- Children’s experiences of participating in a school-based health promotion parental support programme – a qualitative study.
Children’s voices are seldom heard in process evaluations concerning health promotion programmes. […]
- Delayed-Onset ADA1 (ADA) Deficiency Not Detected by TREC Screen.
A 9-month-old boy presented to a community pediatrician with a recent history […]
- Novel strategy to personalise use of ibuprofen for closure of patent ductus arteriosus in preterm neonates.
Exploration of a novel therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) strategy to personalise use […]
- Paediatric narcolepsy: a review of diagnosis and management.
Narcolepsy is a chronic disabling neurological sleep disorder that requires lifelong treatment. […]
- Prevalence of acute diarrhea and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) associated factors among children under five in Woldia Town, Amhara Region, northeastern Ethiopia.
Diarrhea among children under five is one of the significant public health concerns in […]
- Trends in Retinopathy of Prematurity Screening and Treatment: 2008-2018.
Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) is the leading avoidable and treatable cause of […]
- Tympanostomy Tubes or Medical Management for Recurrent Acute Otitis Media.
Official recommendations differ regarding tympanostomy-tube placement for children with recurrent acute otitis […]
- Effect of an Internet-Delivered Stepped-Care Program vs In-Person Cognitive Behavioral Therapy on Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Symptoms in Children and Adolescents: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
In most countries, young people with obsessive-compulsive disorder have limited access to […]
- Promotion of Meal Premiums in Child-Directed TV Advertising for Children’s Fast-food Meals.
Fast-food intake is a modifiable obesity risk factor in early childhood, and […]
- Trends in Bronchiolitis ICU Admissions and Ventilation Practices: 2010-2019.
To determine the changes in ICU admissions, ventilatory support, length of stay, […]
- Spatial distribution of under immunization among children 12-23 months old in Butajira HDSS, southern Ethiopia.
Immunization is essential to prevent between 2 and 3 million deaths globally […]
- Predictors of Deceased Organ Donation in the Pediatric Population.
A shortage of donor organs represents the major barrier to the success […]
- Quality of pediatric clinical practice guidelines.
There is a lack of a comprehensive evaluation for pediatric clinical practice […]
- Short-term outcomes in infants with mild neonatal encephalopathy: a retrospective, observational study.
Neonatal encephalopathy due to acute perinatal asphyxia is a major cause of […]
- The heritability of body composition.
Physical growth during childhood and adolescence is influenced by both genetic and […]
- Epidemiology of pediatric sepsis in the pediatric intensive care unit of king Abdulaziz Medical City, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Pediatric sepsis remains a significant cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. This […]
- Bibliography of published COVID-19 in children literature.
The COVID-19 pandemic is the biggest worldwide health challenge in this century. […]
- Medication discrepancies in transition of care of hospitalised children in Brazil: a multicentric study.
To determine the incidence of medication discrepancies in transition points of care […]
- Pediatric Advance Care Planning and Families’ Positive Caregiving Appraisals: An RCT.
Little is known about how families respond to pediatric advance care planning. […]
- Reducing Unnecessary Treatments for Acute Bronchiolitis Through an Integrated Care Pathway.
To analyze the impact of an integrated care pathway on reducing unnecessary […]
- Iranian children with overweight and obesity: an internet-based interventional study.
Obesity or overweight in children is an excessive accumulation of adipose tissue […]
- Junctional Tachycardia as a Diagnostic Criterion in Acute Rheumatic Fever.
Acute rheumatic fever (ARF) is an acute inflammatory process resulting in rheumatic […]
- Prognostic Communication Between Oncologists and Parents of Children With Advanced Cancer.
Parents of children with cancer perceive deficits in quality of prognostic communication. […]
- A Niemann-pick C1 disease child with BCG-itis: a case report and analysis.
Niemann-Pick C disease is a rare autosomal recessive lysosomal lipid storage disorder. […]
- Gastrointestinal failure score in children with traumatic brain injury.
To review the value of the gastrointestinal failure (GIF) score in children […]
- The facial nerve palsy and cortisone evaluation (FACE) study in children: protocol for a randomized, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial, in a Borrelia burgdorferi endemic area.
Children with acute peripheral facial nerve palsy cannot yet be recommended corticosteroid […]
- Sociodemographic characteristics are associated with prevalence of high-risk waist circumference and high-risk waist-to-height ratio in U.S. adolescents.
Adiposity status in adolescence is associated with various health outcomes in adulthood. […]
- The effect of care provided by paediatric critical care transport teams on mortality of children transported to paediatric intensive care units in England and Wales: a retrospective cohort study.
Centralisation of paediatric intensive care units (PICUs) has the increased the need […]
- Trends in HPV Vaccination Initiation and Completion Within Ages 9-12 Years: 2008-2018.
Routine human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination is recommended at ages 11 to 12 […]
- α2-Adrenergic Agonists or Stimulants for Preschool-Age Children With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is diagnosed in approximately 2.4% of preschool-age children. Stimulants […]
- Medication-related knowledge, administration practice and adherence among caregivers of chronically ill children in Malaysia.
Caregivers’ knowledge, practice and adherence in medication administration who care for children […]
- Self-reported and Documented Substance Use Among Adolescents in the Pediatric Hospital.
Adolescent substance use is associated with numerous adverse health outcomes. A hospitalization […]
- Single-parenthood and health conditions among children receiving public assistance in Japan: a cohort study.
Children’s healthy development is important. While governmental public assistance benefits financially troubled […]
- Smoking Susceptibility and Tobacco Media Engagement Among Youth Never Smokers.
Susceptibility to future smoking among youth never smokers has not changed in […]
- Growth and adrenarche: findings from the CATS observational study.
There is increasing evidence that patterns of pubertal maturation are associated with […]
- Medical Device Workarounds in Providing Care for Children With Medical Complexity in the Home.
Children with medical complexity (CMC) are commonly assisted by medical devices, which […]
- Prevalence of thrombotic complications in children with SARS-CoV-2.
Knowledge of thrombosis in children with SARS-CoV-2 is scarce. In this multicentre […]
- The association of dietary choline and betaine and anthropometric measurements among Iranian children: a cross-sectional study.
Previous studies have suggested that choline and betaine are associated with improved […]
- Updated analysis of pediatric clinical studies registered in ClinicalTrials.gov, 2008-2019.
Since the national clinical trials registry ( ClinicalTrials.gov ) launched in February […]
- Vaping the Venom: Oral Cavity Cancer in a Young Adult With Extensive Electronic Cigarette Use.
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the oral cavity is one of the […]
- Vitamin D deficiency in children with acute bronchiolitis: a prospective cross-sectional case- control study.
25(OH) vitamin D levels are inversely associated with respiratory infections and childhood […]
- Decision-making for children requiring interhospital transport: assessment of a novel triage tool.
The use of specialist retrieval teams to transport critically ill children is […]
- Clinical and genetic analysis of a case with centronuclear myopathy caused by SPEG gene mutation: a case report and literature review.
Centronuclear myopathy (CNM), a subtype of congenital myopathy (CM), is a group […]
- Clinical and social factors associated with involuntary psychiatric hospitalisation in children and adolescents: a systematic review, meta-analysis, and narrative synthesis.
Disparities in involuntary psychiatric hospitalisation between population subgroups have been identified in […]
- Development of cardiorespiratory fitness standards for working memory using receiver operating curves in 15-year-old adolescents.
Working memory performance is associated with better academic achievements in children and […]
- Effectiveness of interventions on early neurodevelopment of preterm infants: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
As preterm infants’ neurodevelopment is shaped by NICU-related factors during their hospitalization, […]
- Emergence of Developmental Delay in Infants and Toddlers With an FMR1 Mutation.
Children with FMR1 gene expansions are known to experience a range of […]
- Longitudinal association of dietary sources of animal and plant protein throughout childhood with menarche.
Inconsistent findings have been reported for associations between protein intake and age […]
- Respiratory syncytial virus in severe lower respiratory infections in previously healthy young Ethiopian infants.
Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) is the commonest cause of acute lower respiratory […]
- A Health-Literacy Intervention for Early Childhood Obesity Prevention: A Cluster-Randomized Controlled Trial.
Children who become overweight by age 2 have greater risk of long-term […]
- Reversible left ventricular noncompaction caused by hypertensive hydrocephalus: a pediatric case report.
Left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy (LVNC) is characterized by prominent ventricular trabeculations on […]
- Association between handgrip strength and bone mineral density of Brazilian children and adolescents stratified by sex: a cross-sectional study.
To examine the association of handgrip strength (HGS) and bone mineral density […]
- Survival Trends and Syndromic Esophageal Atresia.
Presence of a syndrome (or association) is predictive of poor survival in […]
- Bidirectional association of neurodevelopment with growth: a prospective cohort study.
The study aims to use the cross-lagged model and utilize data from […]
- Correlates of bullying perpetration among Lebanese adolescents: a national study.
Presently, 1 in 4 Lebanese adolescents is involved in bullying, with 12% […]
- Effect of COVID-19 on childhood Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection in Chengdu, China.
Following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, a change in the incidence […]
- Explaining Sudden Unexpected Infant Deaths, 2011-2017.
Sudden unexpected infant death (SUID) represents a broad group of explained and […]
- Household economic burden of childhood severe pneumonia in Bangladesh: a cost-of-illness study.
To estimate household cost of illness (COI) for children with severe pneumonia […]
- Prospect of Direct Benefit in Pediatric Trials: Practical Challenges and Potential Solutions.
Clinical research in pediatric patients is necessary to develop safe and effective […]
- Blood enterovirus polymerase chain reaction testing in young febrile infants.
To analyse the impact of blood enterovirus and human parechovirus PCR (ev-PCR) […]