- Sublingual Buprenorphine-Naloxone Compared With Injection Naltrexone for Opioid Use Disorder: Potential Utility of Patient Characteristics in Guiding Choice of Treatment.
Sublingual buprenorphine-naloxone and extended-release injection naltrexone are effective treatments, with distinct mechanisms, […]
- Disrupted Dorsal Mid-Insula Activation During Interoception Across Psychiatric Disorders.
Maintenance of bodily homeostasis relies on interoceptive mechanisms in the brain to […]
- Genetic, Clinical, and Sociodemographic Factors Associated With Stimulant Treatment Outcomes in ADHD.
Stimulant medications are effective for treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), yet […]
- Time Course of Relapse Following Acute Treatment for Anorexia Nervosa.
There is long-standing interest in how best to define stages of illness […]
- Impact of Comorbid Personality Disorders on Depression Treatment in Routine Outpatient Care.
The impact of personality disorder on treatment effectiveness for depression has been […]
- Interpersonal Counseling for College Students: Pilot Feasibility and Acceptability Study.
University counseling centers struggle to meet the growing demand for mental health […]
- Group Psychotherapy as a Specialty: An Inconvenient Truth.
Group psychology and group psychotherapy (GPGP) are distinctive, effective practices that meet […]
- The epidemiology of psychiatric disorders in Africa: a scoping review.
This scoping review of population-based epidemiological studies was done to provide background […]
- Delirium and long term cognition in critically ill patients.
Delirium, a form of acute brain dysfunction, is very common in the […]
- Development and external validation of the Psychosis Metabolic Risk Calculator (PsyMetRiC): a cardiometabolic risk prediction algorithm for young people with psychosis.
Young people with psychosis are at high risk of developing cardiometabolic disorders; […]
- The need to show minimum clinically important differences in Alzheimer’s disease trials.
Deciding on the smallest change in an outcome that constitutes a clinically […]
- A Longitudinal Study of Resting-State Connectivity and Response to Psychostimulant Treatment in ADHD.
Psychostimulants are first-line pharmacological treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), although […]
- Forced Gazing: A Stimulus-bound Behavior.
We studied four patients with acquired brain injury who were compelled to […]
- Increasing the Clinical Utility of the Paced Auditory Serial Addition Test: Normative Data for Standard, Dyad, and Cognitive Fatigability Scoring.
No normative data currently exist that would allow clinicians to decide whether […]
- Personality in Autism Spectrum Disorder: Associations With Face Memory Deficit and Theory of Mind.
To examine the personality profiles of adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) […]
- An Exploratory Study of Cerebellar Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation in Individuals With Chronic Stroke Aphasia.
Aphasia is a common, debilitating consequence of stroke, and speech therapy is […]
- Aphasia Induced by Infratentorial Ischemic Stroke: Two Case Reports.
Aphasia induced by an infratentorial stroke has rarely been reported, and its […]
- Cognitive-motor Interference in Individuals With a Neurologic Disorder: A Systematic Review of Neural Correlates.
Performing a cognitive task and a motor task simultaneously is an everyday […]
- Complementary Phenomena: Phantom Hand and Phantom Face.
After tissue or limb loss, the development of sensation and perception of […]
- Counseling and Behavioral Interventions for Healthy Weight and Weight Gain in Pregnancy: Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Task Force.
Counseling and active behavioral interventions to limit excess gestational weight gain (GWG) […]
- Behavioral Counseling Interventions for Healthy Weight and Weight Gain in Pregnancy: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.
The prevalence of overweight and obesity is increasing among persons of childbearing […]
- Intentional Call to Action: Mindfully Discussing Race in Group Psychotherapy.
Although race is an integral identity of all members in a psychotherapy […]
- Patient Choice in Depression Psychotherapy: Outcomes of Patient-Preferred Therapy Versus Randomly Allocated Therapy.
Patient choice is recognized as a factor that influences clinical outcomes and […]
- Reasons for endorsing or rejecting self-binding directives in bipolar disorder: a qualitative study of survey responses from UK service users.
Self-binding directives instruct clinicians to overrule treatment refusal during future severe episodes […]
- Standard versus reduced dose of antipsychotics for relapse prevention in multi-episode schizophrenia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.
Dose reduction of antipsychotic maintenance treatment in individuals with schizophrenia could be […]
- Person-centred experiential therapy versus cognitive behavioural therapy delivered in the English Improving Access to Psychological Therapies service for the treatment of moderate or severe depression (PRaCTICED): a pragmatic, randomised, non-inferiority trial.
The UK Government’s implementation in 2008 of the Improving Access to Psychological […]
- Associations between significant head injury and persisting disability and violent crime in women in prison in Scotland, UK: a cross-sectional study.
The prevalence of head injury is estimated to be as high as […]
- COVID-19 and the Blitz compared: mental health outcomes in the UK.
The Blitz narrative of resilience stands in contrast to the mental health […]
- Elevated C-Reactive Protein in Patients With Depression, Independent of Genetic, Health, and Psychosocial Factors: Results From the UK Biobank.
The authors investigated the pathways (genetic, environmental, lifestyle, medical) leading to inflammation […]
- Item-Level Genome-Wide Association Study of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test in Three Population-Based Cohorts.
Genome-wide association studies (GWASs) of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT), […]
- Anticholinergic Medication Burden-Associated Cognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia.
Many psychotropic medications used to treat schizophrenia have significant anticholinergic properties, which […]
- Effect of a Digital Intervention on Depressive Symptoms in Patients With Comorbid Hypertension or Diabetes in Brazil and Peru: Two Randomized Clinical Trials.
Depression is a leading contributor to disease burden globally. Digital mental health […]
- Effect of an Internet-Delivered Stepped-Care Program vs In-Person Cognitive Behavioral Therapy on Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Symptoms in Children and Adolescents: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
In most countries, young people with obsessive-compulsive disorder have limited access to […]
- Accuracy of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale Depression subscale (HADS-D) to screen for major depression: systematic review and individual participant data meta-analysis.
To evaluate the accuracy of the depression subscale of the Hospital Anxiety […]
- Mental health responses to the COVID-19 pandemic: a latent class trajectory analysis using longitudinal UK data.
The mental health of the UK population declined at the onset of […]
- Suicide and self-harm in adult survivors of critical illness: population based cohort study.
To analyse the association between survival from critical illness and suicide or […]
- Dismantling, optimising, and personalising internet cognitive behavioural therapy for depression: a systematic review and component network meta-analysis using individual participant data.
Internet cognitive behavioural therapy (iCBT) is a viable delivery format of CBT […]
- α2-Adrenergic Agonists or Stimulants for Preschool-Age Children With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is diagnosed in approximately 2.4% of preschool-age children. Stimulants […]
- From Womb to Neighborhood: A Racial Analysis of Social Determinants of Psychosis in the United States.
The authors examine U.S.-based evidence that connects characteristics of the social environment […]
- Hearing Voices and Seeing Things: Symptoms of Anxiety Misconstrued as Evidence of Schizophrenia in an Adolescent.
A patient’s complaint of “hearing voices” or “seeing things” or of similar […]
- Improving Access to Psychotherapy: Implications of Wit Versus United Behavioral Health.
This column summarizes the verdict in the federal class action known as […]
- Objective and Subjective Perspectives on Implementation of a Violence Risk Screening Program in an Emergency Department.
The objective of this study was to use quantitative and qualitative data […]
- Reasons for Participation and Nonparticipation in Psychological Relapse Prevention for Anxiety and Depression: A Qualitative Study.
Anxiety and depressive disorders frequently recur, but participation in effective psychological interventions […]
- Sexually Predatory Behavior in an Adolescent Female.
This report describes a rare case of an adolescent female with a […]
- The Interface of COVID-19 and Inpatient Psychiatry: Our Experience and Lessons Learned.
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic presented unprecedented challenges to the provision […]
- Therapeutic Risk Management for Violence: Chain Analysis of Other-directed Violent Ideation and Behavior.
Violence risk assessment is a requisite component of mental health treatment. Adhering […]
- Charting and Handling Genetic Test Results: How They Differ From Most Laboratory Results.
Genetic tests, unlike most other laboratory tests, are trait rather than state […]
- Commentary: Diagnostic Challenges in Evaluating Adolescents.
Three cases presented in this issue highlight diagnostic challenges in evaluating adolescents, […]
- Cotard Syndrome in an Adolescent With a First Episode of Psychosis.
This case report describes a unique presentation of Cotard syndrome in an […]
- Crisis Intervention Psychotherapy in the Age of COVID-19.
Crisis intervention psychotherapy (CIP) is an underutilized form of therapy that can […]
- Feasibility of a Manualized Mindful Yoga Intervention for Patients With Chronic Mood Disorders.
Chronic mood disorders pose an important mental health problem. Individuals with these […]
- Neurodevelopmental outcomes at age 5 among children born preterm: EPIPAGE-2 cohort study.
To describe neurodevelopment at age 5 among children born preterm.Population based cohort […]
- The role of epigenetics in psychological resilience.
There is substantial variation in people’s responses to adversity, with a considerable […]
- Association Between Age at Diabetes Onset and Subsequent Risk of Dementia.
Trends in type 2 diabetes show an increase in prevalence along with […]
- Functional Connectome Prediction of Anxiety Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Increased anxiety in response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been widely noted. […]
- Modification of Heritability for Educational Attainment and Fluid Intelligence by Socioeconomic Deprivation in the UK Biobank.
Socioeconomic factors have been suggested to influence the effect of education- and […]
- Neonatal Brain Response to Deviant Auditory Stimuli and Relation to Maternal Trait Anxiety.
Excessive response to unexpected or “deviant” stimuli during infancy and early childhood […]
- Sustained Effect of a Brief Video in Reducing Public Stigma Toward Individuals With Psychosis: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Young Adults.
Public stigma is a barrier to care and increases the duration of […]
- The Risk of Overdose With Concomitant Use of Z-Drugs and Prescription Opioids: A Population-Based Cohort Study.
The Z-drugs (zolpidem, zopiclone, zaleplon) are widely used to treat insomnia in […]
- Variable Emergence of Autism Spectrum Disorder Symptoms From Childhood to Early Adulthood.
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is currently considered an early-onset neurodevelopmental condition. Follow-up […]