- Added value of an open narrative in verbal autopsies: a mixed-methods evaluation from Malawi.
The WHO standardised verbal autopsy (VA) instrument includes closed questions, ascertaining signs […]
- Involvement of community paediatricians in the care of children and young people with mental health difficulties in the UK: implications for case ascertainment by child and adolescent psychiatric, and paediatric surveillance systems.
To ascertain the extent to which community paediatricians are involved in the […]
- Quality improvement strategies to improve inpatient management of small and sick newborns across All Babies Count supported hospitals in rural Rwanda.
Neonatal mortality contributes to nearly half of child deaths globally and the […]
- Time series analysis of the relationship between diarrhea in children and Rota 2 vaccine in the Fanteakwa District of the eastern region of Ghana.
Rotavirus is considered the main causal factor of severe gastroenteritis among infants […]
- Bedside upper gastrointestinal series in the neonatal intensive care unit.
In neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) patients with intubation status, fluoroscopic evaluation […]
- Comparison of different detection methods for Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection in children with community-acquired pneumonia.
Due to the lack of a sensitive, specific and rapid detection method, […]
- Congenital Chylothorax and Hydrops Fetalis: A Novel Neonatal Presentation of RASA1 Mutation.
Mutations in the RASA1 gene are known to cause arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), […]
- Efficacy and Safety of Metformin for Obesity: A Systematic Review.
The efficacy and safety of metformin for obesity in children and adolescents […]
- Etiological and predictive factors of pediatric urticaria in an emergency context.
Urticaria is common in pediatric population and is caused by various etiologies […]
- Improving Parent-Child Interactions in Pediatric Health Care: A Two-Site Randomized Controlled Trial.
Heterogeneity in risk among low-income families suggests the need for tiered interventions […]
- Maternal Chronic Conditions and Risk of Cerebral Palsy in Offspring: A National Cohort Study.
Previous studies suggest that children of mothers with certain chronic conditions may […]
- Augmented Reality-Assisted Video Laryngoscopy and Simulated Neonatal Intubations: A Pilot Study.
For novice providers, achieving competency in neonatal intubation is becoming increasingly difficult, […]
- Can TEN4 distinguish bruises from abuse, inherited bleeding disorders or accidents?
Does TEN4 categorisation of bruises to the torso, ear or neck or […]
- Development of a Structured Regional Analgesia Program for Postoperative Pain Management.
We pursued the use of regional analgesia (RA) to minimize the use […]
- Global trends in adolescents’ road traffic injury mortality, 1990-2019.
The aim of this study was to determine the trends of road […]
- Hemolysis and Neurologic Impairment in PAMI Syndrome: Novel Characteristics of an Elusive Disease.
PSTPIP1-associated myeloid-related proteinemia inflammatory (PAMI) syndrome is a rare early-onset autoinflammatory disease […]
- Keeping young people connected during COVID-19: the role of online groups.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on young people, disrupting […]
- Oral feeding for infants and children receiving nasal continuous positive airway pressure and high flow nasal cannula: a systematic review.
The aim of this systematic review was to determine whether introduction of […]
- Preliminary evidence for an influence of exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on the composition of the gut microbiota and neurodevelopment in three-year-old healthy children.
During the second and third year after birth the gut microbiota (GM) […]
- Role of umbilical cord C-peptide levels in early prediction of hypoglycemia in infants of diabetic mothers.
Until now, diabetes during pregnancy has been associated with a high risk […]
- The diagnostic threshold of Cornell assessment of pediatric delirium in detection of postoperative delirium in pediatric surgical patients.
Cornell assessment of pediatric delirium (CAPD) showed advantage in diagnosis of pediatric […]
- Unexpected death in children with severe congenital heart defects in Norway 2004-2016.
Updated knowledge on the rates and causes of death among children with […]
- Attainment of smiling and walking in infancy associates with developmental delays at school entry in moderately-late preterm children: a community-based cohort study.
Moderately-late preterm (MLP) children (gestational age [GA] 32-36 weeks) are followed-up within community […]
- Childhood and Adolescent Bullying Perpetration and Later Substance Use: A Meta-analysis.
Previous meta-analyses substantially contributed to our understanding of increased drug use risk […]
- Immune function in childhood cancer survivors: a Children’s Oncology Group review.
Childhood cancer and its treatment often impact the haematopoietic and lymphatic systems, […]
- End-of-Life Childhood Cancer Research: A Systematic Review.
Children with incurable cancer may participate in research studies at the end […]
- Clinical characteristics, treatment and outcomes of paediatric COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Compare paediatric COVID-19 disease characteristics, management and outcomes according to World Bank […]
- Confidential Screening for Sex Trafficking Among Minors in a Pediatric Emergency Department.
Child sex trafficking is a global health problem, with a prevalence of […]
- Parents’ perspectives on conflict in paediatric healthcare: a scoping review.
Conflict in paediatric healthcare is becoming increasingly prevalent, in particular relation to […]
- Perspectives on Race and Medicine in the NICU.
Current data regarding racial and ethnic disparities in health outcomes of newborns […]
- Genetic variants and physical activity interact to affect bone density in Hispanic children.
Our aim was to investigate if moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA), […]
- Paediatric severe asthma biologics service: from hospital to home.
Children with severe asthma may be treated with biologic agents normally requiring […]
- Rapid component of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption of children of different weight status after playing active video games.
Excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC) of children could indicate the potential of […]
- Associations of Maternal Cardiovascular Health in Pregnancy With Offspring Cardiovascular Health in Early Adolescence.
Pregnancy may be a key window to optimize cardiovascular health (CVH) for […]
- Sleep-related difficulties in healthy children and adolescents.
As sleep-related difficulties are a growing public health concern, it is important […]
- Burden and consequence of birth defects in Nepal-evidence from prospective cohort study.
Every year an estimated 7.9 million babies are born with birth defect. […]
- Factors associated with diarrhoea and acute respiratory infection in children under-5 years old in Ghana: an analysis of a national cross-sectional survey.
Diarrhoea and acute respiratory infection (ARI) are major causes of morbidity and […]
- Lipid profile of Mexican children with Down syndrome.
Down syndrome (DS) is associated with various congenital anomalies and metabolic alterations, […]
- Prevalence and risk factors for cisplatin-induced hearing loss in children, adolescents, and young adults: a multi-institutional North American cohort study.
Cisplatin is used to treat a wide range of childhood cancers and […]
- Searching for the true attrition rate of UK paediatric trainees.
To quantitatively analyse the number of doctors leaving the paediatric specialty training […]
- Palliative Care Referrals in Cardiac Disease.
With evidence of benefits of pediatric palliative care (PPC) integration, we sought […]
- Severe Acute Neurologic Involvement in Children With Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome.
Acute severe neurologic involvement is the most threatening complication in children with […]
- Association between head circumference at two years and second and fifth year cognition.
Head circumference (HC) measurement is routinely not performed in early childhood and […]
- Association of screen time with parent-reported cognitive delay in preschool children of Kerala, India.
Screen use is increasing rapidly among preschool children and excess screen use […]
- Delayed Antibiotic Prescription for Children With Respiratory Infections: A Randomized Trial.
To assess the effectiveness and safety of delayed antibiotic prescription (DAP) compared […]
- Diagnosis of latent tuberculosis infection among pediatric household contacts of Iranian tuberculosis cases using tuberculin skin test, IFN- γ release assay and IFN-γ-induced protein-10.
Although the World Health Organization has recommended the diagnosis and prophylactic treatment of […]
- How to do no harm: empowering local leaders to make care safer in low-resource settings.
In a companion paper, we showed how local hospital leaders could assess […]
- Nonresection management of the pancreas for grade III and IV blunt pancreatic injuries in children: a single center’s experience.
The treatment of high-grade (III/IV/V) blunt pancreatic injuries remains controversial. The study […]
- Real-time continuous glucose monitoring in preterm infants (REACT): an international, open-label, randomised controlled trial.
Hyperglycaemia and hypoglycaemia are common in preterm infants and have been associated […]
- Modelling the determinants of health and cancers as perceived by children: using imagery as a mediator of expression and narration.
To model and analyse conceptions of determinants of health and cancer that […]
- Wolman’s disease presenting with secondary hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis: a case report from Saudi Arabia and literature review.
Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) is a rare and potentially fatal syndrome that is […]
- SARS-CoV-2 transmission among children and staff in daycare centres during a nationwide lockdown in France: a cross-sectional, multicentre, seroprevalence study.
The extent to which very young children contribute to the transmission of […]
- An mHealth Intervention for Pregnancy Prevention for LGB Teens: An RCT.
Although lesbian, gay, bisexual and other sexual minority (LGB+) girls are more […]
- Cognitive functioning in Deaf children using Cochlear implants.
Cognitive abilities like language, memory, reasoning, visualization, and perceptual functioning shape human […]
- Improving Autism Screening and Referrals With Electronic Support and Evaluations in Primary Care.
Universal screening for autism promotes early evidence-based treatment. However, many children are […]
- Unremitting Pain and Fever in a 15-Year-Old Boy With Osteomyelitis.
A previously healthy 15-year-old boy from a rural county in the southeastern […]
- Antibiotic exposure during pregnancy and childhood asthma: a national birth cohort study investigating timing of exposure and mode of delivery.
To investigate whether antibiotic exposure during pregnancy was associated with childhood asthma […]
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Childhood and Left Ventricular Diastolic Function in Adulthood.
Cardiovascular risk factors, such as obesity, blood pressure, and physical inactivity, have […]
- Four mutations in MITF, SOX10 and PAX3 genes were identified as genetic causes of waardenburg syndrome in four unrelated Iranian patients: case report.
Waardenburg syndrome (WS) is a rare genetic disorder. The purpose of this […]
- Improved quality of reporting safety data of medication in paediatric randomised controlled trials.
Evaluating the reporting of safety data of medication in paediatric randomised controlled […]