- Staff-pupil SARS-CoV-2 infection pathways in schools in Wales: a population-level linked data approach.
Better understanding of the role that children and school staff play in […]
- Management and early outcomes of children with appendicitis in the UK and Ireland during the COVID-19 pandemic: a survey of surgeons and observational study.
Acute appendicitis is the most common surgical condition in children. In the […]
- Impact of lockdown and school closure on children’s health and well-being during the first wave of COVID-19: a narrative review.
In the context of containment measures against the COVID-19 pandemic, the aims […]
- Initial impact of COVID-19 on paediatric spinal services in Scotland.
COVID-19 has affected many National Health Service Scotland services. Our aim is […]
- SARS-CoV-2 transmissions in students and teachers: seroprevalence follow-up study in a German secondary school in November and December 2020.
To quantify the number of undetected SARS-CoV-2 infections in educational settings.Serial SARS-CoV-2 […]
- A cross-sectional survey of parental perceptions of COVID-19 related hygiene measures within schools and adherence to social distancing in journeys to and from school.
During the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, schools in England were […]
- Impact of COVID-19 lockdown measures on institutional delivery, neonatal admissions and prematurity: a reflection from Lagos, Nigeria.
We assessed the effect of COVID-19 lockdown on deliveries and neonatal admissions […]
- Management of infants born to mothers with SARS-CoV2 infection: a prospective observational study.
To assess the clinical risk of mother-to-infant transmission of SARS-CoV2 and transmission […]
- Large decrease in paediatric hospitalisations during the COVID-19 outbreak in Japan.
We evaluated the nationwide trends in paediatric hospitalisations including non-emergency hospitalisations during […]
- Successful management plan of COVID-19 in a pediatric hemato-oncology department: a single-centre experience.
COVID-19 pandemic raised concern about management of patients with paediatric cancer. We […]
- Ethics of Implementing US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations for Childhood Obesity.
Childhood obesity represents a serious and growing concern for the United States. […]
- Reducing COVID-19 risk in schools: a qualitative examination of secondary school staff and family views and concerns in the South West of England.
To investigate student, parent/carer and secondary school staff attitudes towards school COVID-19 […]
- Paediatric prehospital emergencies and restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic: a population-based study.
Children are less vulnerable to serious forms of the COVID-19 disease. However, […]
- Neonatal Mastitis and Concurrent Serious Bacterial Infection.
Describe the clinical presentation, prevalence, and outcomes of concurrent serious bacterial infection […]
- Closing schools for SARS-CoV-2: a pragmatic rapid recommendation.
In Belgium, schools closed during the first lockdown in March 2020, with […]
- Cross-sectional study of paediatric case mix presenting to an emergency centre in Cape Town, South Africa, during COVID-19.
To describe and compare the effect of level 5 lockdown measures on […]
- Use of Propranolol in the Treatment of Chylous Effusions in Infants.
Chylothorax and chyloperitoneum are rare in infants and challenging to definitively diagnose […]
- Changing patterns of emergency paediatric presentations during the first wave of COVID-19: learning for the second wave from a UK tertiary emergency department.
The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic and initial public health response led to significant changes […]
- Impact of COVID-19 on the diagnosis, assessment and management of children with inflammatory bowel disease in the UK: implications for practice.
The assessment and management of patients with known, or suspected, paediatric inflammatory […]
- Childhood seizures after prenatal exposure to maternal influenza infection: a population-based cohort study from Norway, Australia and Canada.
To assess whether clinical and/or laboratory-confirmed diagnosis of maternal influenza during pregnancy […]
- Survey of young people in one region of the UK on accessing COVID-19 information (SOCIAL).
COVID-19 has significantly impacted young people’s lives yet little is known about […]
- Out-of-hospital deaths among children during COVID-19 pandemic: indicator of collateral damage?
We aimed to investigate the out-of-hospital mortality, and the actual prevalence of […]
- Scoping exercise to develop a storybook to support children’s education during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In June 2020, as COVID-19 lockdown measures were eased in the UK, […]
- Impact of COVID-19 on training: a single-centre survey of trainees.
To review the impact of COVID-19 on postgraduate paediatric training, a 10-question […]
- Paediatric inflammatory multisystem syndrome temporally associated with COVID-19 (PIMS-TS): a narrative review and the viewpoint of the Latin American Society of Pediatric Intensive Care (SLACIP) Sepsis Committee.
In this review, we discuss some important aspects of paediatric inflammatory multisystem […]
- Presentations to the emergency department in Bologna, Italy, during COVID-19 outbreak.
The Emilia Romagna (ER) region, Italy, in March 2020 has seen one […]
- Excretion of SARS-CoV-2 in breast milk: a single-centre observational study.
Breast feeding by SARS-CoV-2-infected mothers has been a concern because of the […]
- Predictors of serious bacterial infections using serum biomarkers in an infant population aged 0 to 90 days: a prospective cohort study.
Young febrile infants represent a vulnerable population at risk for serious bacterial […]
- Italian COVID-19 epidemic: effects on paediatric emergency attendance-a survey in the Emilia Romagna region.
To evaluate the effect of the COVID-19 epidemic on paediatric emergency department […]
- COVID-19 pandemic experiences of parents caring for children with oesophageal atresia/tracheo-oesophageal fistula.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a global health crisis of unparalleled […]
- Persistent clinical features in paediatric patients after SARS-CoV-2 virological recovery: a retrospective population-based cohort study from a single centre in Latvia.
The COVID-19 related state of emergency in Latvia was declared on 12 […]
- Clinical presentation of paediatric patients with COVID-19 admitted to a single paediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Iran.
To describe the clinical characteristics of paediatric patients admitted to a single […]
- Changes in children’s surgical services during the COVID-19 pandemic at a tertiary-level government hospital in a lower middle-income country.
The aim of this study was to quantify the changes that occurred […]
- Parental perceptions of the impact of neonatal unit visitation policies during COVID-19 pandemic.
To ascertain parental perceptions of the impact of restricted visiting policies to […]
- Understanding COVID-19: are children the key?
The devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on global health and economic […]
- Presentation of newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes in children and young people during COVID-19: a national UK survey.
In the UK, there have been reports of significant reductions in paediatric […]
- COVID-19-related disruptions to routine vaccination services in India: a survey of paediatric providers.
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to disruptions in essential health services globally. […]
- Infection and transmission of COVID-19 among students and teachers in schools in Japan after the reopening in June 2020.
We aimed to investigate the confirmed COVID-19 cases among students and teachers […]
- Pharmacokinetics and safety/tolerability of isoniazid, rifampicin and pyrazinamide in children and adolescents treated for tuberculous meningitis.
To assess the pharmacokinetics and safety/tolerability of isoniazid, rifampicin and pyrazinamide in […]
- MR-Proadrenomedullin as biomarker of renal damage in urinary tract infection in children.
Midregional-proadrenomedullin (MR-proADM) is a useful prognostic peptide in severe infectious pathologies in […]
- Prevalence of acute diarrhea and associated factors among children under five in semi-urban areas of northeastern Ethiopia.
Diarrheal disease is still one of the most common causes of mortality […]
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques, ADHD, and School Performance.
To examine the long-term impact of assisted reproductive techniques (ART) on offspring […]
- The role of early-onset-sepsis in the neurodevelopment of very low birth weight infants.
The study investigated a putative association between early-onset-sepsis (EOS) and poor neurodevelopmental […]
- Food addiction and mental health in adolescents: a systematic review.
The intersection between eating behaviours and mental health has garnered substantial attention […]
- Intubation Competence During Neonatal Fellowship Training.
To characterize neonatal-perinatal medicine fellows’ progression toward neonatal intubation procedural competence during […]
- Risk Factors and Outcomes After a Brief Resolved Unexplained Event: A Multicenter Study.
The accuracy of the risk criteria for brief resolved unexplained events (BRUEs) […]
- Delivering tertiary tuberculosis care virtually.
To assess the impact of a virtual multidisciplinary team (MDT) review panel […]
- First Time Wheezing in a 2-Year-Old.
Pediatric patients with respiratory signs and symptoms who are found to be […]
- Improving Isotonic Maintenance Intravenous Fluid Use in the Emergency Department.
Maintenance intravenous fluids (IVFs) are commonly used in the hospital setting. Hypotonic […]
- Shock Index in the early assessment of febrile children at the emergency.
(1) To derive reference values for the Shock Index (heart rate/systolic blood […]
- The Experience of Housing Needs Among Families Caring for Children With Medical Complexity.
Caregivers of children with medical complexity (CMC) face many stressors related to […]
- A National Mental Health Profile of Parents of Children With Medical Complexity.
The mental health of parents of children with medical complexity (CMC) is […]
- Sudden Death in the Young: Information for the Primary Care Provider.
There are multiple conditions that can make children prone to having a […]
- The Physical Health of Caregivers of Children With Life-Limiting Conditions: A Systematic Review.
Parental caregiving for a child with a life-limiting condition (LLC) is complex […]
- Transition to a Safe Home Sleep Environment for the NICU Patient.
Of the nearly 3.8 million infants born in the United States in […]
- Anxiety among Lebanese adolescents: scale validation and correlates.
The Lebanese population has undergone several conflicts and were the most afflicted […]
- Update and harmonisation of guidance for the management of diabetic ketoacidosis in children and young people in the UK.
Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is a life-threatening complication of type 1 diabetes mellitus. […]
- Comorbidities of deformational plagiocephaly in infancy: a scoping review protocol.
Deformational plagiocephaly (DP) is one of the most common cranial shape disorders […]
- Risk of Mycoplasma pneumoniae-related hepatitis in MP pneumonia pediatric patients: a predictive model construction and assessment.
A predictive model for risk of Mycoplasma pneumoniae (MP)-related hepatitis in MP […]
- Patent ductus arteriosus, systemic NT-proBNP concentrations and development of bronchopulmonary dysplasia in very preterm infants: retrospective data analysis from a randomized controlled trial.
Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) is a common complication in very preterm infants. […]