- Prevalence and risk factors for anogenital HPV infection and neoplasia among women living with HIV in China.
To explore the prevalence and risk factors of anogenital human papillomavirus (HPV) […]
- Safety and immunogenicity of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (AZD1222) vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 in HIV infection: a single-arm substudy of a phase 2/3 clinical trial.
Data on vaccine immunogenicity against SARS-CoV-2 are needed for the 40 million […]
- Efficacy of a carrageenan gel in preventing anal human papillomavirus (HPV) infection: interim analysis of the Lubricant Investigation in Men to Inhibit Transmission of HPV Infection (LIMIT-HPV) randomised controlled trial.
Carrageenan, a non-toxic gelling agent derived from red algae, has potent anti-human […]
- Incorporating oral PrEP into standard prevention services for South African women: a nested interrupted time-series study.
As oral pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) becomes the standard of prevention globally, its […]
- Tracking elimination of HIV transmission in men who have sex with men in England: a modelling study.
To manage the HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men […]
- Association of Maternal Influenza Vaccination During Pregnancy With Early Childhood Health Outcomes.
Seasonal influenza vaccination in pregnancy can reduce influenza illness among pregnant women […]
- Messaging matters: achieving equity in the HIV response through public health communication.
Public health messages shape how the world understands the HIV epidemic. Considerable […]
- Subnational mapping of HIV incidence and mortality among individuals aged 15-49 years in sub-Saharan Africa, 2000-18: a modelling study.
High-resolution estimates of HIV burden across space and time provide an important […]
- Factors associated with HIV infection among children in Larkana District, Pakistan: a matched case-control study.
In April, 2019, an HIV outbreak predominantly affecting children occurred in Larkana […]
- Immunological and virological response to initial antiretroviral therapy among older people living with HIV in the Canadian Observational Cohort (CANOC).
The aim of this study was to assess the adequacy of immunological […]
- Relationship of polypharmacy to HIV RNA suppression in people aged ≥ 50 years living with HIV.
People living with HIV (PLWH) aged ≥ 50 years face unique challenges regarding […]
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for men who have sex with men in west Africa: a multicountry demonstration study.
HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) data in men who have sex with men […]
- Integrase strand transfer inhibitor treatment does not increase the incidence of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in HIV-infected Koreans.
Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS) is a major concern when starting antiretroviral […]
- “Go”, “No Go,” or “Where to Go”; does microbiota dictate T cell exhaustion, programming, and HIV persistence?
People living with HIV who fail to fully reconstitute CD4+T cells after […]
- Eliminating HIV reservoirs for a cure: the issue is in the tissue.
Advances in antiretroviral therapy have saved numerous lives, converting a diagnosis with […]
- Systematic identification and replication of factors associated with human papillomavirus vaccine initiation among adolescents in the United States using an environment-wide association study approach.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination coverage is low among adolescents in the USA. […]
- Visualization of HIV-1 reservoir: an imaging perspective.
The persistence of HIV-1-infected cells, despite the introduction of the combinatorial antiretroviral […]
- A tale of four studies: HIV vaccine immunogenicity and efficacy in clinical trials.
The advanced-phase HIV prevention vaccine trials done in South Africa (HVTN 702) […]
- Prediction of future cardiovascular events by Framingham, SCORE and asCVD risk scores is less accurate in HIV-positive individuals from the HIV-HEART Study compared with the general population.
Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) occur more often in people living with HIV (PLWH) […]
- Gestational diabetes in women living with HIV in Botswana: lower rates with dolutegravir- than with efavirenz-based antiretroviral therapy.
There are few data on the prevalence of gestational diabetes (GDM) in […]
- Low frequency of cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease despite high prevalence of CMV viraemia in patients with advanced HIV infection: a clinical and immunological 48-week follow-up study.
The aim of the study was to investigate the dynamics of cytomegalovirus […]
- Tuberculosis infection in HIV vs. non-HIV patients.
Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common opportunistic infection and cause of mortality […]
- Islatravir in combination with doravirine for treatment-naive adults with HIV-1 infection receiving initial treatment with islatravir, doravirine, and lamivudine: a phase 2b, randomised, double-blind, dose-ranging trial.
Islatravir is a nucleoside reverse transcriptase translocation inhibitor in development for the […]
- Bioactive phytocompound mulberroside C and endophytes of Morus alba as potential inhibitors of HIV-1 replication: a mechanistic evaluation.
Despite considerable advancement in antiretroviral therapy, development of safe, effective, and multi-targeted […]
- Assessing proviral competence: current approaches to evaluate HIV-1 persistence.
Despite decades of suppressive antiretroviral therapy (ART), HIV-1 reservoirs persist and fuel […]
- Economic impact on direct healthcare costs of missing opportunities for diagnosing HIV within healthcare settings.
The economic consequences of a missed opportunity for HIV testing at an […]
- The active human immunodeficiency virus reservoir during antiretroviral therapy: emerging players in viral persistence.
To discuss the role of CD4+ T cells with active Human immunodeficiency […]
- Effect of HIV infection on pre- and post-liver transplant mortality in patients with organ failure.
Organ failure (OF), a leading cause of death in HIV-positive individuals, is […]
- Tolerability of four-drug antiretroviral combination therapy in primary HIV-1 infection.
Rapid initiation of antiretroviral therapy (ART) is important for individuals with high […]
- Cross-sectional assessment of determinants of STIs among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Kigali, Rwanda.
STIs among men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender women […]
- Substance use treatment partially mitigates association between methamphetamine use and STI risk: findings from the NSDUH cohort.
In recent years, both methamphetamine use and STIs have been on the […]
- Arterial structure and function in Africans with HIV for > 5 years: longitudinal relationship with endothelial activation and cardiovascular risk markers.
We aimed to determine whether people with human immunodeficiency virus (PWHIV) have […]
- The association between use of chemsex drugs and HIV clinic attendance among gay and bisexual men living with HIV in London.
To investigate the association between chemsex drug use and HIV clinic attendance […]
- Mortality and AIDS-defining events among young people following transition from paediatric to adult HIV care in the UK.
To investigate risk of AIDS and mortality after transition from paediatric to […]
- SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence, and IgG concentration and pseudovirus neutralising antibody titres after infection, compared by HIV status: a matched case-control observational study.
Most cohorts show similar or lower COVID-19 incidence among people living with […]
- Variations in the characteristics and outcomes of children living with HIV following universal ART in sub-Saharan Africa (2006-17): a retrospective cohort study.
The proportion of children living with HIV and receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART) […]
- Going beyond ‘regular and casual’: development of a classification of sexual partner types to enhance partner notification for STIs.
To develop a classification of sexual partner types for use in partner […]
- Syphilis self-testing to expand test uptake among men who have sex with men: a theoretically informed mixed methods study in Zimbabwe.
Self-testing for STIs such as HIV and syphilis may empower sexual minorities […]
- Overview of SARS-CoV-2 infection in adults living with HIV.
Around 2·5 million deaths and more than 110 million COVID-19 cases have […]
- Safety, immunogenicity, and transplacental antibody transport of conjugated and polysaccharide pneumococcal vaccines administered to pregnant women with HIV: a multicentre randomised controlled trial.
Pneumococcus remains an important cause of morbidity in pregnant women with HIV […]
- How can we make self-sampling packs for sexually transmitted infections and bloodborne viruses more inclusive? A qualitative study with people with mild learning disabilities and low health literacy.
1.5 million people in the UK have mild to moderate learning disabilities. STIs […]
- Factors associated with erectile dysfunction diagnosis in men with HIV infection: a case-control study.
HIV infection is associated with increased risk of erectile dysfunction (ED); however, […]
- Estimated life expectancy gains with antiretroviral therapy among adults with HIV in Latin America and the Caribbean: a multisite retrospective cohort study.
There are few data on life expectancy gains among people living with […]
- Factors associated with testing positive for syphilis among MSM who present as sexual contacts of syphilis from a clinic-based population.
There has been a significant increase in syphilis in men who have […]
- HIV and STI positivity rates among transgender people attending two large STI clinics in the Netherlands.
Global data show that transgender people (TGP) are disproportionally affected by HIV […]
- Changes in alanine aminotransferase levels after switching from tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) to tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) in HIV-positive people without viral hepatitis in the Swiss HIV Cohort Study.
We previously demonstrated an association between tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) and chronic […]
- Increased targeted HIV testing and reduced undiagnosed HIV infections among gay and bisexual men.
To evaluate the impact of government HIV strategies that aimed to increase […]
- In utero and peripartum antiretroviral exposure as predictor of cognition in 6- to 10-year-old HIV-exposed Ugandan children – a prospective cohort study.
To quantify association between in utero/peripartum antiretroviral (IPA) exposure and cognition, i.e. […]
- Development of an international sexual and reproductive health survey instrument: results from a pilot WHO/HRP consultative Delphi process.
Population health surveys are rarely comprehensive in addressing sexual health, and population-representative […]
- Drassanes Exprés: a public and confidential testing service for asymptomatic STIs with same-day result notification.
STIs are a major public health concern. Screening programmes for asymptomatic users […]
- Mechanisms and primary prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease among people living with HIV.
To highlight mechanisms of elevated risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) among […]
- What’s new in bone disease and fractures in HIV?
People living with HIV (PWH) are at greater risk of low bone […]
- Clinical consequences of asymptomatic cytomegalovirus in treated human immunodeficency virus infection.
Despite antiretroviral therapy (ART)-mediated viral suppression, people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) […]
- Current co-morbidities burden in patients living with HIV in low- and middle-income countries.
The present review aims to decipher common co-morbidities faced by people living […]
- Frailty: the current challenge for aging people with HIV.
Older adults account for the majority of people with HIV (PWH) in […]
- Sexual consent and chemsex: a quantitative study on sexualised drug use and non-consensual sex among men who have sex with men in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Chemsex (drug use to enhance sex) has emerged among men who have […]
- Carotid atherosclerosis in virologically suppressed HIV patients: comparison with a healthy sample and prediction by cardiovascular risk equations.
To compare the prevalence of carotid atherosclerosis in virologically suppressed HIV patients […]
- Impact of Integrase inhibitors and tenofovir alafenamide on weight gain in people with HIV.
Obesity is increasing in people with HIV (PWH). This review aims to […]
- Recent advances in HIV-associated chronic lung disease clinical research.
To highlight recently published, clinically focused research on chronic lung disease in […]
- High levels of undiagnosed rectal STIs suggest that screening remains inadequate among Black gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
To better understand rectal STI screening practices for Black gay, bisexual and […]