- [123I]Iomazenil SPECT Detects a Reversible Lesion of the Left Medial Temporal Lobe in a Case of Global Autobiographical Amnesia.
Global autobiographical amnesia is a rare disorder that is characterized by a […]
- Interference Resolution in Nonfluent Variant Primary Progressive Aphasia: Evidence From a Picture-Word Interference Task.
Picture-word interference tasks have been used to investigate (a) the time course […]
- Multimodal Neurophysiological and Neuroimaging Evidence of Genetic Influence on Motor Control: A Case Report of Monozygotic Twins.
Considering genetic influence on brain structure and function, including motor control, we […]
- Neuropsychological Assessment Should Always be Considered in Myotonic Dystrophy Type 2.
Myotonic dystrophies (DMs) are hereditary, multisystem, slowly progressive myopathies. One of the […]
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Subsequent to Apparent Mild Traumatic Brain Injury.
Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is prevalent among veterans with a history of […]
- The COVID-19 pandemic should be last orders for poor care of people with neurodevelopmental disorders.
We explore whether the needs of individuals with neurodevelopment disorders have been […]
- Verbal Adynamia and Conceptualization in Partial Rhombencephalosynapsis and Corpus Callosum Dysgenesis.
Verbal adynamia is characterized by markedly reduced spontaneous speech that is not […]
- Visual Hallucinations in a Patient With Moyamoya Disease: A Review and Case Report.
Moyamoya disease (MMD) is characterized by the progressive development of stenosis in […]
- The World Health Organization’s QualityRights materials for training, guidance and transformation: preventing coercion but marginalising psychiatry.
The World Health Organization has developed training material to support its QualityRights […]
- COVID-19 mental health impact and responses in low-income and middle-income countries: reimagining global mental health.
Most of the global population live in low-income and middle-income countries (LMICs), […]
- Effect of reductions in amyloid levels on cognitive change in randomized trials: instrumental variable meta-analysis.
To evaluate trials of drugs that target amyloid to determine whether reductions […]
- Neural effects of antidepressant medication and psychological treatments: a quantitative synthesis across three meta-analyses.
Influential theories predict that antidepressant medication and psychological therapies evoke distinct neural […]
- [COVID-19 Pandemic and Psychiatry – How much have the Interests of People with Psychiatric Disorders been Considered in German Laws?]
Official regulations during the first COVID-19 lockdown in Germany were analyzed concerning […]
- Effect of Layperson-Delivered, Empathy-Focused Program of Telephone Calls on Loneliness, Depression, and Anxiety Among Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Loneliness is a risk factor for many clinical conditions, but there are […]
- Efficacy and safety of the novel glycine transporter inhibitor BI 425809 once daily in patients with schizophrenia: a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled phase 2 study.
Cognitive impairment associated with schizophrenia predicts poor functional outcomes, but currently no […]
- Comparative efficacy and acceptability of psychological interventions for the treatment of adult outpatients with anorexia nervosa: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.
No consistent first-option psychological interventions for adult outpatients with anorexia nervosa emerges […]
- Improving Suicide Prevention Through Evidence-Based Strategies: A Systematic Review.
The authors sought to identify scalable evidence-based suicide prevention strategies.A search of […]
- Maintenance Treatment With Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics for People With Nonaffective Psychoses: A Network Meta-Analysis.
This study compared relapse prevention and acceptability of long-acting injectable (LAI) antipsychotics […]
- Contribution of birth weight to mental health, cognitive and socioeconomic outcomes: two-sample Mendelian randomisation.
Low birth weight is associated with adult mental health, cognitive and socioeconomic […]
- How leisure activities affect health: a narrative review and multi-level theoretical framework of mechanisms of action.
There is a large and growing body of evidence on the health […]
- Predictors of persistence of anxiety disorders across the lifespan: a systematic review.
Despite the substantial disease burden of anxiety disorders, physicians have a poor […]
- Clinical efficacy of a Decision Support Tool (Link-me) to guide intensity of mental health care in primary practice: a pragmatic stratified randomised controlled trial.
The volume and heterogeneity of mental health problems that primary care patients […]
- Posture, Gait, Quality of Life, and Hearing with a Vestibular Implant.
Bilateral vestibular hypofunction is associated with chronic disequilibrium, postural instability, and unsteady […]
- A parent-sibling dyadic interview to explore how an individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder can impact family dynamics.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a life-long condition which affects the individual […]
- When Coleaders Differ: Rupture and Repair in Group Psychotherapy.
The nature and quality of coleader relationships in group psychotherapy have been […]
- Integrating youth mental health into cash transfer programmes in response to the COVID-19 crisis in low-income and middle-income countries.
Social protection measures can play an important part in securing livelihoods and […]
- COVID-19 vaccination for people with severe mental illness: why, what, and how?
Psychiatric disorders, and especially severe mental illness, are associated with an increased […]
- The role of psychiatry in championing positive life outcomes for children and adults with neurodevelopmental disorders and their families.
Children and adults with neurodevelopmental disorders make up an estimated 10% of […]
- Psychiatry and neurodevelopmental disorders: experts by experience, clinical care and research.
People with neurodevelopmental disorders often present with challenging behaviours and psychiatric illnesses. […]
- Autistic traits and mental health in women with the fragile-X premutation: maternal status versus genetic risk.
Research on women with the fragile-X premutation (FX-p) has been underrepresented within […]
- Antipsychotic and antidepressant prescribing for 704 297 children and young people with and without intellectual disabilities: record linkage study.
Psychotropics are overprescribed for adults with intellectual disabilities; there are few studies […]
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms associated with cerebral small vessel disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Cerebral small vessel disease, a common cause of vascular dementia, is often […]
- Effectiveness of exercise-based interventions in reducing depressive symptoms in people without clinical depression: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.
In most trials and systematic reviews that evaluate exercise-based interventions in reducing […]
- Terrified of Group Therapy: Investigating Obstacles to Entering or Leading Groups.
Despite substantial evidence that group therapy is effective, many individuals are reluctant […]
- Effect of Behavioral Therapy With In-Clinic or Telephone Group Visits vs In-Clinic Individual Visits on Weight Loss Among Patients With Obesity in Rural Clinical Practice: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Rural populations have a higher prevalence of obesity and poor access to […]
- Bupropion and Naltrexone in Methamphetamine Use Disorder.
The use of naltrexone plus bupropion to treat methamphetamine use disorder has […]
- Delusions beyond beliefs: a critical overview of diagnostic, aetiological, and therapeutic schizophrenia research from a clinical-phenomenological perspective.
Delusions are commonly conceived as false beliefs that are held with certainty […]
- The Importance of Conduct Disorder in the Treatment of Violence in Schizophrenia: Efficacy of Clozapine Compared With Olanzapine and Haloperidol.
Treatment of violence in schizophrenia remains a challenging problem, especially in patients […]
- The World Health Organization Risk Drinking Levels Measure of Alcohol Consumption: Prevalence and Health Correlates in Nationally Representative Surveys of U.S. Adults, 2001-2002 and 2012-2013.
Little is known about change over time in the prevalence of World […]
- Multimodal Neuroimaging of Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors in a U.S. Population-Based Sample of School-Age Children.
Suicide deaths and suicidal thoughts and behaviors are considered a public health […]
- CBT for Prolonged Grief in Children and Adolescents: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Prolonged grief disorder was newly included in ICD-11 and resembles persistent complex […]
- Association of Neural Reward Circuitry Function With Response to Psychotherapy in Youths With Anxiety Disorders.
Identifying neural correlates of response to psychological treatment may inform targets for […]
- Interventions for Tobacco Cessation in Adults, Including Pregnant Persons: Updated Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Task Force.
It has been estimated that in 2018 nearly 20% of adults in […]
- Interventions for Tobacco Smoking Cessation in Adults, Including Pregnant Persons: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.
Tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of disease, disability, and death […]
- Application of Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy (IPSRT) for Depression Associated With Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders.
People with schizophrenia spectrum disorders frequently experience depression, yet depressive symptoms are […]
- Clinicians’ Cognitive and Affective Biases and the Practice of Psychotherapy.
Cognitive and affective biases are essentially connected to heuristic shortcuts in thinking. […]
- Risk of miscarriage in women with psychiatric disorders.
Some psychiatric disorders have been associated with increased risk of miscarriage. However, […]
- Diagnostic promiscuity: the use of real-world data to study multimorbidity in mental health.
Mental health-related multimorbidity can be considered as multimorbidity in the presence of […]
- Multidisciplinary Management of a Frequent Attender With Pyrexia of Unknown Origin and Psychotic Symptoms.
This case report details the multidisciplinary management of a frequent attender in […]
- Switch to Hypomania After Discontinuation of Tamoxifen: A Case Report.
Tamoxifen is a synthetic, nonsteroidal antiestrogen widely used in the treatment of […]
- Facilitating Successful Reentry Among Justice-involved Veterans: The Role of Veteran and Offender Identity.
Reentry courts facilitate successful offender reintegration into the community following release from […]
- Working on the Frontlines From Home: Residents’ Experiences With Telepsychiatry During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic thrust health care professionals around the […]
- QTc, the Multitude of Ways It Is Calculated and Implications for Clinical Practice: A Case Example.
QTc stands for heart-rate corrected QT interval on the electrocardiogram and is […]
- Relationship Between Psychiatric Inpatient Beds and Jail Populations in the United States.
The US criminal justice system has witnessed dramatic increases in its mentally […]
- Autism Spectrum Disorder in Early Intervention in Psychosis Services: Implementation and Findings of a 3-step Screening and Diagnostic Protocol.
Evidence indicates that autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is underidentified in populations with […]
- The Role of Medical Comorbidity in the Rapid Psychiatric Readmission of Patients With Schizophrenia-spectrum Disorders.
Inpatient admissions are common for individuals with schizophrenia-spectrum disorders, and difficulty transitioning […]
- Factors for Maintaining Abstinence at 2 and 6 Months After Alcohol Withdrawal.
Relapse rates in subjects with an alcohol use disorder who have undergone […]
- Psychological distress, self-harm and attempted suicide in UK 17-year olds: prevalence and sociodemographic inequalities.
In a large (n = 10 103), nationally representative sample of 17-year-olds […]
- Obstetric near misses among women with serious mental illness: data linkage cohort study.
Investigating obstetric near misses (life-threatening obstetric complications) provides crucial information to prevent […]
- Incidence of neurodegenerative and cerebrovascular diseases associated with antihypertensive drug classes.
Antihypertensive drugs (AHTs) are associated with lowered risks of neurodegenerative diseases and […]