- Early discrimination of cognitive motor dissociation from disorders of consciousness: pitfalls and clues.
Bedside assessment of consciousness and awareness after a severe brain injury might […]
- Gluten neuropathy: electrophysiological progression and HLA associations.
Gluten neuropathy (GN) is the term used to describe peripheral neuropathy that […]
- Diagnosis of depression in multiple sclerosis is predicted by frontal-parietal white matter tract disruption.
Persons with multiple sclerosis (PwMS) are at an elevated risk of depression. […]
- Changes in the EEG spectral power during dual-task walking with aging and Parkinson’s disease: initial findings using Event-Related Spectral Perturbation analysis.
The ability to maintain adequate motor-cognitive performance under increasing task demands depends […]
- Nerve ultrasound in hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis: red flags and possible progression biomarkers.
Diagnostic delay of hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis (ATTRv, v for variant) prevents timely […]
- Role of aquaporins in hydrocephalus: what do we know and where do we stand? A systematic review.
Glymphatic fluid circulation may be considered the lymphatic system of the brain […]
- Impaired naming performance in temporal lobe epilepsy: language fMRI responses are modulated by disease characteristics.
To investigate alterations of language networks and their relation to impaired naming […]
- Accuracy of death certificates for recording parkinsonian syndromes and associated dementia.
Death certification is often used to identify patients with certain diseases in […]
- Presentation outside office hours does not negatively influence treatment times for reperfusion therapy for acute ischemic stroke.
Treatment outside office hours has been associated with increased workflow times for […]
- Quality of life outcomes after globus pallidus internus deep brain stimulation in idiopathic or inherited isolated dystonia: a meta-analysis.
Several studies reported the beneficial effects of globus pallidus internus deep brain […]
- Sex and freezing of gait in Parkinson’s disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
It is unknown how sex affects the prevalence of freezing of gait […]
- Data-driven evolution of neurosurgical gene therapy delivery in Parkinson’s disease.
Loss of nigrostriatal dopaminergic projection neurons is a key pathology in Parkinson’s […]
- Occupational therapy consensus recommendations for functional neurological disorder.
People with functional neurological disorder (FND) are commonly seen by occupational therapists; […]
- Emotion recognition of morphed facial expressions in presymptomatic and symptomatic frontotemporal dementia, and Alzheimer’s dementia.
The emotion recognition task (ERT) was developed to overcome shortcomings of static […]
- An atlas on risk factors for multiple sclerosis: a Mendelian randomization study.
We conducted a systematic review and wide-angled Mendelian randomization (MR) study to […]
- Parity and disability progression in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
It is unclear whether parity and increasing parity are risk factors for […]
- Cholinergic nucleus 4 atrophy and gait impairment in Parkinson’s disease.
There is evidence that cortical cholinergic denervation contributes to gait and balance […]
- Cigarette smoking and risk of intracranial aneurysms in middle-aged women.
We previously reported a single-centre study demonstrating that smoking confers a six-fold […]
- Comparison of three video head impulse test systems for the diagnosis of bilateral vestibulopathy.
A horizontal vestibulo-ocular reflex gain (VOR gain) of Get PDF with LibKey […]
- Oxidative stress biomarkers in Fabry disease: is there a room for them?
Fabry disease (FD) is an X-linked lysosomal storage disorder, caused by deficient […]
- A global view of comorbidity in multiple sclerosis: a systematic review with a focus on regional differences, methodology, and clinical implications.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic autoimmune disorder of the central nervous […]
- Ocular lateral deviation with brief removal of visual fixation differentiates central from peripheral vestibular syndrome.
Ocular lateral deviation (OLD) is a conjugate, ipsilesional, horizontal ocular deviation associated […]
- Computerized clinical decision system and mobile application with expert support to optimize management of vertigo in primary care: study protocol for a pragmatic cluster-randomized controlled trial.
Vertigo and dizziness are amongst the most common symptoms in medicine and […]
- Direct thrombectomy for stroke in the presence of absolute exclusion criteria for thrombolysis.
Intravenous thrombolysis (IVT)-ineligible patients undergoing direct thrombectomy tended to have poorer functional […]
- Introducing the DizzyQuest: an app-based diary for vestibular disorders.
Most questionnaires currently used for assessing symptomatology of vestibular disorders are retrospective, […]
- Safety and efficacy of fluoxetine on functional outcome after acute stroke (AFFINITY): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
Trials of fluoxetine for recovery after stroke report conflicting results. The Assessment […]
- Spatial navigation in early multiple sclerosis: a neglected cognitive marker of the disease?
Cognitive deficits are common in early multiple sclerosis (MS), however, spatial navigation […]
- Emerging themes in idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH) is a rare disorder characterised by raised intracranial […]
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes in patients with traumatic brain injury in China: a prospective, multicentre, longitudinal, observational study.
Large-scale studies are required to better characterise traumatic brain injury (TBI) and […]
- Safety and efficacy of fluoxetine on functional recovery after acute stroke (EFFECTS): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
Studies have suggested that fluoxetine could improve neurological recovery after stroke. The […]
- Remyelination in multiple sclerosis: from basic science to clinical translation.
The treatment of multiple sclerosis has been transformed by the successful development […]
- Advances in understanding of Rett syndrome and MECP2 duplication syndrome: prospects for future therapies.
The X-linked gene encoding MECP2 is involved in two severe and complex […]
- Mental health and suicide in former professional soccer players.
There is growing recognition of an association between contact sports participation and […]
- The importance of physical activity to preserve hippocampal volume in people with multiple sclerosis: a structural MRI study.
There is scarce data as to the association between physical activity and […]
- The neuro-otology of Susac syndrome.
We characterised the clinical and neuro-otological characteristics of patients with Susac syndrome.The […]
- The specific pattern of retinal nerve fiber layer thinning in Parkinson’s disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
The peripapillar nerve fiber layer (pRNFL) thinning in different retinal quadrants or […]
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on acute stroke care.
There are concerns that the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak negatively affects […]
- Evidence-based prevention of Alzheimer’s disease: systematic review and meta-analysis of 243 observational prospective studies and 153 randomised controlled trials.
Evidence on preventing Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is challenging to interpret due to […]
- Antibodies against the node of Ranvier: a real-life evaluation of incidence, clinical features and response to treatment based on a prospective analysis of 1500 sera.
IgG4 antibodies against neurofascin (Nfasc155 and Nfasc140/186), contactin (CNTN1) and contactin-associated protein […]
- Motor-evoked potentials in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: potential implications in detecting subclinical UMN involvement in lower motor neuron phenotype.
In amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), the involvement of lower motor neuron is […]
- Liver transplantation in mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalomyopathy (MNGIE): clinical long-term follow-up and pathogenic implications.
We report the longest follow-up of clinical and biochemical features of two […]
- Frequency of fatigue and its changes in the first 6 months after traumatic brain injury: results from the CENTER-TBI study.
Fatigue is one of the most commonly reported subjective symptoms following traumatic […]
- Prodromal Parkinson disease in patients with idiopathic hyposmia.
Idiopathic hyposmia (IH) is a prodromal marker of Parkinson disease (PD). However, […]
- Cerebrospinal fluid opening pressure in clinical practice – a prospective study.
Measurement of CSF opening pressure (CSFOP) is valuable and much used in […]
- 24-h polysomnographic recordings and electrophysiological spectral analyses from a cohort of patients with chronic disorders of consciousness.
Fourteen patients with severe brain injuries and chronic disorders of consciousness underwent […]
- Use of a symptom-based questionnaire to screen for the presence of significant voiding dysfunction in patients with multiple sclerosis and lower urinary tract symptoms: a pilot study.
Lower urinary tract dysfunction is common in people with multiple sclerosis, leading […]
- Functional positional eye and eyelid movements.
Positional manoeuvres are an important part of the neurological examination, particularly in patients […]
- Wake-up stroke: imaging-based diagnosis and recanalization therapy.
Wake-up stroke (WUS) is a subgroup of ischemic stroke in which patients […]
- Pattern of paresis in ALS is consistent with the physiology of the corticomotoneuronal projections to different muscle groups.
A recent neuroanatomical staging scheme of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) indicates that […]
- Development and validation of a classification algorithm to diagnose and differentiate spontaneous episodic vertigo syndromes: results from the DizzyReg patient registry.
Spontaneous episodic vertigo syndromes, namely vestibular migraine (VM) and Menière’s disease (MD), […]
- Nabiximols discontinuation rate in a large population of patients with multiple sclerosis: a 18-month multicentre study.
Delta-δ-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol (THC:CBD) oromucosal spray is used as an add-on therapy […]
- Behr syndrome and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in a family with a novel UCHL1 deletion.
Behr syndrome is a clinically distinct, but genetically heterogeneous disorder characterized by […]
- VOLT: a novel open-source pipeline for automatic segmentation of endolymphatic space in inner ear MRI.
Objective and volumetric quantification is a necessary step in the assessment and […]
- Telling friend from foe in emergency vertigo and dizziness: does season and daytime of presentation help in the differential diagnosis?
Distinguishing between serious (e.g., stroke) and benign (e.g., benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, […]
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation as an alternative therapy for stroke with spasticity: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) and intermittent theta-burst stimulation (iTBS) can be […]
- The DizzyQuest: to have or not to have… a vertigo attack?
The DizzyQuest, an app-based vestibular diary, provides the opportunity to capture the […]
- Multimodal MRI for MRgFUS in essential tremor: post-treatment radiological markers of clinical outcome.
MRI-guided focused ultrasound (MRgFUS) thalamotomy is a promising non-invasive treatment option for […]
- Performance validity test failure in clinical populations-a systematic review.
Performance validity tests (PVTs) are widely used in attempts to quantify effort […]
- Early functional MRI changes in a prodromal semantic variant of primary progressive aphasia: a longitudinal case report.
To assess longitudinal patterns of brain functional MRI (fMRI) activity in a […]
- Apathy, but not depression, predicts all-cause dementia in cerebral small vessel disease.
To determine whether apathy or depression predicts all-cause dementia in small vessel […]