- Carotid atherosclerosis in virologically suppressed HIV patients: comparison with a healthy sample and prediction by cardiovascular risk equations.
To compare the prevalence of carotid atherosclerosis in virologically suppressed HIV patients […]
- Impact of Integrase inhibitors and tenofovir alafenamide on weight gain in people with HIV.
Obesity is increasing in people with HIV (PWH). This review aims to […]
- Recent advances in HIV-associated chronic lung disease clinical research.
To highlight recently published, clinically focused research on chronic lung disease in […]
- Predictors of in-hospital mortality among HIV-positive patients presenting with an acute illness to the emergency department.
Despite better access to antiretroviral therapy (ART) over recent years, HIV remains […]
- Alarming rates of virological failure and HIV-1 drug resistance amongst adolescents living with perinatal HIV in both urban and rural settings: evidence from the EDCTP READY-study in Cameroon.
Adolescents living with perinatal HIV infection (ALPHI) experience persistently high mortality rates, […]
- Epigenetic age acceleration changes 2 years after antiretroviral therapy initiation in adults with HIV: a substudy of the NEAT001/ANRS143 randomised trial.
DNA methylation-based estimators of biological age are reliable biomarkers of the ageing […]
- HIV testing approaches to reach the first UNAIDS 95% target in sub-Saharan Africa.
HIV testing is a crucial first step to accessing HIV prevention and […]
- Long-acting cabotegravir plus rilpivirine for treatment in adults with HIV-1 infection: 96-week results of the randomised, open-label, phase 3 FLAIR study.
There is a need for more convenient, less frequent treatment to help […]
- Chlamydia trachomatis and Mycoplasma genitalium prevalence and associated factors among women presenting to a pregnancy termination and contraception clinic, 2009-2019.
Risk of pelvic inflammatory disease associated with Chlamydia trachomatis and Mycoplasma genitalium […]
- Clinical efficacy and tolerability of 1.5 g/day oral amoxicillin therapy without probenecid for the treatment of syphilis.
Intramuscular benzathine penicillin G is not available in certain countries. In a […]
- Communicable and noncommunicable liver disease in HIV.
The aim of this study was to highlight the profound changes in […]
- Ethnic inequalities in mental health and socioeconomic status among older women living with HIV: results from the PRIME Study.
Women living with HIV in the UK are an ethnically diverse group […]
- Evidence of HIV pre-exposure or post-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP) among blood donors: a pilot study, England June 2018 to July 2019.
Due to increased use of pre-exposure prohylaxis (PrEP) and its potential to […]
- Neurotoxicities in the treatment of HIV between dolutegravir, rilpivirine and dolutegravir/rilpivirine: a meta-analysis.
To assess the risk of neuropsychiatric adverse effects (ie, depression, anxiety, insomnia, […]
- Programmatic mapping and size estimation of female sex workers, transgender sex workers and men who have sex with men in İstanbul and Ankara, Turkey.
Despite a growing HIV threat, there is no definition and characterisation of […]
- Recent data on adipose tissue, insulin resistance, diabetes and dyslipidaemia in antiretroviral therapy controlled HIV-infected persons.
Increased total body fat with truncal redistribution is common in antiretroviral therapy […]
- Sexual health (excluding reproductive health, intimate partner violence and gender-based violence) and COVID-19: a scoping review.
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed and exacerbated existing socioeconomic and health disparities, […]
- Timing of primary syphilis treatment and impact on the development of treponemal antibodies: a cross-sectional clinic-based study.
Serology is negative in a proportion of primary syphilis cases where Treponema […]
- Failure to eradicate Helicobacter pylori infection is more frequent among HIV-positive patients.
Helicobacter pylori is a worldwide infection, but little is known about the […]
- Vaccine Efficacy of ALVAC-HIV and Bivalent Subtype C gp120-MF59 in Adults.
A safe, effective vaccine is essential to eradicating human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) […]
- Screening for Hearing Loss in Older Adults: Updated Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Task Force.
Hearing loss is common in older adults and associated with adverse health […]
- Decrease in incidence of sexually transmitted infections symptoms in men who have sex with men enrolled in a quarterly HIV prevention and care programme in West Africa (CohMSM ANRS 12324-Expertise France).
Although men who have sex with men (MSM) are at high risk […]
- Kidney tubule health scores and their associations with incident CKD in women living with HIV.
Individual kidney tubule biomarkers are associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD) risk […]
- The shifting picture of HIV treatment, comorbidity and substance use among US MSM living with HIV.
People living with HIV (PLWH) have increased risk of chronic disease and […]
- Clinical and laboratory impact of concomitant syphilis infection during acute HIV.
Cognitive impairment has been reported in people living with HIV-1 (PLWH) with […]
- Gender disparities operate in opposite directions for hospitalizations and mortality among individuals receiving long-term ART in rural Uganda.
We conducted an analysis to determine if differences in health-seeking behaviour can […]
- Sexual behaviours associated with incident high-risk anal human papillomavirus among gay and bisexual men.
High-risk human papillomavirus (HRHPV) causes anal cancer, which disproportionately affects gay and […]
- Two Randomized Trials of Neutralizing Antibodies to Prevent HIV-1 Acquisition.
Whether a broadly neutralizing antibody (bnAb) can be used to prevent human […]
- Outcomes associated with treatment change from tenofovir disoproxil fumarate to tenofovir alafenamide in HIV-1-infected patients: a real-world study in Japan.
To investigate the impact of switching from tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF)- to […]
- Trends in knowledge of HIV status and efficiency of HIV testing services in sub-Saharan Africa, 2000-20: a modelling study using survey and HIV testing programme data.
Monitoring knowledge of HIV status among people living with HIV is essential […]
- Effect of SMS reminders on PrEP adherence in young Kenyan women (MPYA study): a randomised controlled trial.
Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is highly effective for preventing HIV acquisition. However, adherence […]
- Prioritising pleasure and correcting misinformation in the era of U=U.
There is widespread unawareness and disbelief regarding the evidence-based conclusion that people […]
- Assessing the costs and outcomes of control programmes for sexually transmitted infections: a systematic review of economic evaluations.
To identify economic evaluations of interventions to control STIs and HIV targeting […]
- The burden of non-communicable diseases and mortality in people living with HIV (PLHIV) in the pre-, early- and late-HAART era.
To estimate the burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and mortality among PLHIV […]
- Confirmatory testing of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in a sexual health clinic: implications for epidemiology and treatment policy.
European guidelines advise the use of dual nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT) […]
- Factors associated with interest in a long-acting HIV regimen: perspectives of people living with HIV and healthcare providers in four European countries.
A novel long-acting regimen (LAR) of cabotegravir and rilpivirine for HIV treatment […]
- HIV burden and correlates of infection among transfeminine people and cisgender men who have sex with men in Nairobi, Kenya: an observational study.
Transgender people are disproportionately affected by HIV and other sexually transmitted infections […]
- Advances in cell and gene therapy for HIV disease: it is good to be specific.
Tremendous advances in cell and gene therapy may soon realize the goal […]
- Long-acting injectable HIV therapies: the next frontier: Republication.
There has been significant development of long-acting injectable therapy for the management […]
- Potential and demonstrated impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on sexually transmissible infections: Republication.
This review considers the potential and demonstrated impacts of SARS-CoV-2 on the […]
- Risks of metabolic syndrome and diabetes with integrase inhibitor-based therapy: Republication.
A growing body of evidence suggests that integrase inhibitors (INSTIs) are significantly […]
- The potential effect of COVID-19-related disruptions on HIV incidence and HIV-related mortality among men who have sex with men in the USA: a modelling study.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, men who have sex with men (MSM) in […]
- Clinical outcomes of syphilis in HIV-negative and HIV-positive MSM: occurrence of repeat syphilis episodes and non-treponemal serology responses.
HIV-positive men who have sex with men (MSM) may be at a […]
- Impact of point-of-care testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections and bacterial vaginosis on genital tract inflammatory cytokines in a cohort of young South African women.
STIs cause inflammation that is detrimental for both HIV risk and reproductive […]
- Tracking missed opportunities for an early HIV diagnosis in a population of people living with HIV with known time of infection.
The goal of 90-90-90 first requires the expansion of access to HIV […]
- Associations of Maternal Cardiovascular Health in Pregnancy With Offspring Cardiovascular Health in Early Adolescence.
Pregnancy may be a key window to optimize cardiovascular health (CVH) for […]
- Long-term virological outcomes in women who started option B+ care during pregnancy for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: a cohort study.
Option B+ marked a milestone in prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of […]
- Strengthening measurement and performance of HIV prevention programmes.
Indicators for the measurement of programmes for the primary prevention of HIV […]
- The impact of the COVID-19 lockdown on HIV care in 65 South African primary care clinics: an interrupted time series analysis.
The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on HIV outcomes in low-income and […]
- Assessment of risk compensation following use of the dapivirine vaginal ring in southwestern Uganda.
Participation in HIV prevention trials could trigger risk compensation among participants. We […]
- Chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy for HIV cure.
Cell-based immunotherapies have made enormous progress over the last decade with the […]
- Stigma reduction: an essential ingredient to ending AIDS by 2030.
Ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 will require addressing stigma more systematically […]
- Safety, uptake, and use of a dapivirine vaginal ring for HIV-1 prevention in African women (HOPE): an open-label, extension study.
Two phase 3 clinical trials showed that use of a monthly vaginal […]
- Safety, adherence, and HIV-1 seroconversion among women using the dapivirine vaginal ring (DREAM): an open-label, extension study.
The Ring Study, a phase 3 trial in 1959 sexually active women […]
- HIV clinic-based buprenorphine plus naloxone versus referral for methadone maintenance therapy for treatment of opioid use disorder in HIV clinics in Vietnam (BRAVO): an open-label, randomised, non-inferiority trial.
UNAIDS recommends integrating methadone or buprenorphine treatment of opioid use disorder with […]
- Culture obtained from urethral swab of asymptomatic men who screen positive for Neisseria gonorrhoeae by urine nucleic acid amplification testing.
In a previous study of men attending Melbourne Sexual Health Centre who […]
- Effectiveness and safety of dolutegravir two-drug regimens in virologically suppressed people living with HIV: a systematic literature review and meta-analysis of real-world evidence.
Dolutegravir (DTG) is widely recommended within three-drug regimens. However, similar efficacy and […]
- Diagnostic value of serological biomarkers for detection of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and/or advanced liver fibrosis in people living with HIV.
We aimed to evaluate the accuracy of serological biomarkers for non-alcoholic fatty […]
- Trends and predictors of linkage to HIV outpatient care following diagnosis in the era of expanded testing in England, Wales and Northern Ireland: Results of a national cohort study.
We explore trends in linkage to HIV care following diagnosis and investigate […]
- Feasibility and acceptability of frequent vaginal self-sampling at home by Rwandan women at high risk of urogenital tract infections.
To establish temporal links between vaginal microbiota (VMB) data and incident clinical […]