- Peripheral nerve blocks for headache disorders.
Headache is a common neurological referral and a frequent cause for acute […]
- Neurolymphomatosis: a single-center experience of neuromuscular manifestations, treatments, and outcomes.
Neurolymphomatosis (NL) is a disease characterized by the infiltration of malignant lymphocytes […]
- Serum neurofilament light chain as outcome marker for intensive care unit patients.
Neurofilament light chain (NfL) in serum indicates neuro-axonal damage in diseases of […]
- Location of intracranial aneurysms is the main factor associated with rupture in the ICAN population.
The ever-growing availability of imaging led to increasing incidentally discovered unruptured intracranial […]
- Bobble-head doll syndrome with supra-sellar arachnoid cyst.
A 19-year-old woman reported progressively worsening involuntary head movements since the age […]
- CSF sphingomyelin: a new biomarker of demyelination in the diagnosis and management of CIDP and GBS.
To validate sphingomyelin (SM) dosage in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of patients […]
- Late-onset riboflavin transporter deficiency: a treatable mimic of various motor neuropathy aetiologies.
Riboflavin transporter deficiencies (RTDs), involving SLC52A3 and SLC52A2 genes, have recently been […]
- Study on sleep-wake disorders in patients with genetic and non-genetic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
To study the frequency and clinical features of sleep disturbances in amyotrophic […]
- The course of multiple sclerosis rewritten: a Norwegian population-based study on disease demographics and progression.
Over the past few decades, there has been an improvement in the […]
- Nationwide population-based incidence and etiologies of pediatric and adult Horner syndrome.
To determine age- and sex-specific incidence and possible etiologies of pediatric and […]
- Biomarkers in functional movement disorders: a systematic review.
Functional movement disorders (FMD) are proposed to reflect a specific problem with […]
- Trauma and depressive symptomatology in middle-aged persons at high risk of dementia: the PREVENT Dementia Study.
Depression and trauma are associated with changes in brain regions implicated in […]
- Contributions of T cells in multiple sclerosis: what do we currently know?
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a complex autoimmune disorder characterized by neurologic dysfunction. […]
- 18F-FDOPA-PET in pseudotumoral brain lesions.
3,4-Dihydroxy-6-[18F]-fluoro-L-phenylalanine (FDOPA) positron emission tomography (PET) is sensitive for identifying primary brain […]
- Increasing cancer risk over calendar year in people with multiple sclerosis: a case-control study.
Data on cancer prevalence and incidence in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients are […]
- Mild cognitive impairment with Lewy bodies: blood perfusion with arterial spin labelling.
To use arterial spin labelling to investigate differences in perfusion in mild […]
- iNPH with parkinsonism: response to lumbar CSF drainage and ventriculoperitoneal shunting.
To evaluate clinical response after external lumbar drainage (ELD) and ventriculoperitoneal shunting […]
- Digital biomarkers can highlight subtle clinical differences in radiologically isolated syndrome compared to healthy controls.
To explore the use of digital biomarkers to distinguish healthy controls (HC) […]
- MRI-visible perivascular spaces as an imaging biomarker in Fabry disease.
Fabry disease (FD) is an X-linked lysosomal storage disorder resulting in vascular […]
- Exacerbation of myasthenia gravis following corticosteroid treatment: what is the evidence? A systematic review.
Corticosteroids (CS) are among the most widely- used immunosuppressive agents for immune-mediated […]
- Comparison between deep brain stimulation and magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound in the treatment of essential tremor: a systematic review and pooled analysis of functional outcomes.
The current gold standard surgical treatment for medication-resistant essential tremor (ET) is […]
- Clinical effectiveness of different natalizumab interval dosing schedules in a large Italian population of patients with multiple sclerosis.
Natalizumab (NTZ) is one of the most effective treatment options for multiple […]
- Cognition and behaviour in frontotemporal dementia with and without amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
The precise relationship between frontotemporal dementia (FTD) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) […]
- Brain imaging abnormalities and outcome after acute ischaemic stroke: the ENCHANTED trial.
To test the hypothesis that imaging signs of ‘brain frailty’ and acute […]
- Autoimmune cortical encephalitis in two children with anti-myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (MOG) antibody.
Anti-myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein antibodies (anti-MOG), directed against a component of the myelin […]
- Sexual function, intimate relationships and Friedreich ataxia.
Sexual dysfunction (SD) is reported in neurological conditions similar to Friedreich ataxia […]
- Quantitative 1H and 23Na muscle MRI in Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy patients.
Our aim was to assess the role of quantitative 1H and 23Na […]
- Cognitive evaluation in cerebral small vessel disease: towards an evidence-based identification of the reference standards. Part 1. A systematic review and qualitative data synthesis.
Cerebral small vessel disease (cSVD) is a leading cause of cognitive impairment […]
- Interoception and embodiment in patients with bilateral vestibulopathy.
There are tight functional and anatomical links between the vestibular and interoceptive […]
- Vestibular disorders: clinician ENT perspective on the need for research and innovation.
Vertigo and dizziness are a frequent reason for medical consultation. However, diagnostic […]
- Vestibular rehabilitation in Europe: a survey of clinical and research practice.
Vestibular rehabilitation (VR) is practiced across Europe but little in this area […]
- Anti-Aβ agents for mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease: systematic review and meta-analysis.
To assess the efficacy and safety of Aβ-targeting agents for mild to […]
- Association of Receipt of Palliative Care Interventions With Health Care Use, Quality of Life, and Symptom Burden Among Adults With Chronic Noncancer Illness: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
The evidence for palliative care exists predominantly for patients with cancer. The […]
- Serum IgG anti-GD1a antibody and mEGOS predict outcome in Guillain-Barré syndrome.
Approximately 15%-20% of patients with Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) are unable to walk […]
- Therapeutic plasma exchange vs conventional treatment with intravenous high dose steroid for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders (NMOSD): a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Therapeutic plasma exchanges (TPE) has been recommended for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders […]
- Oophorectomy in NMDA receptor encephalitis and negative pelvic imaging.
Ovarian teratomas are found in one-third of females presenting with anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor […]
- Diffusion imaging in Huntington’s disease: comprehensive review.
Huntington’s disease (HD) is a monogenic disorder with 100% penetrance. With the […]
- Deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in obsessive-compulsives disorders: long-term follow-up of an open, prospective, observational cohort.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a major cause of disability in western country […]
- Bilateral vestibulopathy: beyond imbalance and oscillopsia.
To optimize the current diagnostic and treatment procedures for patients with bilateral […]
- Pallidal deep brain stimulation in primary Meige syndrome: clinical outcomes and psychiatric features.
To study the efficacy and safety of bilateral globus pallidus internus deep […]
- An observational cohort study on impact, dimensions and outcome of perceived fatigue in adult 5q-spinal muscular atrophy patients receiving nusinersen treatment.
Efficacy of nusinersen in adult 5q-spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) patients regarding motor […]
- Seizures associated with antibodies against cell surface antigens are acute symptomatic and not indicative of epilepsy: insights from long-term data.
Clinicians have questioned whether any disorder involving seizures and neural antibodies should […]
- Cardiogenic vertigo: characteristics and proposed diagnostic criteria.
Early identification of cardiogenic vertigo (CV) is necessary to prevent serious complications […]
- Spinal cord stimulation therapy for gait dysfunction in progressive supranuclear palsy patients.
There are no effective symptomatic treatments for progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP). Recent […]
- Recent progress in maintenance treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.
Treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD) has so far been based […]
- Carotid web: an occult mechanism of embolic stroke.
The carotid web is a proposed stroke mechanism that may underlie cryptogenic […]
- Orthostatic hearing loss: audiovestibular manifestations of spontaneous intracranial hypotension.
A 36-year-old woman with severe postural headaches caused by spontaneous intracranial hypotension […]
- Huntington’s disease-like 2: a phenocopy not to miss.
A 67-year-old Brazilian man of African ancestry and his 60-year-old sister both […]
- Big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence: a neurologist’s guide.
Modern clinical practice requires the integration and interpretation of ever-expanding volumes of […]
- Five men with arresting and relapsing cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy.
X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) is the most common genetic peroxisomal disorder with an […]
- Action fluency identifies different sex, age, global cognition, executive function and brain activation profile in non-demented patients with Parkinson’s disease.
Patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD) have difficulties processing action words, which could […]
- Efficacy and safety of long-term immunotherapy in adult patients with MOG antibody disease: a systematic analysis.
To summarise the evidence of the efficacy and safety of current long-term […]
- Unusual electrophysiological findings in a Chinese ALS 4 family with SETX-L389S mutation: a three-year follow-up.
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis type 4 (ALS4) is a familial form of ALS […]
- Cricopharyngeal bar on videofluoroscopy: high specificity for inclusion body myositis.
To determine the prevalence and characteristics of the cricopharyngeal bar (CPB), defined […]
- A NOTCH3 homozygous nonsense mutation in familial Sneddon syndrome with pediatric stroke.
Sneddon syndrome is a rare disorder affecting small and medium-sized blood vessels […]
- Mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalopathy disease (MNGIE).
Mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalopathy (MNGIE) is a rare autosomal recessive condition. Deficiency of […]
- Association between stroke lesions and videofluoroscopic findings in acute stroke patients.
We aimed to assess stroke lesions, which play a key role in […]
- Kinematic but not clinical measures predict falls in Parkinson-related orthostatic hypotension.
We sought to test the hypothesis that technology could predict the risk […]
- Craniectomy for acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.
A 17-year-old girl underwent emergency bifrontal craniectomy for severely raised intracranial pressure […]
- Amyloid PET imaging in clinical practice.
Amyloid positron emission tomography (PET) imaging enables in vivo detection of brain […]