- Colorectal cancer screening with repeated fecal immunochemical test versus sigmoidoscopy: baseline results from a randomized trial.
The comparative effectiveness of sigmoidoscopy and fecal immunochemical testing (FIT) for colorectal […]
- Fusobacterium nucleatum adheres to Clostridioides difficile via the RadD adhesin to enhance biofilm formation in intestinal mucus.
Although Clostridioides difficile infection (CDI) is known to involve the disruption of […]
- Endoscopic placement of covered versus uncovered self-expandable metal stents for palliation of malignant gastric outlet obstruction.
Stenting is an established endoscopic therapy for malignant gastric outlet obstruction (mGOO). […]
- Restarting Warfarin versus Direct Oral Anticoagulants after Major Gastrointestinal Bleeding and Associated Outcomes in Atrial Fibrillation: A Cohort Study.
Limited data exists on management of anticoagulation following hospitalization for gastrointestinal bleeding […]
- Effective Treatment of Acute Severe Ulcerative Colitis in Pregnancy Is Associated with Good Maternal and Fetal Outcomes.
Data regarding the management and outcomes of acute severe ulcerative colitis (ASUC) […]
- Pregnancy and Neonatal Outcomes after Fetal Exposure To Biologics and Thiopurines among Women with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Pregnant women with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) may require biologic or thiopurine […]
- Enhanced meningeal lymphatic drainage ameliorates neuroinflammation and hepatic encephalopathy in cirrhotic rats.
Hepatic encephalopathy (HE) is a serious neurological complication in patients with liver […]
- TWEAK/Fn14 signalling promotes cholangiocarcinoma niche formation and progression.
Cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) is a cancer of the hepatic bile ducts that is […]
- Esophageal Eosinophilia Common Among Relatives.
Familial clustering of eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) has been described, but biopsy-assessed prevalence […]
- Impact of 9-minute Withdrawal Time on the Adenoma Detection Rate: A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial.
Although current quality indicators of colonoscopy recommend 6 minutes as the minimum […]
- Comparative Outcomes of Cap Assisted Endoscopic Resection and Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection in Dysplastic Barrett’s Esophagus.
Endoscopic resection (ER) is an important component of the endoscopic treatment of […]
- County Differences in Liver Mortality in the US: Impact of Sociodemographics, Disease Risk Factors, and Access to Care.
Data have demonstrated county- and state-wide variability in mortality rates from liver […]
- The Colombian chemoprevention trial. Twenty-year follow-up of a cohort of patients with gastric precancerous lesions.
Helicobacter pylori eradication and endoscopic surveillance of gastric precancerous lesions are strategies […]
- Failure on voxilaprevir, velpatasvir, sofosbuvir and efficacy of rescue therapy.
Data on patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection who failed […]
- RNA-binding protein RALY reprogrammes mitochondrial metabolism via mediating miRNA processing in colorectal cancer.
Dysregulated cellular metabolism is a distinct hallmark of human colorectal cancer (CRC). […]
- Stem cell therapy for perianal Crohn’s.
Perianal Crohn’s disease is a morbid and disabling condition, notoriously difficult to […]
- Beyond pregnancy, women’s health in inflammatory bowel disease.
Women’s health includes comprehensive physical, mental and preventive care. This section will […]
- Prevalence and incidence of hepatitis C virus infection in men who have sex with men: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
WHO has set targets for hepatitis C virus (HCV) elimination by 2030. […]
- Neutrophils interact with cholangiocytes to cause cholestatic changes in alcoholic hepatitis.
Alcoholic hepatitis (AH) is a common but life-threatening disease with limited treatment […]
- MRE combined with FIB-4 (MEFIB) index in detection of candidates for pharmacological treatment of NASH-related fibrosis.
Patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) with ≥stage 2 fibrosis are […]
- Artificial intelligence-based pathology for gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary cancers.
Artificial intelligence (AI) can extract complex information from visual data. Histopathology images […]
- Multicentre randomised controlled trial on virtual chromoendoscopy in the detection of neoplasia during colitis surveillance high-definition colonoscopy (the VIRTUOSO trial).
Longstanding colonic IBD increases the risk of developing colorectal cancer. The utility […]
- Targeting Nestin+ hepatic stellate cells ameliorates liver fibrosis by facilitating TβRI degradation.
Liver fibrosis is a wound-healing response that arises from various aetiologies. The […]
- Wnt Signaling Shapes the Histological Variation in Diffuse Gastric Cancer.
Diffuse type gastric cancer is currently subdivided into signet-ring cell carcinoma (SRCC) […]
- RNA m6A methyltransferase METTL3 facilitates colorectal cancer by activating m6A-GLUT1-mTORC1 axis and is a therapeutic target.
RNA N6-methyladenosine (m6A) modification has recently emerged as a new regulatory mechanism […]
- Paneth cell alertness to pathogens maintained by vitamin D receptors.
Vitamin D exerts a regulatory role over mucosal immunity via the vitamin […]
- Esophagitis in patients without gastroesophageal reflux disease or eosinophilic esophagitis: diagnostic considerations.
A multitude of inflammatory diseases other than gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and […]
- Serum glucose excretion after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a potential target for diabetes treatment.
The mechanisms underlying type 2 diabetes resolution after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) […]
- Sphingomyelin synthase 1 mediates hepatocyte pyroptosis to trigger non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
Lipotoxic hepatocyte injury is a primary event in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), but […]
- Clinicopathologic features, tumor immune microenvironment and genomic landscape of Epstein-Barr virus-associated intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
Little is known about EBV-associated intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (EBVaICC) due to its rarity. […]
- Predicting the risk of post-hepatectomy portal hypertension using a digital twin: a clinical proof of concept.
Despite improvements of medical and surgical techniques, post-hepatectomy liver failure (PHLF) remains […]
- Hepatitis C Viremic Organs in Solid Organ Transplantation.
Although rates of organ donation and solid organ transplantation have been increasing […]
- IL-2 contributes to cirrhosis-associated immune dysfunction by impairing follicular T helper cells in advanced cirrhosis.
Patients with decompensated liver cirrhosis suffer from recurrent infections and inadequate responses […]
- Single nucleus and in situ RNA sequencing reveals cell topographies in the human pancreas.
Molecular evidence of cellular heterogeneity in the human exocrine pancreas has not […]
- Amelioration of systemic inflammation in advanced chronic liver disease upon beta-blocker therapy translates into improved clinical outcomes.
Systemic inflammation promotes the development of clinical events in patients with advanced […]
- EGFR amplification and outcome in a randomised phase III trial of chemotherapy alone or chemotherapy plus panitumumab for advanced gastro-oesophageal cancers.
Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibition may be effective in biomarker-selected populations […]
- IL-17A/F enable cholangiocytes to restrict T cell-driven experimental cholangitis by upregulating PD-L1 expression.
IL-17A-producing T cells are present in autoimmune cholestatic liver diseases; however, little […]
- ADAMTSL5 is an epigenetically activated gene underlying tumorigenesis and drug resistance in hepatocellular carcinoma.
The tumour microenvironment shapes tumour growth through cellular communications that include both […]
- The balance of stromal BMP signaling mediated by GREM1 and ISLR drives colorectal carcinogenesis.
Cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF), key constituents of the tumor microenvironment, either promote or […]
- Estimating the proportion of people with chronic hepatitis B virus infection eligible for hepatitis B antiviral treatment worldwide: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
In 2016, of the estimated 257 million people living with chronic hepatitis […]
- Dicarbonyl Electrophiles Mediate Inflammation-Induced Gastrointestinal Carcinogenesis.
Inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract may lead to the development of cancer. […]
- Effectiveness of capsule endoscopy and double-balloon enteroscopy in suspected complicated celiac disease.
Complicated celiac disease (CCD) is a rare but severe condition with a […]
- Impact of gastric electrical stimulation on economic burden of refractory vomiting: a French nationwide multicentre study.
Medico-economic data of patients suffering from chronic nausea and vomiting are lacking. […]
- The overlap between irritable bowel syndrome and organic gastrointestinal diseases.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common functional bowel disorder characterised by […]
- A novel role of SLC26A3 in maintenance of intestinal epithelial barrier integrity.
The Down Regulated in Adenoma (DRA) encoded by SLC26A3, a key intestinal […]
- Functional reconstitution of HBV-specific CD8 T cells by in vitro polyphenol treatment in chronic hepatitis B.
In chronic HBV infection, exhausted HBV-specific CD8 T cells express misregulated mitochondrion […]
- Outcomes following transplantation of HCV-seropositive livers to HCV-seronegative recipients.
Grafts from hepatitis C virus (HCV)-seropositive donors can now be considered for […]
- A novel waitlist dropout score for hepatocellular carcinoma – identifying a threshold that predicts worse post-transplant survival.
It has been suggested that patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) at high […]
- Transition to HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B virus infection is associated with reduced cccDNA transcriptional activity.
HBeAg seroconversion during the natural history of chronic hepatitis B (CHB) is […]
- Hepatotoxicity following administration of onasemnogene abeparvovec (AVXS-101) for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy.
Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is an autosomal recessive, childhood-onset motor neuron disease, […]
- ATF4 activation promotes hepatic mitochondrial dysfunction by repressing NRF1-TFAM signalling in alcoholic steatohepatitis.
Mitochondrial dysfunction plays a dominant role in the pathogenesis of alcoholic liver […]
- Association between Brachyspira and irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhoea.
The incidence of IBS increases following enteric infections, suggesting a causative role […]
- Challenges in the diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel disease in resource-limited settings in Asia.
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is increasing in prevalence in resource-limited settings in […]
- Optimising management strategies of inflammatory bowel disease in resource-limited settings in Asia.
Over the 21st century, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) has become a global […]
- The Latin American Association for the Study of the Liver (ALEH) position statement on the redefinition of fatty liver disease.
The Latin American Association for the Study of the Liver (Asociación Latinoamericana […]
- Nomenclature and definition of metabolic-associated fatty liver disease: a consensus from the Middle East and north Africa.
With the increasing prevalence of obesity and type 2 diabetes, fatty liver […]
- Exosomes derived from Fusobacterium nucleatum-infected colorectal cancer cells facilitate tumour metastasis by selectively carrying miR-1246/92b-3p/27a-3p and CXCL16.
Exosomes released from tumour cells are packed with unique RNA and protein […]
- Piecemeal cold snare polypectomy versus conventional endoscopic mucosal resection for large sessile serrated lesions: a retrospective comparison across two successive periods.
Large (≥20 mm) sessile serrated lesions (L-SSL) are premalignant lesions that require endoscopic […]
- Long-term instability of the intestinal microbiome is associated with metabolic liver disease, low microbiota diversity, diabetes mellitus and impaired exocrine pancreatic function.
The intestinal microbiome affects the prevalence and pathophysiology of a variety of […]
- Personalised versus standard dosimetry approach of selective internal radiation therapy in patients with locally advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (DOSISPHERE-01): a randomised, multicentre, open-label phase 2 trial.
All randomised phase 3 studies of selective internal radiation therapy for advanced […]