- Circulating tumor DNA in neoadjuvant-treated breast cancer reflects response and survival.
Pathologic complete response (pCR) to neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC) is strongly associated with […]
- Adjuvant chemotherapy is superior to chemoradiation after D2 surgery for gastric cancer in the per-protocol analysis of the randomized CRITICS trial.
The Intergroup 0116 and the MAGIC trials changed clinical practice for resectable […]
- Essential oncology nursing care along the cancer continuum.
Oncology nurses are at the heart of tackling the increasing global burden […]
- Golimumab and Beta-Cell Function in Youth with New-Onset Type 1 Diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease characterized by progressive loss of […]
- Systemic Therapy for Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma: ASCO Guideline.
To develop an evidence-based clinical practice guideline to assist in clinical decision […]
- Phase III Trial of Avelumab Maintenance After First-Line Induction Chemotherapy Versus Continuation of Chemotherapy in Patients With Gastric Cancers: Results From JAVELIN Gastric 100.
The role of maintenance therapy for gastric (GC) or gastroesophageal junction cancer […]
- A transcriptomic signature to predict adjuvant gemcitabine sensitivity in pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
Chemotherapy is the only systemic treatment approved for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC), […]
- Efficacy of utidelone plus capecitabine versus capecitabine for heavily pretreated, anthracycline- and taxane-refractory metastatic breast cancer: final analysis of overall survival in a phase 3 randomised controlled trial.
Primary analysis of the phase 3 trial BG01-1323L demonstrated that utidelone plus […]
- Phase III randomized study of taselisib or placebo with fulvestrant in estrogen receptor-positive, PIK3CA-mutant, HER2-negative, advanced breast cancer: the SANDPIPER trial.
The phase III SANDPIPER study assessed taselisib (GDC-0032), a potent, selective PI3K […]
- A Placebo-Controlled Trial of Subcutaneous Semaglutide in Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis.
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is a common disease that is associated with increased […]
- Treatment of epithelial ovarian cancer.
Ovarian cancer is the third most common gynecologic malignancy worldwide but accounts […]
- Structural basis of acquired resistance to selpercatinib and pralsetinib mediated by non-gatekeeper RET mutations.
Selpercatinib (LOXO-292) and pralsetinib (BLU-667) are highly potent RET-selective protein tyrosine kinase […]
- Standardization of 18F-FDG-PET/CT According to Deauville Criteria for Metabolic Complete Response Definition in Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma.
18F-Fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) is currently the standard […]
- Internal mammary and medial supraclavicular lymph node chain irradiation in stage I-III breast cancer (EORTC 22922/10925): 15-year results of a randomised, phase 3 trial.
10-year results from several studies showed improved disease-free survival and distant metastasis-free […]
- Long-term outcome and prognostic value of Ki67 after perioperative endocrine therapy in postmenopausal women with hormone-sensitive early breast cancer (POETIC): an open-label, multicentre, parallel-group, randomised, phase 3 trial.
Preoperative and perioperative aromatase inhibitor (POAI) therapy has the potential to improve […]
- A multivariable prognostic score to guide systemic therapy in early-stage HER2-positive breast cancer: a retrospective study with an external evaluation.
In early-stage HER2-positive breast cancer, escalation or de-escalation of systemic therapy is […]
- Gamma knife radiosurgery for uveal melanomas and metastases: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Gamma knife radiosurgery is regarded as the gold-standard stereotactic radiosurgery modality for […]
- Cancer and climate change.
The acute impact of climate change on human health is receiving increased […]
- Comprehensive guidance on the diagnosis and management of primary mesenchymal tumours of the thyroid gland.
Most primary thyroid tumours are of epithelial origin. Primary thyroid mesenchymal tumours […]
- Randomized Phase III Study of Irinotecan Plus Cisplatin Versus Etoposide Plus Cisplatin for Completely Resected High-Grade Neuroendocrine Carcinoma of the Lung: JCOG1205/1206.
To verify the superiority of irinotecan plus cisplatin over etoposide plus cisplatin […]
- Comparing Nanoparticle Polymeric Micellar Paclitaxel and Solvent-based Paclitaxel as First-line Treatment of Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: An Open-label, Randomized, Multicenter, Phase III Trial.
Polymeric micellar paclitaxel (pm-Pac) is a novel Cremophor EL (CrEL)-free, nanoparticle micellar […]
- Venetoclax or placebo in combination with bortezomib and dexamethasone in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma (BELLINI): a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, phase 3 trial.
Venetoclax is a highly selective, potent, oral BCL-2 inhibitor, which induces apoptosis […]
- Intermittent schedules of the oral RAF-MEK inhibitor CH5126766/VS-6766 in patients with RAS/RAF-mutant solid tumours and multiple myeloma: a single-centre, open-label, phase 1 dose-escalation and basket dose-expansion study.
CH5126766 (also known as VS-6766, and previously named RO5126766), a novel MEK-pan-RAF […]
- The paradox-breaking panRAF plus SRC family kinase inhibitor, CCT3833, is effective in mutant KRAS-driven cancers.
KRAS is mutated in ∼90% of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas (PDAC), ∼35% of […]
- Nivolumab and Ipilimumab in Metastatic Uveal Melanoma: Results From a Single-Arm Phase II Study.
Metastatic uveal melanoma has poor overall survival (OS) and no approved systemic […]
- Oxaliplatin-Based Adjuvant Chemotherapy Duration (3 vs. 6 Months) for High-Risk Stage II Colon Cancer: The Randomized Phase 3 ACHIEVE-2 Trial.
Oxaliplatin-based adjuvantchemotherapy may be associated with debilitating peripheral sensory neuropathy (PSN) in […]
- Biomarker-driven therapies for previously treated squamous non-small-cell lung cancer (Lung-MAP SWOG S1400): a biomarker-driven master protocol.
The Lung Cancer Master Protocol (Lung-MAP; S1400) is a completed biomarker-driven master […]
- Multicenter, Randomized, Phase III Trial of Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation With Capecitabine and Irinotecan Guided by UGT1A1 Status in Patients With Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer.
Differentiating the irinotecan dose on the basis of the uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase […]
- B7H3-Directed Intraperitoneal Radioimmunotherapy With Radioiodinated Omburtamab for Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumor and Other Peritoneal Tumors: Results of a Phase I Study.
Desmoplastic small round cell tumor (DSRCT), a rare sarcoma of adolescents/young adults […]
- Mutant Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 1 Inhibitor Ivosidenib in Combination With Azacitidine for Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
Ivosidenib is an oral inhibitor of the mutant isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 (IDH1) […]
- Dose-Dependent Effect of Platinum-Based Chemotherapy on the Risk of Metachronous Contralateral Testicular Cancer.
Patients with testicular germ cell tumor (TGCT) are at increased risk of […]
- TBCRC 048: Phase II Study of Olaparib for Metastatic Breast Cancer and Mutations in Homologous Recombination-Related Genes.
Olaparib, a poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor (PARPi), is approved for the […]
- Use of hormone replacement therapy and risk of breast cancer: nested case-control studies using the QResearch and CPRD databases.
To assess the risks of breast cancer associated with different types and […]
- Optimized Management of Nivolumab and Ipilimumab in Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma: A Response-Based Phase II Study (OMNIVORE).
In this phase II response-adaptive trial, we investigated the rational application of […]
- Molecular Drivers of Oncotype DX, Prosigna, EndoPredict, and the Breast Cancer Index: A TransATAC Study.
The Oncotype DX Recurrence Score (RS), Prosigna Prediction Analysis of Microarray 50 […]
- Imetelstat Achieves Meaningful and Durable Transfusion Independence in High Transfusion-Burden Patients With Lower-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndromes in a Phase II Study.
Patients with lower-risk (LR) myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) who are RBC transfusion dependent […]
- Effect of rhG-CSF Combined With Decitabine Prophylaxis on Relapse of Patients With High-Risk MRD-Negative AML After HSCT: An Open-Label, Multicenter, Randomized Controlled Trial.
Relapse is a major cause of treatment failure after allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cell […]
- New advances in the diagnosis and management of hepatocellular carcinoma.
Hepatocellular carcinoma is one of the leading causes of cancer related death […]
- Overall survival with 3 or 6 months of adjuvant chemotherapy in Italian TOSCA Phase 3 Randomized Trial.
Oxaliplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy is the standard treatment for high-risk colon cancer (CC). […]
- Assessment of structural chromosomal instability phenotypes as biomarkers of carboplatin response in Triple Negative Breast Cancer: the TNT trial.
In the TNT trial of triple negative breast cancer (NCT00532727), germline BRCA1/2 […]
- Side-effect management of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy.
Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cells directed against the B-cell marker CD19 are […]
- Neoadjuvant paclitaxel/olaparib in comparison to paclitaxel/carboplatinum in patients with HER2-negative breast cancer and homologous recombination deficiency (GeparOLA study).
The efficacy and toxicity of olaparib as combination therapy in early breast […]
- Survival, Pathologic Response, and Genomics in CALGB 40601 (Alliance), a Neoadjuvant Phase III Trial of Paclitaxel-Trastuzumab With or Without Lapatinib in HER2-Positive Breast Cancer.
CALGB 40601 assessed whether dual versus single human epidermal growth factor receptor […]
- A meta-analysis of reversion mutations in BRCA genes identifies signatures of DNA end-joining repair mechanisms driving therapy resistance.
Germline mutations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 (BRCA) genes predispose to hereditary […]
- Dasatinib-Blinatumomab for Ph-Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Adults.
Outcomes in patients with Philadelphia chromosome (Ph)-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) have […]
- Selection of Optimal Adjuvant Chemotherapy and Targeted Therapy for Early Breast Cancer: ASCO Guideline Update.
The aim of this work is to update key recommendations of the […]
- Updated Breast Cancer Surveillance Recommendations for Female Survivors of Childhood, Adolescent, and Young Adult Cancer From the International Guideline Harmonization Group.
As new evidence is available, the International Late Effects of Childhood Cancer […]
- Carboplatin and Paclitaxel for Advanced Endometrial Cancer: Final Overall Survival and Adverse Event Analysis of a Phase III Trial (NRG Oncology/GOG0209).
Limitations of the paclitaxel-doxorubicin-cisplatin (TAP) regimen in the treatment of endometrial cancer […]
- Relapse After Early-Stage, Favorable Hodgkin Lymphoma: Disease Characteristics and Outcomes With Conventional or High-Dose Chemotherapy.
We evaluated disease and treatment characteristics of patients with relapse after risk-adapted […]
- Life Expectancy after Bariatric Surgery in the Swedish Obese Subjects Study.
Obesity shortens life expectancy. Bariatric surgery is known to reduce the long-term […]
- Equivalence Randomized Trial to Compare Treatment on the Basis of Sentinel Node Biopsy Versus Neck Node Dissection in Operable T1-T2N0 Oral and Oropharyngeal Cancer.
Sentinel node (SN) biopsy is accurate in operable oral and oropharyngeal cT1-T2N0 […]
- Road Map to Safe and Well-Designed De-escalation Trials of Systemic Adjuvant Therapy for Solid Tumors.
An important challenge in the field of cancer is finding the balance […]
- First-in-Human Phase I Study of Iadademstat (ORY-1001): A First-in-Class Lysine-Specific Histone Demethylase 1A Inhibitor, in Relapsed or Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
Iadademstat is a novel, highly potent, and selective inhibitor of LSD1 (KDM1A), […]
- ARTSCAN III: A Randomized Phase III Study Comparing Chemoradiotherapy With Cisplatin Versus Cetuximab in Patients With Locoregionally Advanced Head and Neck Squamous Cell Cancer.
We performed an open-label randomized controlled phase III study comparing treatment outcome […]
- Adjuvant Sorafenib for Renal Cell Carcinoma at Intermediate or High Risk of Relapse: Results From the SORCE Randomized Phase III Intergroup Trial.
SORCE is an international, randomized, double-blind, three-arm trial of sorafenib after surgical […]
- Camrelizumab Plus Apatinib in Patients With Advanced Cervical Cancer (CLAP): A Multicenter, Open-Label, Single-Arm, Phase II Trial.
Camrelizumab is an antibody against programmed death protein 1. We assessed the […]
- Molecular Landscape and Actionable Alterations in a Genomically Guided Cancer Clinical Trial: National Cancer Institute Molecular Analysis for Therapy Choice (NCI-MATCH).
Therapeutically actionable molecular alterations are widely distributed across cancer types. The National […]
- Tazemetostat for patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma: an open-label, single-arm, multicentre, phase 2 trial.
Activating mutations of EZH2, an epigenetic regulator, are present in approximately 20% […]
- Tazemetostat in advanced epithelioid sarcoma with loss of INI1/SMARCB1: an international, open-label, phase 2 basket study.
Epithelioid sarcoma is a rare and aggressive soft-tissue sarcoma subtype. Over 90% […]
- Accuracy of SIE/SIES/GITMO Consensus Criteria for Unfitness to Predict Early Mortality After Intensive Chemotherapy in Adults With AML or Other High-Grade Myeloid Neoplasm.
With increasing therapeutic alternatives available, there is growing interest in tools that […]