- Clinical presentation and autonomic profile in Ross syndrome.
Ross syndrome is a rare disorder characterized by tonic pupils, hyporeflexia, and […]
- A de novo STUB1 variant associated with an early adult-onset multisystemic ataxia phenotype.
Biallelic STUB1 variants are a well-established cause of autosomal-recessive early-onset multisystemic ataxia […]
- Association of serum neurofilament light chain levels with clinicopathology of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, including NF155 reactive patients.
To clarify whether serum neurofilament light chains (NfLs) serve as a biomarker […]
- Management considerations for stroke-like episodes in MELAS with concurrent COVID-19 infection.
There have been considerations since the beginning of the Coronavirus pandemic that […]
- The diagnostic value of the neurological examination in coma of unknown etiology.
Identifying the cause of non-traumatic coma in the emergency department is challenging. […]
- The Impact of Traumatic Brain Injury on Neurocognitive Outcomes in Children: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
To assess the burden of paediatric traumatic brain injury (TBI) on neurocognition […]
- A systematic review and meta-analyses on the prevalence of pregnancy outcomes in migraine treated patients: a contribution from the IMI2 ConcePTION project.
The present study aims to summarize the safety profile of the medications […]
- Home video EEG telemetry.
Long-term electroencephalogram monitoring is often used to help distinguish epileptic from dissociative […]
- Long-term analysis of patients with benign multiple sclerosis: new insights about the disability course.
To describe the course of disability in patients with benign multiple sclerosis-i.e., […]
- Prognostic predictors relevant to end-of-life palliative care in Parkinson’s disease and related disorders: a systematic review.
Parkinson’s disease and related disorders (PDRD) are the second most common neurodegenerative […]
- Variants of the circle of Willis in ischemic stroke patients.
We aim to provide prevalence and pattern of anatomical variants of circle […]
- Grey matter abnormality in progressive multifocal leucoencephalopathy.
Progressive multifocal leucoencephalopathy (PML) is a demyelinating white matter disease that most […]
- Impact of a frequent nearsplice SOD1 variant in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: optimising SOD1 genetic screening for gene therapy opportunities.
Mutations in superoxide dismutase 1 gene (SOD1), encoding copper/zinc superoxide dismutase protein, […]
- Intracranial arterial stenosis in Caucasian versus Chinese patients with TIA and minor stroke: two contemporaneous cohorts and a systematic review.
Intracranial arterial stenosis (ICAS) is an important cause of stroke worldwide. Separate […]
- Linear brain atrophy measures in multiple sclerosis and clinically isolated syndromes: a 30-year follow-up.
To determine 30-year brain atrophy rates following clinically isolated syndromes and the […]
- MRI correlates of cognitive improvement after home-based EEG neurofeedback training in patients with multiple sclerosis: a pilot study.
Neurofeedback training may improve cognitive function in patients with neurological disorders. However, […]
- Myoedema with pseudohypertrophic hypothyroid myopathy (Hoffman’s syndrome).
Myoedema is an under-recognised neurological sign that can help the bedside diagnosis […]
- Coping strategies among amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patients: an integrative review.
To identify coping strategies used by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patients.Integrative literature […]
- Opsoclonus-myoclonus-ataxia syndrome in children.
Opsoclonus-myoclonus-ataxia syndrome is a rare neuroimmunologic disorder typically presenting in previously healthy […]
- Genetic basis of lacunar stroke: a pooled analysis of individual patient data and genome-wide association studies.
The genetic basis of lacunar stroke is poorly understood, with a single […]
- Long-term outcomes and prognostic factors in generalized myasthenia gravis.
This study aimed to investigate the timing of meeting the criteria for […]
- Neurophysiological and ophthalmological findings of SPG7-related spastic ataxia: a phenotype study in an Irish cohort.
Mutations in SPG7 are increasingly identified as a common cause of spastic […]
- Do arachnoid cysts grow? A retrospective volumetric study.
Arachnoid cysts (ACs) are frequent incidental findings and may be associated with […]
- The impact of anti-CGRP monoclonal antibodies in resistant migraine patients: a real-world evidence observational study.
To evaluate the frequency and headache-related impact response to monoclonal antibodies against […]
- Parvovirus B19 and mumps virus antibodies are major constituents of the intrathecal immune response in European patients with MS and increase the diagnostic sensitivity and discriminatory power of the MRZ reaction.
A positive MRZ reaction, as defined by intrathecal IgG production against at […]
- Progression characteristics of the European Friedreich’s Ataxia Consortium for Translational Studies (EFACTS): a 4-year cohort study.
The European Friedreich’s Ataxia Consortium for Translational Studies (EFACTS) investigates the natural […]
- Targeted sequencing panels in Italian ALS patients support different etiologies in the ALS/FTD continuum.
5-10% of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patients presented a positive family history […]
- Rate of change in acetylcholine receptor antibody levels predicts myasthenia gravis outcome.
To investigate the association between changes in anti-acetylcholine receptor antibody (AChR Ab) […]
- Aspirin versus anticoagulation in cervical artery dissection (TREAT-CAD): an open-label, randomised, non-inferiority trial.
Cervical artery dissection is a major cause of stroke in young people […]
- Efficacy and safety of perampanel in refractory and super-refractory status epilepticus: cohort study of 81 patients and literature review.
The effective dose of perampanel in status epilepticus (SE), refractory SE (RSE), […]
- Diagnostic value of video-oculography in progressive supranuclear palsy: a controlled study in 100 patients.
The eponymous feature of progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP) is oculomotor impairment which […]
- Onasemnogene abeparvovec gene therapy for symptomatic infantile-onset spinal muscular atrophy in patients with two copies of SMN2 (STR1VE): an open-label, single-arm, multicentre, phase 3 trial.
Spinal muscular atrophy type 1 is a motor neuron disorder resulting in […]
- Second intravenous immunoglobulin dose in patients with Guillain-Barré syndrome with poor prognosis (SID-GBS): a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial.
Treatment with one standard dose (2 g/kg) of intravenous immunoglobulin is insufficient […]
- Sleep disturbance in movement disorders: insights, treatments and challenges.
Sleep and circadian rhythm disturbances are central features of many movement disorders, […]
- Small vessel disease burden and intracerebral haemorrhage in patients taking oral anticoagulants.
We investigated the contribution of small vessel disease (SVD) to anticoagulant-associated intracerebral […]
- The cerebellar cognitive affective syndrome scale reveals early neuropsychological deficits in SCA3 patients.
The cerebellar cognitive affective syndrome scale (CCAS-S) was recently developed to detect […]
- Blood neurofilament light concentration at admittance: a potential prognostic marker in COVID-19.
To test the hypotheses that blood biomarkers for nervous system injury, serum […]
- Development of imaging-based risk scores for prediction of intracranial haemorrhage and ischaemic stroke in patients taking antithrombotic therapy after ischaemic stroke or transient ischaemic attack: a pooled analysis of individual patient data from cohort studies.
Balancing the risks of recurrent ischaemic stroke and intracranial haemorrhage is important […]
- Epilepsy in China: major progress in the past two decades.
China has approximately 10 million people with epilepsy. There is a vast […]
- Ratio of urinary N-terminal titin fragment to urinary creatinine is a novel biomarker for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
We aimed to investigate the validity of urinary N-terminal titin fragment as […]
- Wallerian degeneration as a mimic of recurrence of myelitis.
A middle-aged woman with idiopathic longitudinally extensive myelitis underwent repeat MR scan […]
- Factors associated with time to independent walking recovery post-stroke.
Past studies have inconsistently identified factors associated with independent walking post-stroke. We […]
- Neuroinflammation predicts disease progression in progressive supranuclear palsy.
In addition to tau pathology and neuronal loss, neuroinflammation occurs in progressive […]
- Decade of progress in motor functional neurological disorder: continuing the momentum.
Functional neurological disorder (FND) is a prevalent, disabling and costly condition at […]
- MRI data-driven algorithm for the diagnosis of behavioural variant frontotemporal dementia.
Structural brain imaging is paramount for the diagnosis of behavioural variant of […]
- Donanemab in Early Alzheimer’s Disease.
A hallmark of Alzheimer’s disease is the accumulation of amyloid-β (Aβ) peptide. […]
- Correlates of the discrepancy between objective and subjective cognitive functioning in non-demented patients with Parkinson’s disease.
Subjective complaints of cognitive deficits are not necessarily consistent with objective evidence […]
- Sympathetic and sensory nerve fiber function in multiple system atrophy and idiopathic Parkinson’s disease.
To explore small fiber somatosensory and sympathetic function in PD and MSA.We […]
- NOTCH3 variants are more common than expected in the general population and associated with stroke and vascular dementia: an analysis of 200 000 participants.
Cysteine-altering NOTCH3 variants identical to those causing the rare monogenic form of […]
- Fall prediction in neurological gait disorders: differential contributions from clinical assessment, gait analysis, and daily-life mobility monitoring.
To evaluate the predictive validity of multimodal clinical assessment outcomes and quantitative […]
- Impact of previous disease-modifying treatment on effectiveness and safety outcomes, among patients with multiple sclerosis treated with alemtuzumab.
Alemtuzumab is effective in patients with active multiple sclerosis but has a […]
- Intravenous immunoglobulin response in new-onset refractory status epilepticus (NORSE) COVID-19 adult patients.
Neurological manifestations may be common in COVID-19 patients. They may include several […]
- Limbic hypoconnectivity in idiopathic REM sleep behaviour disorder with impulse control disorders.
Current neuroimaging research has revealed several brain alterations in idiopathic REM sleep […]
- Diffusion tensor imaging analysis in three progressive supranuclear palsy variants.
Clinical variants of progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP) include the classic Richardson’s syndrome […]
- Eye movement alterations in presymptomatic C9orf72 expansion gene carriers.
The clinical manifestation of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is characterized by motor […]
- New pathogenic variants in COQ4 cause ataxia and neurodevelopmental disorder without detectable CoQ10 deficiency in muscle or skin fibroblasts.
COQ4 is a component of an enzyme complex involved in the biosynthesis […]
- Prognostic models for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a systematic review.
Increasing prognostic models for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) have been developed. However, […]
- Cognitive and behavioral profile of progressive supranuclear palsy and its phenotypes.
Although several progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP) phenotypes have recently been described, studies […]
- Brain structural alterations in MOG antibody diseases: a comparative study with AQP4 seropositive NMOSD and MS.
Brain structural alterations and their clinical significance of myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein antibody […]
- DRB1-environment interactions in multiple sclerosis etiology: results from two Swedish case-control studies.
We aimed to investigate the influence of environmental risk factors for multiple […]