- Randomized phase 2 study of perampanel for sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
To evaluate the efficacy and safety of perampanel in patients with sporadic […]
- Traumatic brain injury fast-forwards Alzheimer’s pathology: evidence from amyloid positron emission tomorgraphy imaging.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) has been proposed as a risk factor for […]
- Paradigm shift in acute dizziness: is caloric testing obsolete?
Cold and warm water ear irrigation, also known as bithermal caloric testing, […]
- Optimizing the selection of Parkinson’s disease patients for neuromodulation using the levodopa challenge test.
In Parkinson’s disease (PD), early stages are associated with a good long-duration […]
- Serological response to SARS-CoV-2 vaccination in multiple sclerosis patients treated with fingolimod or ocrelizumab: an initial real-life experience.
Recent observations suggest a lack of humoral response after SARS-CoV-2 vaccination in […]
- Associations of longitudinal plasma p-tau181 and NfL with tau-PET, Aβ-PET and cognition.
To explore if changes over time of plasma phosphorylated tau (p-tau)181 and […]
- GFAP as a biomarker in frontotemporal dementia and primary psychiatric disorders: diagnostic and prognostic performance.
Frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD) and primary psychiatric disorders (PPD) are characterised by […]
- Multiple sclerosis: structural and functional integrity of the visual system following alemtuzumab therapy.
To investigate potential neuroprotective and pro-remyelinating effects of alemtuzumab in multiple sclerosis […]
- PML risk is the main factor driving the choice of discontinuing natalizumab in a large multiple sclerosis population: results from an Italian multicenter retrospective study.
Natalizumab (NTZ) is an effective treatment for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS). However, […]
- Prolonged distal motor latency of median nerve does not improve diagnostic accuracy for CIDP.
Compression of the median nerve at the carpal tunnel can give demyelinating […]
- Clinical outcome of CIDP one year after start of treatment: a prospective cohort study.
To assess clinical outcome in treatment-naive patients with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy […]
- Quantitative sensory testing and norepinephrine levels in REM sleep behaviour disorder – a clue to early peripheral autonomic and sensory dysfunction?
Studies have reported autonomic impairment in patients with idiopathic REM sleep behaviour […]
- Initial treatment strategy and clinical outcomes in Finnish MS patients: a propensity-matched study.
The optimal treatment strategy with disease-modifying therapies (DMTs) in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis […]
- An explanation for Terson syndrome at last: the glymphatic reflux theory.
Terson Syndrome (TS) describes the presence of intraocular hemorrhage in patients with […]
- Shorter visual aura characterizes young and middle-aged stroke patients with migraine with aura.
To identify the clinical profile and aura characteristics of patients with Migraine […]
- Visualisation of the non-linear correlation between age and poor outcome in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage.
To visualise the non-linear correlation between age and poor outcome at discharge […]
- Genotype-associated cerebellar profiles in ALS: focal cerebellar pathology and cerebro-cerebellar connectivity alterations.
Cerebellar disease burden and cerebro-cerebellar connectivity alterations are poorly characterised in amyotrophic […]
- Advances in the management of glioblastoma.
Glioblastoma (GB) is the most common and most malignant primary brain tumour […]
- Initiation of antidepressants in young adults after ischemic stroke: a registry-based follow-up study.
Data on post-stroke use of antidepressants in young individuals are scarce. We […]
- Prediagnosis epilepsy and survival in patients with glioma: a nationwide population-based cohort study from 2009 to 2018.
Considering that epilepsy is common, and knowledge is lacking on its role […]
- Safety and efficacy of occipital nerve stimulation for attack prevention in medically intractable chronic cluster headache (ICON): a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, phase 3, electrical dose-controlled trial.
Occipital nerve stimulation (ONS) has shown promising results in small uncontrolled trials […]
- Safety and efficacy of pioglitazone for the delay of cognitive impairment in people at risk of Alzheimer’s disease (TOMMORROW): a prognostic biomarker study and a phase 3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
The identification of people at risk of cognitive impairment is essential for […]
- Safety, efficacy, and tolerability of efgartigimod in patients with generalised myasthenia gravis (ADAPT): a multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.
There is an unmet need for treatment options for generalised myasthenia gravis […]
- Intracranial pressure monitoring in patients with acute brain injury in the intensive care unit (SYNAPSE-ICU): an international, prospective observational cohort study.
The indications for intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring in patients with acute brain […]
- Mitochondrial disease in adults: recent advances and future promise.
Mitochondrial diseases are some of the most common inherited neurometabolic disorders, and […]
- Progress towards therapies for disease modification in Parkinson’s disease.
The development of interventions to slow or halt the progression of Parkinson’s […]
- Evaluation of a new body-focused group therapy versus a guided self-help group program for adults with psychogenic non-epileptic seizures (PNES): a pilot randomized controlled feasibility study.
Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures (PNES), a common phenomenon in neurological settings, are regarded […]
- Long COVID: cognitive complaints (brain fog) and dysfunction of the cingulate cortex.
Many patients who have suffered from acute COVID infections have long-lasting symptoms […]
- What happens after fingolimod discontinuation? A multicentre real-life experience.
To analyse the course of multiple sclerosis (MS) after fingolimod withdrawal in […]
- 2021 MAGNIMS-CMSC-NAIMS consensus recommendations on the use of MRI in patients with multiple sclerosis.
The 2015 Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Multiple Sclerosis and 2016 Consortium of […]
- Mitochondrial genome variations are associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in patients from mainland China.
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a late-onset neurodegenerative disorder. Mitochondrial dysfunction is […]
- The impact of device-assisted therapies on the gut microbiome in Parkinson’s disease.
Microbiome feedbacks are proposed to influence Parkinson’s disease (PD) pathophysiology. A number […]
- Responder analysis for neuropathic impairment and quality-of-life assessment in patients with hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis with polyneuropathy in the NEURO-TTR study.
Hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis with polyneuropathy (ATTRv-PN) is a rare disease characterized by […]
- A systematic review of non-motor symptom evaluation in clinical trials for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is increasingly recognised as a multi-system disorder, presenting […]
- Efficacy of rituximab treatment in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Current standard treatment in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP) has been proved […]
- Morning light therapy in adults with Tourette’s disorder.
Sleep disturbance is common among individuals with Tourette’s Disorder (TD). Given that […]
- Global survey on disruption and mitigation of neurological services during COVID-19: the perspective of global international neurological patients and scientific associations.
The COVID-19 pandemic outbreak has dramatically disrupted healthcare systems. Two rapid WHO […]
- Novel selection paradigms for endovascular stroke treatment in the extended time window.
The optimal selection methodology for stroke thrombectomy beyond 6 hours remains to be […]
- Cryopyrin-associated periodic syndrome: a treatable genetic inflammatory condition.
A 20-year-old man presented with recurrent subdural haemorrhages on a background of […]
- Retinal imaging in Alzheimer’s disease.
Identifying biomarkers of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) will accelerate the understanding of its […]
- Chronobiology of transient global amnesia.
The etiology of transient global amnesia (TGA) is still a matter of […]
- Core cerebrospinal fluid biomarker profile in anti-LGI1 encephalitis.
To compare CSF biomarkers’ levels in patients suffering from anti-Leucine-rich Glioma-Inactivated 1 […]
- Diffusion-weighted imaging lesions and risk of recurrent stroke after intracerebral haemorrhage.
To determine whether the presence of diffusion-weighted imaging-positive (DWI+) lesions is associated […]
- Iatrogenic immune-mediated neuropathies: diagnostic, epidemiological and mechanistic uncertainties for causality and implications for clinical practice.
Acute and chronic immune-mediated neuropathies have been widely reported with medical intervention. […]
- Improving the efficacy of exome sequencing at a quaternary care referral centre: novel mutations, clinical presentations and diagnostic challenges in rare neurogenetic diseases.
We used a multimodal approach including detailed phenotyping, whole exome sequencing (WES) […]
- Intravenous immunoglobulin treatment for mild Guillain-Barré syndrome: an international observational study.
To compare the disease course in patients with mild Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) […]
- TNF-α inhibitors used as steroid-sparing maintenance monotherapy in parenchymal CNS sarcoidosis.
To assess the efficacy of tumour necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) inhibitors used as […]
- Use of plasma biomarkers for AT(N) classification of neurodegenerative dementias.
All categories included in the AT(N) classification can now be measured in […]
- Frequency and phenotype of thalamic aphasia.
Aphasia is a recognized presenting symptom of thalamic lesions. Little is known […]
- Altered mental status in COVID-19.
Altered mental status (AMS) is a common neurological manifestation of COVID-19 infection […]
- Comparison of the retinal vascular network and structure in patients with optic neuritis associated with myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein or aquaporin-4 antibodies: an optical coherence tomography angiography study.
To compare the retinal vascular network and structure of optic neuritis associated […]
- Neurology and neuropsychiatry of COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis of the early literature reveals frequent CNS manifestations and key emerging narratives.
There is accumulating evidence of the neurological and neuropsychiatric features of infection […]
- Sex-specific differences in presentations and determinants of outcomes after endovascular thrombectomy for large vessel occlusion stroke.
Sex-specific differences in ischemic stroke outcomes are prevalent. We sought to investigate […]
- The advances of post-stroke depression: 2021 update.
Post-stroke depression (PSD) is one of common and serious sequelae of stroke. […]
- Alterations of the structural covariance network in the hypothalamus of patients with cluster headache.
The hypothalamus is one of the key structures involved in the pathophysiology […]
- Multiverse to inform neurological research: an example using recovery outcome of neglect.
Multiverse analysis provides an ideal tool for understanding how inherent, yet ultimately […]
- Iatrogenic cerebral radiation necrosis.
Cerebral radiation necrosis is the most serious late reaction to high doses […]
- Iatrogenic cerebral radiation necrosis.
Cerebral radiation necrosis is the most serious late reaction to high doses […]
- Expanding the clinical and neuroimaging features of post-varicella arteriopathy of childhood.
Post-varicella arterial ischemic stroke (AIS) is considered an uncommon cause of pediatric […]
- Periorbital injections of botulinum toxin a: a novel therapeutic option for convergence spasm in neuropsychiatric disorders.
Convergence spasm (CS, spasm of near reflex) is characterized by transient attacks […]