- Acceptability, safety, and patterns of use of oral tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and emtricitabine for HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis in South African adolescents: an open-label single-arm phase 2 trial.
HIV incidence among adolescents in southern Africa remains unacceptably high. Pre-exposure prophylaxis […]
- Time, pattern, and outcome of medulloblastoma relapse and their association with tumour biology at diagnosis and therapy: a multicentre cohort study.
Disease relapse occurs in around 30% of children with medulloblastoma, and is […]
- Parenting a child with congenital cytomegalovirus infection: a qualitative study.
Congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) is the most common infectious cause of congenital disability, […]
- Impact of sight and hearing loss in patients with Norrie disease: advantages of Dual Sensory clinics in patient care.
Norrie disease (ND) is a rare, X-linked condition of visual and auditory […]
- Adolescent dating violence prevention programmes: a global systematic review of evaluation studies.
Adolescent dating violence negatively affects millions of young people worldwide. Through a […]
- Gender-based violence against adolescent girls in humanitarian settings: a review of the evidence.
Adolescent girls face elevated risks of gender-based violence in humanitarian settings because […]
- Severe Lymphatic Disorder Resolved With MEK Inhibition in a Patient With Noonan Syndrome and SOS1 Mutation.
Noonan syndrome is a multiorgan system disorder mediated by genetic defects along […]
- Dynamics on the field: a focused study on the culture and context of pediatric pain management at four Ghanaian hospitals.
As part of efforts to develop and implement a short course educational […]
- C-reactive protein- and clinical symptoms-guided strategy in term neonates with early-onset sepsis reduced antibiotic use and hospital stay: a quality improvement initiative.
Early-onset sepsis (EOS) is a potentially life-threatening complication of birth. Clinical symptoms […]
- Amalgam restoration or just a deposit? A riveting incidental finding- a case report.
Parafunctional oral habits are known to cause deleterious effects on maxillofacial structures. […]
- Supporting children and adolescents following parental bereavement: guidance for health-care professionals.
Death of a parent in childhood and adolescence is a distressing life […]
- Ebola-negative neonates born to Ebola-infected mothers after monoclonal antibody therapy: a case series.
Few fetuses survive childbirth when the mother is positive for Ebola virus, […]
- Randomized Controlled Trial of High-Flow Nasal Cannula in Preterm Infants After Extubation.
Our aim is to compare the efficacy and safety of high-flow nasal […]
- Incidence of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Children: 2009-2018.
In 2007, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended that children with obesity […]
- Use of virtual reality in the supportive care management of paediatric patients with cancer.
Paediatric patients with cancer undergo multiple treatments and procedures that can be […]
- Motor Impairment in Children With Congenital Heart Defects: A Systematic Review.
With improvements in survival rates in newborns with congenital heart defects (CHDs), […]
- Simulation Education for Preterm Infant Delivery Room Management at Community Hospitals.
Preterm infants are at risk for hypothermia in the delivery room (DR). […]
- Care of Pediatric Solid Organ Transplant Recipients: An Overview for Primary Care Providers.
As the number of living pediatric solid organ transplant (SOT) recipients continues […]
- Young people’s advisory groups in health research: scoping review and mapping of practices.
Young people’s advisory groups (YPAGs) for research are comprised of children or […]
- Development and validation of a prediction model for invasive bacterial infections in febrile children at European Emergency Departments: MOFICHE, a prospective observational study.
To develop and cross-validate a multivariable clinical prediction model to identify invasive […]
- Consulting with young people: informing guidelines for children’s palliative care.
Increasingly the views of young people are sought when improving healthcare; however, […]
- Golimumab and Beta-Cell Function in Youth with New-Onset Type 1 Diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease characterized by progressive loss of […]
- Health of Newborns and Infants Born to Women With Disabilities: A Meta-analysis.
Women with disabilities are at elevated risk for pregnancy, delivery, and postpartum […]
- The use and perception of support walkers for children with disabilities: a United Kingdom survey.
Support walkers are a type of assistive device that may enable non-ambulant […]
- Comparison of Body Mass Index and fat percentage criteria classification of 7-13 year-old rural boys in South Africa.
The aim of this paper was to investigate whether BMI and fat […]
- Cost-effectiveness of Interventions to Increase HPV Vaccine Uptake.
We sought to prioritize interventions for increasing human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination coverage […]
- Financial Interventions to Increase Vaccine Coverage.
Recent vaccine mandates in Australia, as in other high income settings, have […]
- Bubble CPAP splitting: innovative strategy in resource-limited settings.
Non-invasive respiratory support for neonates using bubble continuous positive airway pressure (bCPAP) […]
- Experiences of healthcare, including palliative care, of children with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions and their families: a longitudinal qualitative investigation.
To understand the experiences and perceptions of healthcare services of children with […]
- Association of Childhood Lead Exposure With MRI Measurements of Structural Brain Integrity in Midlife.
Childhood lead exposure has been linked to disrupted brain development, but long-term […]
- Dose-dependent effect of human milk on Bronchopulmonary dysplasia in very low birth weight infants.
Human milk has potential protective effects against bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD). However, studies […]
- Hirschsprung’s disease presenting as intractable anemia: a report of two cases and review of the literature.
This report summarizes the clinical characteristics of intractable anemia as part of […]
- The detrimental impacts of smart technology device overuse among school students in Kuwait: a cross-sectional survey.
Children and adolescents are becoming the most prolific users of smart technology […]
- Extraperitoneal pediatric kidney transplantation of adult renal allograft using an en-bloc native liver and kidney mobilization technique.
We describe the safety and efficacy of performing pediatric kidney transplantation with […]
- The use of direct oral challenge to confirm allergies to penicillin class antibiotics in Danish children.
A high number of children are referred to pediatric departments with a […]
- Pandemics, epidemics and inequities in routine childhood vaccination coverage: a rapid review.
Inequity in routine childhood vaccination coverage is well researched. Pandemics disrupt infrastructure […]
- Relationship between blood Lead status and anemia in Ugandan children with malaria infection.
In Uganda, childhood anemia remains a health challenge and is associated with […]
- Bullying victimization among Lebanese adolescents: The role of child abuse, Internet addiction, social phobia and depression and validation of the Illinois Bully Scale.
Both bullying victimization and perpetration were associated with depression, social phobia, physical […]
- Feature-driven classification reveals potential comorbid subtypes within childhood apraxia of speech.
Childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) is a neurodevelopmental disorder with heterogeneous communication […]
- A Quality Improvement Intervention To Reduce Postoperative Opiate Use in Neonates.
Opiate use in neonates can affect clinical outcomes after surgery and may […]
- MIS-C and Cardiac Conduction Abnormalities.
Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) has spread through the pediatric population […]
- Stressors and support system among parents of neonates hospitalised with systemic infections: qualitative study in South India.
To explore stressors and support system for families with a neonate admitted […]
- Knee Joint Swelling at Presentation: A Case of Pediatric Crohn Disease With a TNFAIP3 Mutation.
Crohn disease (CD) is a chronic inflammatory disease, and its incidence in […]
- Clinical management of sickle cell liver disease in children and young adults.
Liver involvement in sickle cell disease (SCD) is often referred to as […]
- Rituximab in childhood steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome: are multiple subsequent courses safe and effective?
Idiopathic nephrotic syndrome is the most common glomerular disease in children. The […]
- Citrin deficiency mimicking mitochondrial depletion syndrome.
Neonatal intrahepatic cholestasis caused by citrin deficiency (CD) is a rare inborn […]
- Behavior Problems During Early Childhood in Children With Prenatal Methamphetamine Exposure.
The effects of in utero methamphetamine exposure on behavioral problems in school-aged […]
- Abusive Head Trauma in Day Care Centers.
Abusive head trauma (AHT) warrants particular attention in terms of prevention. One […]
- Low-dose or no aspirin administration in acute-phase Kawasaki disease: a meta-analysis and systematic review.
To compare the efficacy of low-dose or no aspirin with conventional high-dose […]
- Seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in children: a prospective multicentre cohort study.
Studies based on molecular testing of oral/nasal swabs underestimate SARS-CoV-2 infection due […]
- Reversal of blood flow in deep cerebral vein in preterm intraventricular hemorrhage: two case reports.
Intraventricular hemorrhage during the early stage is a major complication in very […]
- Clinical characteristics, treatment, and long-term outcomes in children suffering from benign convulsions with mild gastroenteritis: a retrospective study.
Benign convulsions with mild gastroenteritis (BCWG) is a common condition in children […]
- Parental Vaccine Hesitancy and Childhood Influenza Vaccination.
To quantify the prevalence of parental vaccine hesitancy (VH) in the United […]
- Smoking Intention and Progression From E-Cigarette Use to Cigarette Smoking.
To investigate whether the prospective association between electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) use and […]
- Prevalence and perceptions of infant massage in India: study from Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh states.
Knowledge of the prevailing infant care practices and their effects is important […]
- Clinical characteristics of 10 children with a pediatric inflammatory multisystem syndrome associated with COVID-19 in Iran.
Although symptoms and signs of COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease 2019) in children are […]
- ‘The mean mummy way’ – experiences of parents instilling eye drops to their young children as described in online forums and blogs.
Adults often have difficulty instilling eye drops in their own eyes, but […]
- Mean core to peripheral temperature difference and mean lactate levels in first 6 hours of hospitalisation as two indicators of prognosis: an observational cohort study.
To study mean core to peripheral temperature difference (CPTD) and the mean […]
- Screening for Hypertension in Children and Adolescents: Updated Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Task Force.
Childhood hypertension can result in adverse outcomes during adulthood; identifying and treating […]
- Longitudinal effects of breast feeding on parent-reported child behaviour.
Shorter breastfeeding duration has been linked to a range of difficulties in […]