- Prevention and Attenuation of Covid-19 with the BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273 Vaccines.
Information is limited regarding the effectiveness of the two-dose messenger RNA (mRNA) […]
- Baseline FeNO as a prognostic biomarker for subsequent severe asthma exacerbations in patients with uncontrolled, moderate-to-severe asthma receiving placebo in the LIBERTY ASTHMA QUEST study: a post-hoc analysis.
Fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) has potential as a prognostic biomarker in […]
- SICQ coping and the health-related quality of life and recovery of critically ill ICU patients: A prospective cohort study.
The coping styles of the Sickness Insight in Coping Questionnaire (SICQ; positivism, […]
- Knowledge and Practice Patterns Among Pulmonologists for Molecular Biomarker Testing in Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
Targeted therapies for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with oncogenic drivers […]
- The Utility of the Rapid Shallow Breathing Index in Predicting Successful Extubation: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Clinicians use several measures to ascertain whether individual patients will tolerate liberation […]
- Severe Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension is Characterized by Increased Neutrophil Elastase and Relative Elafin Deficiency.
Preclinical evidence implicates neutrophil elastase (NE) in PAH pathogenesis, and the NE […]
- Associations of genetic risk and smoking with incident chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Genetic and smoking contribute to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), but whether […]
- Prognostic factors for adverse outcomes in patients with COVID-19: a field-wide systematic review and meta-analysis.
The individual prognostic factors for COVID-19 are unclear. For this reason, we […]
- Bronchoscopic needle-based confocal laser endomicroscopy (nCLE) as a real-time detection tool for peripheral lung cancer.
Diagnosing peripheral lung cancer with the bronchoscope is challenging with near miss […]
- Lung microbiota predict invasive pulmonary aspergillosis and its outcome in immunocompromised patients.
Recent studies have revealed that the lung microbiota of critically ill patients […]
- Genetically increased circulating FUT3 level leads to reduced risk of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: a Mendelian Randomisation Study.
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a progressive, fatal fibrotic interstitial lung disease. […]
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency: clarifying the role of the putative protective threshold.
AATD is the only readily identifiable monogenic cause of COPD. To date […]
- Treatment of cystic fibrosis airway cells with CFTR modulators reverses aberrant mucus properties via hydration.
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is characterised by the accumulation of viscous, adherent mucus […]
- Blood eosinophil counts in the general population and airways disease: a comprehensive review and meta-analysis.
The clinical context for using blood eosinophil (EOS) counts as treatment-response biomarkers […]
- Blood RNA sequencing shows overlapping gene expression across COPD phenotype domains.
COPD can be assessed using multidimensional grading systems with components from three […]
- How we do it: Managing cough in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
In many studies, more than half of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis […]
- Achieving Safe Liberation During Weaning from VV-ECMO in Patients with Severe ARDS: The role of Tidal Volume and Inspiratory Effort.
Weaning from venovenous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (VV-ECMO) is not well studied. VV-ECMO […]
- Safety and Feasibility of a Protocolized Daily Assessment of Readiness for Liberation from Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation.
Decannulation from venovenous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (VV-ECMO) at the earliest and safest […]
- Once-daily savolitinib in Chinese patients with pulmonary sarcomatoid carcinomas and other non-small-cell lung cancers harbouring MET exon 14 skipping alterations: a multicentre, single-arm, open-label, phase 2 study.
Savolitinib is a selective MET tyrosine-kinase inhibitor. We investigated the activity and […]
- Association of heated tobacco product use with tobacco use cessation in a Japanese workplace: a prospective study.
We investigated how use of heated tobacco products (HTPs) affects tobacco cessation […]
- Neonates with Tracheomalacia Generate Auto-PEEP via Glottis Closure.
In pediatrics, tracheomalacia is an airway condition that causes tracheal lumen collapse […]
- Impact of chronic use of heat-not-burn cigarettes on oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction and platelet activation: the SUR-VAPES Chronic Study.
Tobacco habit still represents the leading preventable cause of morbidity and mortality […]
- Impact of lung function on cardiovascular diseases and cardiovascular risk factors: a two sample bidirectional Mendelian randomisation study.
Observational studies suggested lung function is inversely associated with cardiovascular disease (CVD) […]
- Multimorbidity and its relationship with long-term outcomes following critical care discharge: a prospective cohort study.
Survivors of critical illness have poor long-term outcomes with subsequent increases in […]
- Postoperative continuous positive airway pressure to prevent pneumonia, re-intubation, and death after major abdominal surgery (PRISM): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.
Respiratory complications are an important cause of postoperative morbidity. We aimed to […]
- Pulmonary Thrombosis and Thromboembolism in COVID-19.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the disease responsible for the devastating pandemic that […]
- Imatinib in patients with severe COVID-19: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical trial.
The major complication of COVID-19 is hypoxaemic respiratory failure from capillary leak […]
- Pulmonary Complications in Cystic Fibrosis: past, present and future.
Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is an autosomal recessive genetic condition with multi-systemic disease […]
- Early tracheostomy for managing ICU capacity during the COVID-19 outbreak: a propensity-matched cohort study.
During the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, shortages of ventilators and […]
- Combining clinical, radiological and genetic approaches to pneumothorax management.
Familial spontaneous pneumothorax (FSP) accounts for 10% of primary spontaneous pneumothoraces. Appropriate […]
- Effects of tobacco smoking on recurrent hospitalisation with pneumonia: a population-based cohort study.
The incidence of and risk factors for recurrent hospitalisation for pneumonia were […]
- Performance of Xpert MTB/RIF Ultra for tuberculosis diagnosis in the context of passive and active case finding.
We present a field evaluation of the diagnostic accuracy of Xpert MTB/RIF […]
- Rapid, simplified whole blood-based multiparameter assay to quantify and phenotype SARS-CoV-2 specific T cells.
Rapid tests to evaluate SARS-CoV-2-specific T cell responses are urgently needed to […]
- The impact of the high emergency lung transplantation program in cystic fibrosis in France: insight from a comparison with Canada.
France implemented a high emergency lung transplantation (HELT) program nationally in 2007. […]
- All-oral longer regimens are effective for the management of multidrug resistant tuberculosis in high burden settings.
Recent World Health Organisation guidance on drug-resistant tuberculosis treatment de-prioritised injectable agents, […]
- Tuberculosis diagnostic accuracy of stool Xpert MTB/RIF and urine AlereLAM in vulnerable children.
Non-sputum based diagnostic approaches are crucial in children at high risk of […]
- A contemporary practical approach to the multidisciplinary management of unclassifiable interstitial lung disease.
Fibrotic interstitial lung diseases (ILDs) frequently have nonspecific and overlapping clinical and […]
- Characterisation of Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertensive Vascular Disease from the PPHNet Registry.
There are limited data about the range of diseases, natural history, age-appropriate […]
- ERS clinical practice guidelines on treatment of sarcoidosis.
The major reasons to treat sarcoidosis are to lower the morbidity and […]
- FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH NON-RECEIPT OF RECOMMENDED CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE (COPD) MEDICATIONS: A POPULATION STUDY.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) medications reduce exacerbations and improve quality of […]
- Practice, Outcomes and Complications of Emergent Endotracheal Intubation By Critical Care Practitioners During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
For patients with novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) who undergo emergency endotracheal intubation, […]
- Treatment of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children.
Evidence is urgently needed to support treatment decisions for children with multisystem […]
- Baseline Frailty as a Predictor of Survival after Critical Care: a Retrospective Cohort Study of Older Adults Receiving Home Care in Ontario, Canada.
The extent by which the degree of baseline frailty, as measured using […]
- Breathlessness across generations: results from the RHINESSA generation study.
Breathlessness is a major cause of suffering and disability globally. The symptom […]
- Diffuse cystic lung disease in sickle cell anaemia: a series of 22 cases and a case-control study.
Chronic interstitial lung abnormalities have been described in sickle cell disease (SCD) […]
- Bronchoscopy teaching without a gold standard: attending pulmonologists’ assessment of learners, supervisory styles, and variation in practice.
Despite the growing role of simulation in procedural teaching, bronchoscopy training is […]
- Discontinuation versus continuation of renin-angiotensin-system inhibitors in COVID-19 (ACEI-COVID): a prospective, parallel group, randomised, controlled, open-label trial.
SARS-CoV-2 entry in human cells depends on angiotensin-converting enzyme 2, which can […]
- A Prediction Model to Optimize Invasive Mediastinal Staging Procedures for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer in Patients with a Radiologically Normal Mediastinum: the Quebec Prediction Model.
Current guidelines recommended criteria for invasive mediastinal staging in patients with a […]
- The association between pleural fluid exposure and survival in pleural mesothelioma.
Most patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) present with malignant pleural effusion […]
- Prediction of Brain Death After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Development and Validation of the Brain Death After Cardiac Arrest Score.
Among patients successfully resuscitated after an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA), 10% to 15% evolve […]
- Six-month and 12-month patient outcomes based on inflammatory subphenotypes in sepsis-associated ARDS: secondary analysis of SAILS-ALTOS trial.
Prior acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) trials have identified hypoinflammatory and hyperinflammatory […]
- R-Scale for Pulmonary Fibrosis (PF): a simple, visual tool for the assessment of health-related quality of life.
Patients with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) experience impaired health related quality of […]
- Sarcoidosis: An Occupational Disease?
Sarcoidosis is an important member of the family of granulomatous lung diseases. […]
- Pulmonary Vein Thrombosis in COVID-19.
Research on COVID-19, the cause of a rapidly worsening pandemic, has led […]
- How We Do It: How We Prevent and Treat Delirium in the ICU.
Delirium is a serious and complex problem facing critically ill patients, their […]
- Pleural Pressure Targeted Positive Airway Pressure Improves Cardiopulmonary Function in Spontaneously Breathing Patients With Obesity.
Increased pleural pressure affects the mechanics of breathing of people with class […]
- Azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine in hospitalised patients with confirmed COVID-19-a randomised double-blinded placebo-controlled trial.
Combining the antibiotic azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine induces airway immunomodulatory effects, with the […]
- The hidden history of hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP) is a relatively new construct, first reported in the […]
- Transcriptomics of bronchoalveolar lavage cells identifies new molecular endotypes of sarcoidosis.
Sarcoidosis is a multisystem granulomatous disease of unknown origin with a variable […]
- Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulator: A Novel Treatment Approach for Obstructive Sleep Apnea Overview of Treatment, Including Diagnostic and Patient Criteria, Procedural Terminology Codes.
Unilateral stimulation of the hypoglossal nerve may result in clinically valuable patency […]