- Long-term psychosocial outcome following mild traumatic brain injury and minor stroke: a direct longitudinal comparison.
Research suggests comparable long-term psychosocial outcomes following mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) […]
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging and its role in the investigation of stroke: an update.
Recent advances in complementary diagnostic exams have helped to clarify stroke etiology, […]
- Olfactory impairment as an early marker of Parkinson’s disease in REM sleep behaviour disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Olfactory impairment and rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder (RBD) are prodromal […]
- Effect of lateral therapy switches to oral moderate-efficacy drugs in multiple sclerosis: a nationwide cohort study.
Switching between first-line disease-modifying therapies in patients with clinically stable relapsing-remitting multiple […]
- Decreased inflammatory cytokine production of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells in NMDA receptor encephalitis.
Anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate-receptor (NMDAR) encephalitis is the most common autoimmune encephalitis with psychosis, amnesia, […]
- Comparison of eight prehospital stroke scales to detect intracranial large-vessel occlusion in suspected stroke (PRESTO): a prospective observational study.
Due to the time-sensitive effect of endovascular treatment, rapid prehospital identification of […]
- Higher midlife CAIDE score is associated with increased brain atrophy in a cohort of cognitively healthy middle-aged individuals.
Structural brain changes associated with Alzheimer’s disease (AD) can occur decades before […]
- Head tremor and pain in cervical dystonia.
Although head tremor (HT) and pain are prevalent in cervical dystonia (CD), […]
- Effect of melatonin supplementation on sleep quality: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
The Present study was conducted to systematically review the effect of the […]
- Expanding the clinical spectrum of STIP1 homology and U-box containing protein 1-associated ataxia.
STUB1 has been first associated with autosomal recessive (SCAR16, MIM# 615768) and […]
- Longitudinal cognitive and functional changes in primary progressive aphasia.
The variants of primary progressive aphasia (PPA) are predominantly diagnosed on the […]
- Impact of comorbid Sjögren syndrome in anti-aquaporin-4 antibody-positive neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.
Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders (NMOSD) are autoimmune neurological diseases of the central […]
- A critical review of the pharmacological treatment of REM sleep behavior disorder in adults: time for more and larger randomized placebo-controlled trials.
Rapid Eye Movement sleep behavior disorder (RBD) is a parasomnia causing sufferers […]
- Wearables in the home-based assessment of abnormal movements in Parkinson’s disease: a systematic review of the literature.
At present, the standard practices for home-based assessments of abnormal movements in […]
- Effect of familial clustering in the genetic screening of 235 French ALS families.
To determine whether the familial clustering of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) cases […]
- Effect of erenumab on functional outcomes in patients with episodic migraine in whom 2-4 preventives were not useful: results from the LIBERTY study.
To evaluate the effect of erenumab on patient-reported, functional outcomes in patients […]
- Differential effects of sex on longitudinal patterns of cognitive decline in Parkinson’s disease.
Cognitive impairment is an important and diverse symptom of Parkinson’s disease (PD). […]
- Cortical progression patterns in individual ALS patients across multiple timepoints: a mosaic-based approach for clinical use.
The majority of imaging studies in ALS infer group-level imaging signatures from […]
- Accuracy of non-guided versus ultrasound-guided injections in cervical muscles: a cadaver study.
The col-cap concept encouraged neurologists to inject a large group of muscles […]
- Are some patient-perceived migraine triggers simply early manifestations of the attack?
To study the agreement between self-reported trigger factors and early premonitory symptoms […]
- Suicidal ideation in early-onset Parkinson’s disease.
Patients with early-onset Parkinson’s disease (EOPD) often suffer from more frequent depression […]
- Social support is linked to mental health, quality of life, and motor function in multiple sclerosis.
To investigate associations of social support to psychological well-being, cognition, and motor […]
- Early apixaban therapy after ischemic stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation.
The optimal timing of anticoagulation after stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation […]
- Pre-procedural predictive factors of symptomatic intracranial hemorrhage after thrombectomy in stroke.
Symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage (sICH) is a common complication of acute ischemic stroke […]
- Clinical practice guidelines in idiopathic facial paralysis: systematic review using the appraisal of guidelines for research and evaluation (AGREE II) instrument.
Bell’s palsy, or idiopathic facial paralysis, is a peripheral facial palsy of […]
- Effects of a 12-week combined aerobic and strength training program in ambulatory patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a randomized controlled trial.
To compare the effectiveness of a combined aerobic, strength, and flexibility training […]
- Biochemical markers for severity and risk in GBA and LRRK2 Parkinson’s disease.
The phenotype of Parkinson’s disease (PD) is variable with mutations in genes […]
- Development of new outcome measures for adult SMA type III and IV: a multimodal longitudinal study.
The aim of this study was the comprehensive characterisation of longitudinal clinical, […]
- Migraine in transient global amnesia: a meta-analysis of observational studies.
PURPOSE: Although many studies have investigated the relationship between transient global amnesia […]
- The changing landscape of optic neuritis: a narrative review.
Optic neuritis (ON) is an inflammatory optic neuropathy that is often a […]
- Superficial siderosis of the central nervous system associated with ventral dural defects: bleeding from the epidural venous plexus.
Superficial siderosis of the central nervous system is a rare intractable disease […]
- Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio: a marker of neuro-inflammation in multiple sclerosis?
The significance of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio (NLR) has been explored in different diseases. […]
- Comparison of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antibody assays using live or fixed substrates.
The diagnostic criteria for N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antibody (NMDAR-Ab) encephalitis require the presence […]
- Effect of cognitive reserve on structural and functional MRI measures in healthy subjects: a multiparametric assessment.
Cognitive reserve (CR) contributes to inter-individual variability of cognitive performance and to […]
- Subtyping relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis using structural MRI.
Subtyping relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) patients may help predict disease progression and […]
- Hearing loss versus vestibular loss as contributors to cognitive dysfunction.
In the last 5 years, there has been a surge in evidence that […]
- Acetylcholine receptor antibody positivity rate in ocular myasthenia gravis: a matter of age?
Anti-acetylcholine receptor antibodies (AChR Abs) are detected in 85% of myasthenia gravis […]
- COVID-19 in children with neuromuscular disorders.
Children with neuromuscular disorders have been assumed to be a particularly vulnerable […]
- Effects of intratympanic gentamicin and intratympanic glucocorticoids in Ménière’s disease: a network meta-analysis.
Intratympanic therapies, usually including glucocorticoid and gentamicin, are becoming worldwide used in […]
- Parameters for subthalamic deep brain stimulation in patients with dystonia: a systematic review.
Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is used for treating dystonia, commonly targeting the […]
- Characterization of gait variability in multiple system atrophy and Parkinson’s disease.
Gait impairment is a pivotal feature of parkinsonian syndromes and increased gait […]
- Beta-synuclein in cerebrospinal fluid as an early diagnostic marker of Alzheimer’s disease.
Synaptic loss plays a major role in Alzheimer’s disease (AD). However so […]
- Antiglycolipid antibodies in Guillain-Barré and Fisher syndromes: discovery, current status and future perspective.
Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) and Fisher syndrome (FS) are acute autoimmune neuropathies, often […]
We present the clinical case of a woman suffering from CLIPPERS syndrome […]
- Refractory CIDP with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia responding to chemoimmunotherapy.
Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) has a variable clinical course with 15% […]
- Black blood imaging of intracranial vessel walls.
Traditional vascular imaging focuses on non-invasive cross-sectional imaging to assess luminal morphology; […]
- Endovascular stroke treatment in orally anticoagulated patients: an analysis from the German Stroke Registry-Endovascular Treatment.
Endovascular treatment (ET) in orally anticoagulated (OAC) patients has not been evaluated […]
- Neurological update: use of cardiac troponin in patients with stroke.
Cardiac troponin is a specific and sensitive biomarker to identify and quantify […]
- Brainstem and cerebellar involvement in MOG-IgG-associated disorder versus aquaporin-4-IgG and MS.
To determine the frequency and characteristics of brainstem or cerebellar involvement in […]
- Measuring optokinetic after-nystagmus: potential for detecting patients with signs of visual dependence following concussion.
Concussed patients with chronic symptoms commonly report dizziness during exposure to environments […]
- One nerve suffices: A clinically guided nerve ultrasound protocol for the differentiation of multifocal motor neuropathy (MMN) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
To investigate diagnostic accuracy of a nerve ultrasound (US) protocol that is […]
- The sleep and circadian problems of Huntington’s disease: when, why and their importance.
Mounting evidence supports the existence of an important feedforward cycle between sleep […]
- Portable fixed dynamometry: towards remote muscle strength measurements in patients with motor neuron disease.
We aimed to determine (1) the test-retest reliability of a newly developed […]
- Prognostication and contemporary management of clinically isolated syndrome.
Clinically isolated syndrome (CIS) patients present with a single attack of inflammatory […]
- Medical treatment of SUNCT and SUNA: a prospective open-label study including single-arm meta-analysis.
The management of short-lasting unilateral neuralgiform headache attacks with conjunctival injection and […]
- The influence of timing of surgical decompression for acute spinal cord injury: a pooled analysis of individual patient data.
Although there is a strong biological rationale for early decompression of the […]
- Safety and efficacy of riluzole in patients undergoing decompressive surgery for degenerative cervical myelopathy (CSM-Protect): a multicentre, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomised, phase 3 trial.
Degenerative cervical myelopathy represents the most common form of non-traumatic spinal cord […]
- Randomized Trial of Focused Ultrasound Subthalamotomy for Parkinson’s Disease.
The subthalamic nucleus is the preferred neurosurgical target for deep-brain stimulation to […]
- Levodopa-carbidopa intrajejunal infusion in Parkinson’s disease: untangling the role of age.
Levodopa-Carbidopa Intrajejunal gel (LCIG) infusion is an effective intervention for people with […]
- The role of diet in secondary stroke prevention.
Poor quality diet and nutrition is strongly associated with risk of first […]