- Conflicts of Interest in Studies Related to Mesh Use in Ventral Hernia Repair and Abdominal Wall Reconstruction.
To examine the accuracy of the reporting of conflicts of interest (COI) […]
- Preventing Recurrence in Clean and Contaminated Hernias Using Biologic Versus Synthetic Mesh in Ventral Hernia Repair: The PRICE Randomized Clinical Trial.
The aim of this study was to evaluate which mesh type yields […]
- Effects of Community-based Exercise Prehabilitation for Patients Scheduled for Colorectal Surgery With High Risk for Postoperative Complications: Results of a Randomized Clinical Trial.
To assess the effects of a 3-week community-based exercise program on 30-day […]
- Exploring Emotional Responses After Postoperative Complications: A Qualitative Study of Practicing Surgeons.
This qualitative study explored the impact of postoperative complications on surgeons and […]
- Gender Affirming Surgery: A Comprehensive, Systematic Review of All Peer-Reviewed Literature and Methods of Assessing Patient-Centered Outcomes (Part 1: Breast/Chest, Face, and Voice).
: To perform the first systematic review of all available gender-affirming surgery […]
- Surgical Plating vs Closed Reduction for Fractures in the Distal Radius in Older Patients: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
The burden of injury and costs of wrist fractures are substantial. Surgical […]
- Racial Disparities in the Use of Surgical Procedures in the US.
The largest US federal action plan to date for reducing racial disparities […]
- Postdischarge Virtual Visits for Low-risk Surgeries: A Randomized Noninferiority Clinical Trial.
Postdischarge video-based virtual visits are a growing aspect of surgical care and […]
- The Royal College of surgeons multidisciplinary guidelines on elective tracheostomy insertion in COVID-19 ventilated patients.
The current COVID-19 pandemic has placed enormous strain on healthcare systems worldwide. […]
- Development and validation of a novel nomogram predicting 10-year actual survival after curative hepatectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma.
Although hepatectomy is a curative treatment modality for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the […]
- Patients understanding of terminology commonly used during combined orthodontic-orthognathic treatment.
Communication between patients and clinicians plays an important role in improving quality […]
- Outcomes of orthopaedic trauma patients undergoing surgery during the peak period of COVID-19 infection at a UK major trauma centre.
To review the clinical outcomes of all patients undergoing emergency orthopaedic trauma […]
- Revision surgeries for failed hallux valgus correction: A systematic review.
Failure of hallux valgus (HV) correction is not uncommon, and its management […]
- Computer assisted total knee arthroplasty: 2.5 years follow-up of 200 cases.
Computer assisted surgery in total knee arthroplasty (TKA) should improve accuracy of […]
- Arthroscopic debridement for focal articular cartilage lesions of the knee: A systematic review.
Arthroscopic debridement, the most commonly applied surgical technique for focal cartilage lesions […]
- Patient-reported outcomes for nipple reconstruction: Review of literature.
There is currently no validated patient-reported outcome measure (PROM) that is specific […]
- The role of molecular biomarkers in outcomes and patient selection for cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for peritoneal metastases of colorectal origin.
Cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (CRS/HIPEC) is effective in select patients […]
- Treatment of Inguinal Hernia: Systematic Review and Updated Network Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
Despite the advent of innovative surgical platforms and operative techniques, a definitive […]
- Whole-Exome Sequencing Identifies SLC52A1 and ZNF106 Variants as Novel Genetic Risk Factors for (Early) Multiple-Organ Failure in Acute Pancreatitis.
The aim of this study was to identify genetic variants associated with […]
- A randomised controlled trial of SAFMEDS to improve musculoskeletal radiology interpretation.
This study examined the impact of a Say-All-Fast-Minute-Everyday-Shuffled (SAFMEDS) intervention on musculoskeletal […]
- Prospective Assessment of a Protocol Using Neuromonitoring, Early Limb Reperfusion, and Selective Temporary Aneurysm Sac Perfusion to Prevent Spinal Cord Injury During Fenestrated-branched Endovascular Aortic Repair.
The aim of this study was to analyze the outcomes of a […]
- Tumor Size, Histology, and Survival after Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy and Sublobar Resection in Node-negative Non-small Cell Lung Cancer.
While stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR) is increasingly emerging as an alternative to […]
- A Computer Vision Platform to Automatically Locate Critical Events in Surgical Videos: Documenting Safety in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.
To develop a computer vision platform to automatically locate critical events in […]
- Surgical anatomy of sigmoid arteries: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
The purpose of this systematic review and meta-analysis was to determine the […]
- Modification of hurling helmets causing penetrating upper limb injury: A case series demonstrating opportunity for improved player safety.
The games of hurling and camogie involve fast ball movement and a […]
- The acute management of ankle fractures (Augment) study: A prospective trainee led national collaborative audit of the Boast 12 guidelines.
Ankle fractures are one of the most common fractures in adults aged […]
- Association of Fluoroquinolone Use With Short-term Risk of Development of Aortic Aneurysm.
Although fluoroquinolones are commonly prescribed antibiotics in the US, recent international studies […]
- Patient Factors Associated With Parathyroidectomy in Older Adults With Primary Hyperparathyroidism.
Parathyroidectomy provides definitive management for primary hyperparathyroidism (PHPT), reducing the risk of […]
- Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer Syndrome and the Role of CDH1: A Review.
Inherited variants in the tumor suppressor gene CDH1 are associated with an […]
- Global impact of the first coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic wave on vascular services.
This online structured survey has demonstrated the global impact of the COVID-19 […]
- Validation of the AI-based Predictive OpTimal Trees in Emergency Surgery Risk (POTTER) Calculator in Patients 65 Years and Older.
We sought to assess the performance of the Predictive OpTimal Trees in […]
- Long-Term Follow-up of a Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Endovascular Revascularization Plus Supervised Exercise with Supervised Exercise only for Intermittent Claudication.
The goal of this study was to assess the long-term effectiveness of […]
- Surgical Treatment after Neoadjuvant Systemic Therapy in Young Women with Breast Cancer: Results from a Prospective Cohort Study.
We aimed to investigate eligibility for breast-conserving surgery (BCS) pre- and post-neoadjuvant […]
- Serous Cystic Neoplasms of the Pancreas Management in the Real-world: Still Operating on a Benign Entity.
Our aim is to provide a real-life picture of serous cystic neoplasms […]
- Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review of the Use of a Prosthetic Mesh for Prevention of Parastomal Hernia.
The primary endpoint of this meta-analysis was the PSH rate at one […]
- Functional Limb Restoration Through Amputation: Minimizing Pain and Optimizing Function With the Use of Advanced Amputation Techniques.
To demonstrate the role of advanced orthoplastic techniques in harnessing the full […]
- Quantitative Assessment of Intraoperative Laser Fluorescence Angiography with Indocyanine Green Predicts Early Graft Function after Kidney Transplantation.
This study was designed to demonstrate the predictive ability of quantitative indocyanine […]
- Association of Frailty and Sex With Wait List Mortality in Liver Transplant Candidates in the Multicenter Functional Assessment in Liver Transplantation (FrAILT) Study.
Female liver transplant candidates experience higher rates of wait list mortality than […]
- Outcomes of Vascular and Endovascular Interventions Performed During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic: The Vascular and Endovascular Research Network (VERN) Covid-19 Vascular Service (COVER) Tier 2 Study.
The aim of the COVER Study is to identify global outcomes and […]
- The Covid-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned for Sustained Trauma Preparedness and Responses.
The emergence of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) that is caused by the […]
- Long-Term Survival After Minimally Invasive Versus Open Esophagectomy for Esophageal Cancer: A Nationwide Propensity-Score Matched Analysis.
This study aimed to compare long-term survival following minimally invasive esophagectomy (MIE) […]
- Oncological outcomes in differentiated thyroid cancer in South East Scotland.
Differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC) is increasing in incidence but little is known […]
- Asynchronous, digital teaching in times of COVID-19: a teaching example from general practice.
Background: The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic had a strong impact on academic teaching and […]
- Opportunities and challenges of e-learning in vocational training in General Practice – a project report about implementing digital formats in the KWBW-Verbundweiterbildungplus.
Background: The task of the Competence Centers for vocational training (KW) is […]
- Laparoscopic Lavage vs Primary Resection for Acute Perforated Diverticulitis: Long-term Outcomes From the Scandinavian Diverticulitis (SCANDIV) Randomized Clinical Trial.
Perforated colonic diverticulitis usually requires surgical resection, with significant morbidity. Short-term results […]
- A Genomic-Pathologic Annotated Risk Model to Predict Recurrence in Early-Stage Lung Adenocarcinoma.
Recommendations for adjuvant therapy after surgical resection of lung adenocarcinoma (LUAD) are […]
- The Impact of Burn Size on Community Participation: A Life Impact Burn Recovery Evaluation (LIBRE) Study.
To assess the association of burn size and community participation as measured […]
- Improved Preoperative Risk-Assessment Tools Are Needed to Guide Informed Decision-Making Before Esophagectomy.
We sought to evaluate the performance of two commonly used prediction models […]
- De-Implementation of Axillary Dissection in Women with Breast Cancer is Largely Driven By Site-Level Contextual Effects.
To assess the contribution of unknown institutional factors (contextual effects) in the […]
- Exploring the Experience of the Surgical Workforce During the Covid-19 Pandemic.
To explore the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the stress levels […]
- Comparison of Patient Outcomes Among Integrated Residency Versus Fellowship-Trained Vascular Surgeons.
This study aims to evaluate whether graduates of integrated vascular surgery residency […]
- A Randomized Controlled Trial Examining the Impact of an Anorectal Surgery Multimodal Enhanced Recovery Program on Opioid Use.
Anorectal cases may be a common gateway to the opioid epidemic. Opioid […]
- Circulating Cell-free DNA in Patients with Acute Biliary Pancreatitis: Association with Disease Markers and Prolonged Hospitalization Time-A Prospective Cohort Study.
To evaluate cfDNA as an indicator of pancreatitis severity.Acute pancreatitis severity scores […]
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Fluorescence Imaging in Hepatobiliary Surgery.
To establish consensus recommendations for the use of fluorescence imaging with indocyanine […]
- Clinical and Economic Outcomes of Enhanced Recovery Dissemination in Michigan Hospitals.
To evaluate real-world effects of enhanced recovery protocol (ERP) dissemination on clinical […]
- County-Level Social Vulnerability is Associated with Worse Surgical Outcomes Especially Among Minority Patients.
We sought to characterize the association between patient county-level vulnerability with postoperative […]
- Postoperative Work and Activity Restrictions After Abdominal Surgery: A Systematic Review.
This systematic review aims to assess what is known about convalescence following […]
- Is Initial Board Certification Associated with Better Early-Career Surgical Outcomes?
To determine if initial American Board of Surgery certification in general surgery […]
- Yield of Adding chest CT to Abdominal CT to Detect COVID-19 in Patients Presenting with Acute Gastrointestinal Symptoms (SCOUT-3): Multicenter Study.
To determine the incremental yield of standardized addition of chest CT to […]
- Preoperative Single-Dose Methylprednisolone Prevents Surgical Site Infections After Major Liver Resection: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
The primary aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of […]