative study in a simulated triage setting.
for the management of patients referred to respiratory triage during the early […]
- Expectation and dyspnea: The neurobiological basis of respiratory nocebo effects.
Cues such as odours that do not per se evoke bronchoconstriction can […]
- Clinical and Genetic Spectrum of Children with Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia in China.
Primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD) is a heterogeneous disease with a diverse clinical […]
- Early initiation of prophylactic anticoagulation for prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 mortality in patients admitted to hospital in the United States: cohort study.
To evaluate whether early initiation of prophylactic anticoagulation compared with no anticoagulation […]
- Insights from Invasive Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing of Patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) affects tens of millions worldwide; the causes […]
- Medium-term impact of COVID-19 on pulmonary function, functional capacity and quality of life.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has spread worldwide determining a dramatic impact on […]
- Lung function & cardiovascular disease. A Two Sample Mendelian Randomisation Study.
Observational studies suggest an association between reduced lung function and risk of […]