- Economic Evaluation Studies.
Economic evaluations, including cost-effectiveness analyses, are frameworks for decision-making. They help to […]
- Sample Size Estimation in Clinical Research: From Randomized Controlled Trials to Observational Studies.
Sample size determination is an essential step in planning a clinical study. […]
- Considerations for Reporting and Reviewing Studies Including Health-Related Quality of Life.
Self-reported measures of health-related quality of life (HRQOL) are increasingly used in […]
- A Practical Overview and Reporting Strategies for Statistical Analysis of Survival Studies.
Survival (time-to-event) analysis is commonly used in clinical research. Key features of […]
- Early Changes over Time in the Radiographic Assessment of Lung Edema (RALE) Score are Associated with Survival in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
The Radiographic Assessment of Lung Edema (RALE) score has been proposed to […]
- Epidemiological, comorbidity factors with severity and prognosis of COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
A systematic review and meta-analysis was conducted in an attempt to systematically […]
- Studies of Medical Tests: Design and Analytical Considerations.
Medical tests are procedures intended to detect, diagnose, characterize, or monitor a […]
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Confronts the Motivation Fallacy within Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs.
Social distancing and quarantines have been implemented worldwide to reduce the spread […]
- A Practical Overview of Case-Control Studies in Clinical Practice.
Case-control studies are one of the major observational study designs for performing […]
- Using Causal Diagrams to Improve the Design and Interpretation of Medical Research.
Causal directed acyclic graphs (cDAGs) have become popular tools for researchers to […]
- A Framework for the Evaluation of Statistical Prediction Models.
We have entered the era of “big data” and with that the […]
- Cohort Studies: Design, Analysis, and Reporting.
Cohort studies are types of observational studies in which a cohort, or […]
- Randomized Controlled Trials.
Randomized controlled trials (RCTs) are considered the highest level of evidence to […]
When a review is performed following predefined steps (ie, systematically) and its […]
- Statistical Analysis and Reporting Guidelines for CHEST.
Considerable heterogeneity persists in the conduct and reporting of statistical analyses in […]
- A Bioinformatics Crash Course for Interpreting Genomics Data.
Reductions in genotyping costs and improvements in computational power have made conducting […]
- Asthma prevalence in patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection detected by RT-PCR not requiring hospitalization.
The prevalence of asthma in patients hospitalized with SARS-CoV-2 has been studied […]
- Cross-Sectional Studies: Strengths, Weaknesses, and Recommendations.
Cross-sectional studies are observational studies that analyze data from a population at […]
- Once-daily, single-inhaler mometasone-indacaterol-glycopyrronium versus mometasone-indacaterol or twice-daily fluticasone-salmeterol in patients with inadequately controlled asthma (IRIDIUM): a randomised, double-blind, controlled phase 3 study.
Patients with asthma who are inadequately controlled on inhaled corticosteroid-long-acting β2-adrenoceptor agonist […]
- Once-daily mometasone plus indacaterol versus mometasone or twice-daily fluticasone plus salmeterol in patients with inadequately controlled asthma (PALLADIUM): a randomised, double-blind, triple-dummy, controlled phase 3 study.
Fixed-dose combinations (FDCs) of inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) and long-acting β2-adrenoceptor agonists (LABA) […]
- Can acute cough characteristics from sound recordings differentiate common respiratory illnesses in children? A comparative prospective study.
Acute respiratory illnesses cause substantial morbidity worldwide. Cough is a common symptom […]
- The Effect of Tumor Size and Histology on Outcomes Following Segmentectomy vs. Lobectomy for Clinically Node-negative Non-small Cell Lung Cancer.
The interaction between tumor size and the comparative prognosis of lobar and […]
- CHEST Reviews: Addressing reduced laboratory-based pulmonary function testing during a pandemic.
To reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2, many pulmonary function testing (PFT) laboratories […]
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and related phenotypes: polygenic risk scores in population-based and case-control cohorts.
Genetic factors influence chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) risk, but the individual […]
- Circulating tumour cells as a potential biomarker for lung cancer screening: a prospective cohort study.
Lung cancer screening with low-dose chest CT (LDCT) reduces the mortality of […]
- Methotrexate and rheumatoid arthritis associated interstitial lung disease.
Methotrexate (MTX) is a key anchor drug for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) management. […]
- Interstitial lung abnormalities detected incidentally on CT: a Position Paper from the Fleischner Society.
The term interstitial lung abnormalities refers to specific CT findings that are […]
- Air quality during the COVID-19: PM2.5 analysis in the 50 most polluted capital cities in the world.
On December 31, 2019, the Chinese authorities reported to the World Health […]
- The Associations of Interstitial Lung Abnormalities with Cancer Diagnoses and Mortality.
An increased incidence of lung cancer is well-known among patients with idiopathic […]
- COVID-19 and Headache Medicine: A Narrative Review of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID) and Corticosteroid Use.
To summarize the current literature on non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug and corticosteroid use […]
- Pathophysiology, Transmission, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): A Review.
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, due to the novel severe acute […]
- COVID-19-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome: is a different approach to management warranted?
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen a surge of patients with acute respiratory […]
- Clinical characteristics of COVID-19 infection in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a multicenter, retrospective, observational study.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has been a global pandemic disease, with more […]
- OpenSAFELY: factors associated with COVID-19 death in 17 million patients.
COVID-19 has rapidly affected mortality worldwide1. There is unprecedented urgency to understand […]
- Treatment of nontuberculous mycobacterial pulmonary disease: an official ATS/ERS/ESCMID/IDSA clinical practice guideline.
Nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) represent over 190 species and subspecies, some of which […]
- Impact of a multimodal telemonitoring intervention on CPAP adherence in symptomatic low-cardiovascular risk sleep apnea: a randomized controlled trial.
One of the major challenges in treating obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is […]
- Phase 1-2 Trial of Antisense Oligonucleotide Tofersen for SOD1 ALS.
Tofersen is an antisense oligonucleotide that mediates the degradation of superoxide dismutase […]
- Update on asthma prevalence in severe COVID-19 patients.
We carefully read the recently published research letter “Is asthma protective of […]
- Management of Allergic Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Asia.
Although a viral infection is a major triggering factor of asthma and […]
- Maintenance tobramycin primarily affects untargeted bacteria in the CF sputum microbiome.
The most common antibiotic used to treat people with cystic fibrosis (PWCF) […]
- Incidence and clinical profiles of COVID-19 pneumonia in pregnant women: A single-centre cohort study from Spain.
Information regarding the incidence and characteristics of COVID-19 pneumonia amongst pregnant women […]
- EmPHasis-10 health-related quality of life score predicts outcomes in patients with idiopathic and connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension: results from a UK multi-centre study.
Health-related quality of life (HRQoL) scores assess symptom burden in pulmonary arterial […]
- Incidence, risk factors, and effects on outcome of ventilator-associated pneumonia in patients with traumatic brain injury. Analysis of a large, multicenter, prospective, observational longitudinal study.
No large prospective data are available on ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) in patients […]
- The assessment of short and long term changes in lung function in CF using 129Xe MRI.
129Xe ventilation MRI is sensitive to detect early CF lung disease and […]
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): A systematic review and meta-analysis to evaluate the impact of various comorbidities on serious events.
Currently there is limited knowledge on medical comorbidities and COVID-19; we conducted […]
- Maintenance inhaler therapy preferences of patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a discrete choice experiment.
A variety of maintenance inhaler therapies are available to treat asthma and […]
- Cross-sectional and longitudinal associations between urinary zinc and lung function among urban adults in China.
Exposure to zinc was suggested to be associated with pulmonary damage, but […]
- Analysis of lung cancer risk model (PLCOM2012 and LLPv2) performance in a community-based lung cancer screening programme.
Low-dose CT (LDCT) screening of high-risk smokers reduces lung cancer (LC) specific […]
- Molecular mechanisms and epidemiology of COVID-19 from an allergist’s perspective.
The global pandemic caused by the newly described severe acute respiratory syndrome […]
- Tools to promote shared decision making in lung cancer screening using low-dose computerized tomography: a systematic review.
Decisions about lung cancer screening are inherently complex and create a need […]
- Mixed Venous Oxygen Saturation is a Better Prognosticator than Cardiac Index in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
European Society of Cardiology and European Respiratory Society (ESC/ERS) guidelines include thermodilution […]
- Effect of antiviral therapy on the outcome of mechanically ventilated patients with herpes simplex virus type 1 in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid: a retrospective cohort study.
Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) is frequently detected in the bronchoalveolar […]
- Association between nocturnal hypoxemia and cancer incidence in patients investigated for obstructive sleep apnea. Data from a large multicenter French cohort.
Previous studies have yielded inconsistent findings regarding the association between obstructive sleep […]
- Standardized Management for Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure and ARDS: Systematic Review & Meta-analysis.
Treatment of hypoxemic respiratory failure (HRF) and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) […]
- Nonoperating room anesthesia for patients with serious comorbidities.
To provide aids to deal with increasing amount of several comorbidities in […]
- Airway clearance techniques in bronchiectasis: Analysis from the United States Bronchiectasis and NTM Research Registry.
In patients with bronchiectasis, airway clearance techniques (ACTs) are important management strategies.The […]
- Clinical and Genetic Spectrum of Children with Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia in China.
Primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD) is a heterogeneous disease with a diverse clinical […]
- BAL inflammatory markers can predict pulmonary exacerbations in children with cystic fibrosis.
Pulmonary exacerbations in cystic fibrosis are characterized by airway inflammation and may […]
- Development of Learning Curves for Bronchoscopy Results of a Multicentre Study of Pulmonary Trainees.
There are currently no reference standards for the development of competency in […]
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with primary Sjogren’s syndrome: a multi-centre cohort study from China.
Primary Sjogren’s syndrome (pSS) is an important cause of pulmonary arterial hypertension […]