- Management of Dyspnea in Advanced Cancer: ASCO Guideline.
To provide guidance on the clinical management of dyspnea in adult patients […]
- Predicted sensitivity to endocrine therapy for stage II-III hormone receptor-positive and HER2-negative (HR+/HER2-) breast cancer prior to chemo-endocrine therapy.
We proposed that a test for sensitivity to the adjuvant endocrine therapy […]
- TRANSFORMER: A Randomized Phase II Study Comparing Bipolar Androgen Therapy Versus Enzalutamide in Asymptomatic Men With Castration-Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer.
Prostate cancer (PCa) becomes resistant to androgen ablation through adaptive upregulation of […]
- FAST: A randomised phase II study of zolbetuximab (IMAB362) plus EOX vs EOX alone for first-line treatment of advanced CLDN18.2 positive gastric and gastro-oesophageal adenocarcinoma.
CLDN18.2 is contained within normal gastric mucosa epithelial tight junctions; upon malignant […]
- Checkpoint inhibitors for gastroesophageal cancers: Dissecting heterogeneity to better understand their role in first line and adjuvant therapy.
Gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma (GEA) and squamous esophageal cancer (ESCC) are responsible for >1 […]
- Development and Validation of Nomograms to Predict Local, Regional, and Distant Recurrence in Patients With Thin (T1) Melanomas.
Although the prognosis of patients with thin primary cutaneous melanomas (T1, ≤ […]
- Eprenetapopt Plus Azacitidine in TP53-Mutated Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Acute Myeloid Leukemia: A Phase II Study by the Groupe Francophone des Myélodysplasies (GFM).
TP53-mutated (TP53m) myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) have very […]
- Therapy for Stage IV Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer With Driver Alterations: ASCO and OH (CCO) Joint Guideline Update.
To provide evidence-based recommendations updating the 2017 ASCO guideline on systemic therapy […]
- Circulating tumour DNA in patients with advanced melanoma treated with dabrafenib or dabrafenib plus trametinib: a clinical validation study.
Melanoma lacks validated blood-based biomarkers for monitoring and predicting treatment efficacy. Cell-free […]
- Short-term outcomes of complete mesocolic excision versus D2 dissection in patients undergoing laparoscopic colectomy for right colon cancer (RELARC): a randomised, controlled, phase 3, superiority trial.
Whether extended lymphadenectomy for right colon cancer leads to increased perioperative complications […]
- Pyrotinib plus capecitabine versus lapatinib plus capecitabine for the treatment of HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer (PHOEBE): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, controlled, phase 3 trial.
Despite therapeutic advances in HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer, resistance to trastuzumab inevitably […]
- Lenvatinib plus Pembrolizumab or Everolimus for Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma.
Lenvatinib in combination with pembrolizumab or everolimus has activity against advanced renal […]
- Enfortumab Vedotin in Previously Treated Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma.
Patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma have poor overall survival after platinum-containing chemotherapy […]
- Phase III Study to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Andecaliximab With mFOLFOX6 as First-Line Treatment in Patients With Advanced Gastric or GEJ Adenocarcinoma (GAMMA-1).
Andecaliximab (ADX) is a monoclonal antibody that inhibits matrix metalloproteinase 9, an […]
- Simplified Geriatric Assessment in Older Patients With Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: The Prospective Elderly Project of the Fondazione Italiana Linfomi.
To prospectively validate the use of a simplified geriatric assessment (sGA) at […]
- Phase 3 Trials of Tirbanibulin Ointment for Actinic Keratosis.
The tubulin polymerization and Src kinase signaling inhibitor tirbanibulin is being investigated […]
- Primary Tumor Resection Plus Chemotherapy Versus Chemotherapy Alone for Colorectal Cancer Patients With Asymptomatic, Synchronous Unresectable Metastases (JCOG1007; iPACS): A Randomized Clinical Trial.
It remains controversial whether primary tumor resection (PTR) before chemotherapy improves survival […]
- Time Trends in Receipt of Germline Genetic Testing and Results for Women Diagnosed With Breast Cancer or Ovarian Cancer, 2012-2019.
Genetic testing is important for breast and ovarian cancer risk reduction and […]
- Addition of Lenalidomide to R-CHOP Improves Outcomes in Newly Diagnosed Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma in a Randomized Phase II US Intergroup Study ECOG-ACRIN E1412.
Lenalidomide combined with rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (R-CHOP) (R2CHOP) […]
- CanDirect: Effectiveness of a Telephone-Supported Depression Self-Care Intervention for Cancer Survivors.
Depression in post-treatment cancer survivors is common and can impair quality of […]
- Comparison of breast cancer and cervical cancer stage distributions in ten newly independent states of the former Soviet Union: a population-based study.
Screening for breast cancer and cervical cancer in the newly independent states […]
- Randomized Phase III Study of FOLFOX Alone or With Pegilodecakin as Second-Line Therapy in Patients With Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer That Progressed After Gemcitabine (SEQUOIA).
SEQUOIA compared efficacy and safety of adding pegilodecakin (PEG), a pegylated recombinant […]
- Exosome-based Liquid Biopsies in Cancer: Opportunities and Challenges.
Liquid biopsy in cancer has gained momentum in clinical research and is […]
- Treatment of multiple myeloma-related bone disease: recommendations from the Bone Working Group of the International Myeloma Working Group.
In this Policy Review, the Bone Working Group of the International Myeloma […]
- Ibrutinib in Combination with Nab-Paclitaxel and Gemcitabine for First-Line Treatment of Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: Phase 3 RESOLVE Study.
First-line treatment for metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) includes nab-paclitaxel/gemcitabine. Ibrutinib, a […]
- A phase II randomized trial of cobimetinib plus chemotherapy, with or without atezolizumab, as first-line treatment for patients with locally advanced or metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (COLET): primary analysis.
Resistance to standard chemotherapy in metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (mTNBC) is associated […]
- Communication and ethical considerations for fertility preservation for patients with childhood, adolescent, and young adult cancer: recommendations from the PanCareLIFE Consortium and the International Late Effects of Childhood Cancer Guideline Harmonization Group.
Patients with childhood, adolescent, and young adult cancer who will be treated […]
- Fertility preservation for male patients with childhood, adolescent, and young adult cancer: recommendations from the PanCareLIFE Consortium and the International Late Effects of Childhood Cancer Guideline Harmonization Group.
Male patients with childhood, adolescent, and young adult cancer are at an […]
- Fertility preservation for female patients with childhood, adolescent, and young adult cancer: recommendations from the PanCareLIFE Consortium and the International Late Effects of Childhood Cancer Guideline Harmonization Group.
Female patients with childhood, adolescent, and young adult cancer are at increased […]
- Carboplatin-based doublet plus bevacizumab beyond progression versus carboplatin-based doublet alone in patients with platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer: a randomised, phase 3 trial.
Bevacizumab is approved in combination with chemotherapy for the treatment of ovarian […]
- Hypofractionated radiotherapy in locally advanced bladder cancer: an individual patient data meta-analysis of the BC2001 and BCON trials.
Two radiotherapy fractionation schedules are used to treat locally advanced bladder cancer: […]
- PET-guided omission of radiotherapy in early-stage unfavourable Hodgkin lymphoma (GHSG HD17): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.
Combined-modality treatment consisting of chemotherapy and consolidation radiotherapy is standard of care […]
- 4 Gy versus 24 Gy radiotherapy for follicular and marginal zone lymphoma (FoRT): long-term follow-up of a multicentre, randomised, phase 3, non-inferiority trial.
The optimal radiotherapy dose for indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma is uncertain. We aimed […]
- Adjuvant Pertuzumab and Trastuzumab in Early HER2-Positive Breast Cancer in the APHINITY Trial: 6 Years’ Follow-Up.
APHINITY, at 45 months median follow-up, showed that pertuzumab added to adjuvant […]
- Classification and Personalized Prognostic Assessment on the Basis of Clinical and Genomic Features in Myelodysplastic Syndromes.
Recurrently mutated genes and chromosomal abnormalities have been identified in myelodysplastic syndromes […]
- Second-Line Nivolumab in Relapsed Small-Cell Lung Cancer: CheckMate 331.
Patients with relapsed small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) have few treatment options and […]
- Use of high dose cyproterone acetate and risk of intracranial meningioma in women: cohort study.
To assess the risk of meningioma associated with use of high dose […]
- Open-Label, Single-Arm, Phase II Study of Pembrolizumab Monotherapy as First-Line Therapy in Patients With Advanced Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma.
Programmed death 1 (PD-1) pathway inhibitors have not been prospectively evaluated in […]
- Open-Label, Single-Arm Phase II Study of Pembrolizumab Monotherapy as First-Line Therapy in Patients With Advanced Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma.
Pembrolizumab, a programmed death 1 inhibitor, demonstrated promising single-agent activity in untreated […]
- Impact of Organ Function-Based Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria in Patients With Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: Who Gets Left Behind?
Exclusion of patients needing urgent treatment or requiring novel biomarkers before enrollment […]
- A Prospective Study of Type 2 diabetes, metformin use, and risk of breast cancer.
Type 2 diabetes (T2D) has been associated with increased breast cancer risk, […]
- Encorafenib Plus Cetuximab as a New Standard of Care for Previously Treated BRAF V600E-Mutant Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: Updated Survival Results and Subgroup Analyses from the BEACON Study.
BEACON CRC evaluated encorafenib plus cetuximab with or without binimetinib versus investigators’ […]
- Burkitt Lymphoma International Prognostic Index.
Burkitt lymphoma (BL) has unique biology and clinical course but lacks a […]
- Clinical Outcomes and Patient-Matched Molecular Composition of Relapsed Medulloblastoma.
We sought to investigate clinical outcomes of relapsed medulloblastoma and to compare […]
- Radiation Therapy for Small-Cell Lung Cancer: ASCO Guideline Endorsement of an ASTRO Guideline.
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) produced an evidence-based guideline on […]
- Prostate-Only Versus Whole-Pelvic Radiation Therapy in High-Risk and Very High-Risk Prostate Cancer (POP-RT): Outcomes From Phase III Randomized Controlled Trial.
We report the clinical outcomes of a randomized trial comparing prophylactic whole-pelvic […]
- Initial Management of Noncastrate Advanced, Recurrent, or Metastatic Prostate Cancer: ASCO Guideline Update.
Update all preceding ASCO guidelines on initial hormonal management of noncastrate advanced, […]
- Efficacy, Safety, and Correlative Biomarkers of Toripalimab in Previously Treated Recurrent or Metastatic Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: A Phase II Clinical Trial (POLARIS-02).
As yet, no checkpoint inhibitor has been approved to treat nasopharyngeal carcinoma […]
- Incidence and Predictors of Mental Health Outcomes Among Survivors of Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer: A Population-Based Study Using the IMPACT Cohort.
Risk and predictors of long-term mental health outcomes in survivors of adolescent […]
- Evidence-based benchmarks for use of cancer surgery in high-income countries: a population-based analysis.
Estimating a population-level benchmark rate for use of surgery in the management […]
- Global demand for cancer surgery and an estimate of the optimal surgical and anaesthesia workforce between 2018 and 2040: a population-based modelling study.
The growing demand for cancer surgery has placed a global strain on […]
- Cytoreductive surgery plus hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy versus cytoreductive surgery alone for colorectal peritoneal metastases (PRODIGE 7): a multicentre, randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial.
The addition of hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) to cytoreductive surgery has been […]
- First-line nivolumab plus ipilimumab combined with two cycles of chemotherapy in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (CheckMate 9LA): an international, randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial.
First-line nivolumab plus ipilimumab has shown improved overall survival in patients with […]
- Focal Boost to the Intraprostatic Tumor in External Beam Radiotherapy for Patients With Localized Prostate Cancer: Results From the FLAME Randomized Phase III Trial.
This study investigates whether focal boosting of the macroscopic visible tumor with […]
- A Population-Based Study of Genes Previously Implicated in Breast Cancer.
Population-based estimates of the risk of breast cancer associated with germline pathogenic […]
- ESMO recommendations on the standard methods to detect RET fusions and mutations in daily practice and clinical research.
Aberrant activation of RET is a critical driver of growth and proliferation […]
- Niraparib maintenance therapy in patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent ovarian cancer using an individualized starting dose (NORA): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial.
This study evaluated maintenance treatment with niraparib, a potent inhibitor of poly(ADP-ribose) […]
- Risk-Based Selection of Individuals for Oral Cancer Screening.
We evaluated proof of principle for resource-efficient, risk-based screening through reanalysis of […]
- Phase II Trial of Costimulation Blockade With Abatacept for Prevention of Acute GVHD.
Severe (grade 3-4) acute graft-versus-host disease (AGVHD) is a major cause of […]
- Eprenetapopt (APR-246) and Azacitidine in TP53-Mutant Myelodysplastic Syndromes.
Approximately 20% of patients with TP53-mutant myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) achieve complete remission […]