- Abemaciclib Combined With Endocrine Therapy for the Adjuvant Treatment of HR+, HER2-, Node-Positive, High-Risk, Early Breast Cancer (monarchE).
Many patients with HR+, HER2- early breast cancer (EBC) will not experience […]
- Imaging-based prostate cancer screening among BRCA mutation carriers-results from the first round of screening.
Male-carriers of BRCA1/2 gene mutations have an increased risk of prostate cancer […]
- Adjuvant nivolumab versus ipilimumab in resected stage IIIB-C and stage IV melanoma (CheckMate 238): 4-year results from a multicentre, double-blind, randomised, controlled, phase 3 trial.
Previously, findings from CheckMate 238, a double-blind, phase 3 adjuvant trial in […]
- Cause-Specific Mortality Following Initial Chemotherapy in a Population-Based Cohort of Patients With Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma, 2000-2016.
Mortality for patients with classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) treated during an era […]
- Longer Follow-Up Confirms Recurrence-Free Survival Benefit of Adjuvant Pembrolizumab in High-Risk Stage III Melanoma: Updated Results From the EORTC 1325-MG/KEYNOTE-054 Trial.
We conducted the phase III double-blind European Organisation for Research and Treatment […]
- Consolidation Radiotherapy Could Be Safely Omitted in Advanced Hodgkin Lymphoma With Large Nodal Mass in Complete Metabolic Response After ABVD: Final Analysis of the Randomized GITIL/FIL HD0607 Trial.
To investigate the role of consolidation radiotherapy (cRT) in advanced-stage Hodgkin lymphoma […]
- Sacituzumab Govitecan in Previously Treated Hormone Receptor-Positive/HER2-Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer: Final Results from a Phase 1/2, Single-Arm, Basket Trial.
Trophoblast cell-surface antigen-2 (Trop-2) is expressed in epithelial cancers, including hormone receptor-positive […]
- Preoperative radiotherapy plus surgery versus surgery alone for patients with primary retroperitoneal sarcoma (EORTC-62092: STRASS): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.
Unlike for extremity sarcomas, the efficacy of radiotherapy for retroperitoneal sarcoma is […]
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Trastuzumab With or Without Chemotherapy for HER2-Positive Early Breast Cancer in Older Patients.
Adjuvant trastuzumab monotherapy has not been compared with trastuzumab + chemotherapy. We […]
- Abbreviated Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Supplemental Screening of Women With Dense Breasts and Average Risk.
Although mammography is the standard of care for breast cancer screening, dense […]
- Long-Term Follow-Up of Ibrutinib Monotherapy in Symptomatic, Previously Treated Patients With Waldenström Macroglobulinemia.
We report the long-term findings and final analysis of a pivotal multicenter […]
- Survival in Patients With Brain Metastases: Summary Report on the Updated Diagnosis-Specific Graded Prognostic Assessment and Definition of the Eligibility Quotient.
Conventional wisdom has rendered patients with brain metastases ineligible for clinical trials […]
- Olanzapine for Prevention of Vomiting in Children and Adolescents Receiving Highly Emetogenic Chemotherapy: Investigator-Initiated, Randomized, Open-Label Trial.
Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) is a significant toxicity of chemotherapy. Olanzapine […]
- Quality of life in patients with metastatic prostate cancer following treatment with cabazitaxel versus abiraterone or enzalutamide (CARD): an analysis of a randomised, multicentre, open-label, phase 4 study.
In the CARD study, cabazitaxel significantly improved radiographic progression-free survival and overall […]
- Association of tumour mutational burden with outcomes in patients with advanced solid tumours treated with pembrolizumab: prospective biomarker analysis of the multicohort, open-label, phase 2 KEYNOTE-158 study.
Tumour mutational burden (TMB) has been retrospectively correlated with response to immune […]
- Circulating tumour DNA analysis to direct therapy in advanced breast cancer (plasmaMATCH): a multicentre, multicohort, phase 2a, platform trial.
Circulating tumour DNA (ctDNA) testing might provide a current assessment of the […]
- New hints towards a precision medicine strategy for IDH wild-type Glioblastoma.
Glioblastoma (GBM) represents the most common primary malignancy of the central nervous […]
- Phase I Study of Cabozantinib and Nivolumab Alone or With Ipilimumab for Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma and Other Genitourinary Tumors.
We assessed the safety and efficacy of cabozantinib and nivolumab (CaboNivo) and […]
- NRG1 fusion-driven tumors: biology, detection and the therapeutic role of afatinib and other ErbB-targeting agents.
Oncogenic gene fusions are hybrid genes that result from structural DNA rearrangements, […]
- Hypofractionated Versus Standard Fractionated Radiotherapy in Patients With Early Breast Cancer or Ductal Carcinoma In Situ in a Randomized Phase III Trial: The DBCG HYPO Trial.
Given the poor results using hypofractionated radiotherapy for early breast cancer, a […]
- Continuous Versus 1-Year Fixed-Duration Nivolumab in Previously Treated Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: CheckMate 153.
Limited data exist on the optimal duration of immunotherapy, including for non-small-cell […]
- Age Dependency of the Prognostic Impact of Tumor Genomics in Localized Resectable MYCN-Nonamplified Neuroblastomas. Report From the SIOPEN Biology Group on the LNESG Trials and a COG Validation Group.
For localized, resectable neuroblastoma without MYCN amplification, surgery only is recommended even […]
- Eflornithine plus Sulindac for Prevention of Progression in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis.
The efficacy and safety of combination therapy with eflornithine and sulindac, as […]
- Multicenter International Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer Study of the Consensus Immunoscore for the Prediction of Survival and Response to Chemotherapy in Stage III Colon Cancer.
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the prognostic value of […]
- Exploring Spatial-Temporal Changes in 18F-Sodium Fluoride PET/CT and Circulating Tumor Cells in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Treated With Enzalutamide.
Intrapatient treatment response heterogeneity is under-recognized. Quantitative total bone imaging (QTBI) using […]
- Diagnosis and management of tropomyosin receptor kinase (TRK) fusion sarcomas: expert recommendations from the World Sarcoma Network.
Sarcomas are a heterogeneous group of malignancies with mesenchymal lineage differentiation. The […]
- Molecular profiling of neuroendocrine tumours to predict response and toxicity to peptide receptor radionuclide therapy.
Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) is a type of radiotherapy that targets […]
- Development of paediatric non-stage prognosticator guidelines for population-based cancer registries and updates to the 2014 Toronto Paediatric Cancer Stage Guidelines.
Population-based cancer registries (PBCRs) generate measures of cancer incidence and survival that […]
- The science of hope.
Hope is a contextual term that has different connotations depending on the […]
- Venetoclax plus obinutuzumab versus chlorambucil plus obinutuzumab for previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL14): follow-up results from a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.
Venetoclax plus obinutuzumab has been established as a fixed-duration treatment regimen for […]
- Durvalumab with first-line chemotherapy in previously untreated malignant pleural mesothelioma (DREAM): a multicentre, single-arm, phase 2 trial with a safety run-in.
There is a strong unmet need to improve systemic therapy in mesothelioma. […]
- Carboplatin plus etoposide versus topotecan as second-line treatment for patients with sensitive relapsed small-cell lung cancer: an open-label, multicentre, randomised, phase 3 trial.
Topotecan is currently the only drug approved in Europe in a second-line […]
- Apatinib in patients with advanced chordoma: a single-arm, single-centre, phase 2 study.
No standard treatment exists for advanced chordoma. Apatinib has been found to […]
- Turning up the heat on non-immunoreactive tumours: opportunities for clinical development.
Notable advances have been achieved in the treatment of cancer since the […]
- System for High-Intensity Evaluation During Radiation Therapy (SHIELD-RT): A Prospective Randomized Study of Machine Learning-Directed Clinical Evaluations During Radiation and Chemoradiation.
Patients undergoing outpatient radiotherapy (RT) or chemoradiation (CRT) frequently require acute care […]
- Capmatinib in MET Exon 14-Mutated or MET-Amplified Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
Among patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC), MET exon 14 skipping mutations […]
- KEAP1-driven co-mutations in lung adenocarcinoma unresponsive to immunotherapy despite high tumor mutational burden.
Immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) have demonstrated significant overall survival (OS) benefit in […]
- An FDA Analysis of Survival Outcomes Comparing an Adjuvant Paclitaxel and Trastuzumab Trial to an External Control from Historical Clinical Trials.
Although the Adjuvant Paclitaxel and Trastuzumab (APT) trial has been adopted clinically, […]
- Carfilzomib or bortezomib in combination with lenalidomide and dexamethasone for patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma without intention for immediate autologous stem-cell transplantation (ENDURANCE): a multicentre, open-label, phase 3, randomised, controlled trial.
Bortezomib, lenalidomide, and dexamethasone (VRd) is a standard therapy for newly diagnosed […]
- Veliparib with carboplatin and paclitaxel in BRCA-mutated advanced breast cancer (BROCADE3): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.
BRCA1 or BRCA2-mutated breast cancers are sensitive to poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitors […]
- Osimertinib versus platinum-pemetrexed for patients with EGFR T790M advanced NSCLC and progression on a prior EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitor: AURA3 overall survival analysis.
In AURA3 (NCT02151981), osimertinib, a third-generation epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) tyrosine […]
- Recommendations for the use of next-generation sequencing (NGS) for patients with metastatic cancers: A report from the ESMO Precision Medicine Working Group.
Next-generation sequencing (NGS) allows sequencing a high number of nucleotides in a […]
- Efficacy of Selpercatinib in RET-Altered Thyroid Cancers.
RET mutations occur in 70% of medullary thyroid cancers, and RET fusions […]
- Accelerated Partial-Breast Irradiation Compared With Whole-Breast Irradiation for Early Breast Cancer: Long-Term Results of the Randomized Phase III APBI-IMRT-Florence Trial.
To report the long-term results of external-beam accelerated partial-breast irradiation (APBI) intensity-modulated […]
- Randomized Comparison of Pazopanib and Doxorubicin as First-Line Treatment in Patients With Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcoma Age 60 Years or Older: Results of a German Intergroup Study.
Doxorubicin is a standard of care in patients with advanced, inoperable soft […]
- Patient-Centered Outcomes in ARIEL3, a Phase III, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Rucaparib Maintenance Treatment in Patients With Recurrent Ovarian Carcinoma.
To investigate quality-adjusted progression-free survival (QA-PFS) and quality-adjusted time without symptoms or […]
- Talazoparib versus chemotherapy in patients with germline BRCA1/2-mutated HER2-negative advanced breast cancer: final overall survival results from the EMBRACA trial.
In EMBRACA, talazoparib prolonged progression-free survival versus chemotherapy (hazard ratio [HR] 0.542 […]
- Phase III, Randomized Study of Dual Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Blockade With Lapatinib Plus Trastuzumab in Combination With an Aromatase Inhibitor in Postmenopausal Women With HER2-Positive, Hormone Receptor-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer: Updated Results of ALTERNATIVE.
Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) targeting plus endocrine therapy (ET) […]
- MILO/ENGOT-ov11: Binimetinib Versus Physician’s Choice Chemotherapy in Recurrent or Persistent Low-Grade Serous Carcinomas of the Ovary, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneum.
Low-grade serous ovarian carcinomas (LGSOCs) have historically low chemotherapy responses. Alterations affecting […]
- Randomized Phase II Trial of Nivolumab With Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy Versus Nivolumab Alone in Metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
The objective response rate (ORR) for single-agent anti-programmed death receptor 1 (anti-PD-1) […]
- Dabrafenib plus trametinib in patients with BRAFV600E-mutated biliary tract cancer (ROAR): a phase 2, open-label, single-arm, multicentre basket trial.
Effective treatments for patients with cholangiocarcinoma after progression on gemcitabine-based chemotherapy are […]
- Individual Patient Data Meta-Analysis of FOLFOXIRI Plus Bevacizumab Versus Doublets Plus Bevacizumab as Initial Therapy of Unresectable Metastatic Colorectal Cancer.
A proper estimation of the magnitude of the overall survival (OS) benefit […]
- Long-Term Outcomes of Laparoscopic Distal Gastrectomy for Locally Advanced Gastric Cancer: The KLASS-02-RCT Randomized Clinical Trial.
It is unclear whether laparoscopic distal gastrectomy for locally advanced gastric cancer […]
- Long term survival and local control outcomes from single dose targeted intraoperative radiotherapy during lumpectomy (TARGIT-IORT) for early breast cancer: TARGIT-A randomised clinical trial.
To determine whether risk adapted intraoperative radiotherapy, delivered as a single dose […]
- Children’s Oncology Group AALL0434: A Phase III Randomized Clinical Trial Testing Nelarabine in Newly Diagnosed T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
Nelarabine is effective in inducing remission in patients with relapsed and refractory […]
- TBCRC 030: A phase II study of preoperative cisplatin vs. paclitaxel in triple-negative breast cancer: evaluating the homologous recombination deficiency (HRD) biomarker.
Cisplatin and paclitaxel are active in triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC). Despite different […]
- Effect of mammographic screening from age 40 years on breast cancer mortality (UK Age trial): final results of a randomised, controlled trial.
The appropriate age range for breast cancer screening remains a matter of […]
- Oral THC:CBD cannabis extract for refractory chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV): a randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 2 crossover trial.
This multi-centre, randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, phase 2/3 trial is aimed to evaluate […]
- Switch Control Inhibition of KIT and PDGFRA in Patients With Advanced Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor: A Phase I Study of Ripretinib.
In advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST), there is an unmet need for […]
- Cost-Effectiveness of the International Late Effects of Childhood Cancer Guideline Harmonization Group Screening Guidelines to Prevent Heart Failure in Survivors of Childhood Cancer.
Survivors of childhood cancer treated with anthracyclines and/or chest-directed radiation are at […]