- Audiometric Pattern in Moderate and Severe Tympanic Membrane Retraction.
To evaluate the audiometric pattern in moderate/severe retractions of the tympanic membrane […]
- Can a Self-report Measure Be Used to Assess Cognitive Skills in Adults With Hearing Loss?
Adult cochlear implant candidates would self-report their executive functioning abilities as poorer […]
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak During Stapes Surgery: The Importance of Temporal Bone CT Reconstructions in Oblique Anatomically Oriented Planes.
Stapes gusher is a massive flow of perilymph and cerebrospinal fluid leak […]
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease With Long-Term Follow-Up on Auditory Neuropathy-After Cochlear Implantation Or Hearing Aid Use.
To study the pathophysiology of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT) with auditory neuropathy (AN) […]
- Comparison of Speech Recognition With an Organ of Corti Versus Spiral Ganglion Frequency-to-Place Function in Place-Based Mapping of Cochlear Implant and Electric-Acoustic Stimulation Devices.
To compare acute speech recognition with a cochlear implant (CI) alone or […]
- Cost-utility Analysis of Cochlear Implantation in Adults With Single-sided Deafness: Austrian and German Perspective.
Single-sided deafness (SSD) is associated with a loss of binaural hearing. Major […]
- Online Ratings and Perceptions of Pediatric Otolaryngologists.
To assess and characterize online ratings and comments on pediatric otolaryngologists and […]
- Petrous Apex Cephaloceles: Radiology Features and Surgical Management of a Rare Entity.
To characterize the radiologic findings of petrous apex cephalocele (PAC) in a […]
- Predictors of Postoperative Electrode Deactivation Among Adult Cochlear Implantees.
To characterize postoperative electrode functionality after adult cochlear implantation; to identify rationale […]
- Prevalence of Otological Disease in Turner Syndrome: A Systematic Review.
Girls and women with Turner syndrome (TS) present with multiple ear and […]
- Rising Resonance Frequency Is the Sole Sign of Early Middle Ear Disease in Children With Adenoid Hypertrophy.
The present study seeks to estimate the potential of multifrequency tympanometry in […]
- Hyoid Bone Syndrome and Dysphonia: Can Throat Pain Affect the Voice?
To investigate the relationship of throat pain and dysphonia.Prospective cohort study.Forty-five subjects […]
- Impedance-pH monitoring Profile of Patients with Reflux and Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome: A Controlled Study.
To study the profile of patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) […]
- Relevance of level IIb neck dissection in patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma.
Cervical nodal metastasis is a key prognostic factor in patients with papillary […]
- Correlation between nasal mucosal temperature change and the perception of nasal patency: a literature review.
The mechanism of nasal airflow sensation is poorly understood. This study aimed […]
- Cryosurgical Ablation for Treatment of Rhinitis: Two-Year Results of a Prospective Multicenter Study.
To assess the long-term (12-24 months) safety and effectiveness of cryoablation of the […]
- Effect of Chronic Kidney Disease on Olfactory Function: A Case-Control Study.
Olfactory function of patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) has been found […]
- Efficacy of Transnasal Endoscopic Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy in Diagnosing Submucosal Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma.
The routine practices of examining submucosal lesions are not suitable for deep […]
- Endoscopy-Assisted Transoral Approach to Resect Parapharyngeal Space Tumors: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
By comparing the endoscopy-assisted transoral approach (EATA) with external approaches (EAs) for […]
- High-frequency Cochlear Nerve Deficit Region: Relationship With Deaf Duration and Cochlear Implantation Performance in Postlingual Deaf Adults.
To analyze the changes of cochlear nerve diameter and the presence of […]
- Imaging Characteristics of Sigmoid Sinus Wall Anomalies, Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, and Spontaneous CSF Leaks.
To assess the frequency of radiographic features of elevated intracranial pressure (ICP) […]
- Improved Speech Intelligibility in Subjects With Stable Sensorineural Hearing Loss Following Intratympanic Dosing of FX-322 in a Phase 1b Study.
There are no approved pharmacologic therapies for chronic sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL). […]
- Management of ENT emergencies during the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic.
Coronavirus disease 2019 imposed dramatic changes on ENT service delivery. Pre-pandemic, such […]
- SARS-CoV-2 Nasopharyngeal Swab as a Foreign Body: A Case Report.
The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic response utilizes nasopharyngeal swabbing as a prolific testing method […]
- Sudden Brief Unilateral Tapering Tinnitus (SBUTT) Is Closely Related to the Lateral Pterygoid Muscle.
To determine the cause of sudden brief unilateral tapering tinnitus (SBUTTs).Five adults […]
- Outcomes of tympanoplasty in a low resource setting: Our experience in 429 ears in Cambodia.
Tympanoplasty outcomes are well established in high income nations, but less reported […]
- Hypothyroidism in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Patients Receiving Radiotherapy With or Without Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors.
Hypothyroidism is a relatively common complication of head and neck squamous cell […]
- Long-Term Survival in 1,931 Patients With Dizziness: Disease- and Symptom-Specific Mortality.
To evaluate mortality among patients referred for suspected vestibular disorder and to […]
- Multi-Institutional Analysis of Outcomes in Supraglottic Jet Ventilation with a Team-Based Approach.
To evaluate the safety and complications of endoscopic airway surgery using supraglottic […]
- Analysis of Factors Causing False-Negative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction Results in Oropharyngeal and Nasopharyngeal Swabs of Patients With COVID-19.
To analyze factors regarding patient characteristics, sampling techniques, and coronavirus disease 2019 […]
- Usage Patterns of CT and MRI in the Evaluation of Otologic Disease.
To evaluate the current trends and usage patterns of radiographic imaging for […]
- Are Opioids Necessary in Middle Ear Surgery? Comparing the Transcanal and Postauricular Approach.
Understand opioid-prescribing patterns in otologic surgery and the difference in opioid use […]
- Contemporary Incremental Healthcare Costs for Chronic Rhinosinusitis in the United States.
Determine contemporary incremental increases in healthcare expenditures and utilization associated with chronic […]
- Dilatation of the Endolymphatic Space in the Ampulla of the Posterior Semicircular Canal: A New Clinical Finding Detected on Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
To investigate the clinical features of ears with dilatation of the endolymphatic […]
- Further Evidence for the Expansion of Adult Cochlear Implant Candidacy Criteria.
1) To complete a follow-up investigation of postoperative outcomes for adult cochlear […]
- Imbalance Associated With Cisplatin Chemotherapy in Adult Cancer Survivors: A Clinical Study.
This study investigated balance problems and vestibular function in adult cancer survivors […]
- Intraoperative Auditory Brainstem Response Results Predict Delayed Sensorineural Hearing Loss After Middle Cranial Fossa Resection of Vestibular Schwannoma.
To identify intraoperative neurophysiologic measures predictive of delayed progressive sensorineural hearing loss […]
- Long-Term Follow-Up After Maxillary Sinus Balloon Sinuplasty and ESS.
The aim of this controlled follow-up study was to compare the need […]
- Predictive Factors for Efficacious Oral Appliance Therapy in Moderate to Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea Patients.
Oral appliances (OAs) are a treatment for obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome […]
- Preoperative Sudden Hearing Loss May Predict Hearing Preservation After Retrosigmoid Resection of Vestibular Schwannoma.
Describe the effect of preoperative sudden hearing loss (SHL) on likelihood of […]
- Prospective Evaluation of Safety of Singing on Steroids: Testing the Truth of Received Wisdom.
Performing while on steroids is widely considered to increase risk of vocal […]
- Study on the Bone Metabolism Indices and Otoconin-90 in Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
To investigate the correlation between benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and abnormal […]
- Subjective Cognitive Symptoms and Dizziness Handicap Inventory (DHI) Performance in Patients With Vestibular Migraine and Menière’s Disease.
Cognitive symptoms in patients with vestibular disorders are far from rare, but […]
- Towards Providing an Automated Approach to Differentiating the Nystagmus of Ménière’s Disease, Vestibular Migraine, and Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
The diagnosis of vertigo is challenging, particularly as patients usually present while […]
- Incidence and Prognosis of Brain Metastases in Head and Neck Cancer Patients at Diagnosis.
Limited data is available on head and neck cancer (HNC) patients presenting […]
- Peritonsillar abscess drainage: using oropharyngeal endoscopy as a therapeutic adjunct and training tool.
Peritonsillar abscess, or quinsy, is one of the most common emergency presentations […]
- 24-Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Variability in Children with Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
To evaluate blood pressure (BP) variability in 24-hour ambulatory BP monitoring in […]
- Arytenoid asymmetry: Is it the most predictive parameter for arytenoid adduction in unilateral vocal fold paralysis?
The aim of this study was to establish arytenoid asymmetry as a […]
- Intraoperative Fluorescence-Guided Surgery in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
The rate of positive margins in head and neck cancers has remained […]
- Management of A-Frame Tracheal Deformity in Children With Endoscopic Resection Tracheoplasty.
Tracheal A-frame deformity is a known consequence of tracheostomy that may lead […]
- Reversibility of mucociliary clearance and olfaction impairment following endoscopic sinus surgery: a prospective observational study.
Chronic rhinosinusitis is associated with altered mucociliary clearance and olfaction. The study […]
- Sialodochitis fibrinosa managed with staged bilateral total parotidectomy.
This paper reports a rare case of a 61-year-old man with sialodochitis […]
- Unusual complications of bone wax at the skull base.
This study aimed to describe the clinical presentation, microbiological profile and management […]
- Bilateral Cochlear Implantation in Children: Long-Term Outcome in the Adult Population With Special Emphasis on the Bilateral Benefit.
To investigate the benefit of bilateral cochlear implantation in adults, who had […]
- Hepatitis C Virus RNA Transcript Associates with Prognosis in Non-human Papillomavirus Associated Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
Hepatitis C virus (HCV) was reported to associate with head and neck […]
- Influence of Protective Face Coverings on the Speech Recognition of Cochlear Implant Patients.
The objectives were to characterize the effects of wearing face coverings on: […]
- Pre-clinical evaluation of a novel robotic system for transoral robotic surgery.
The Versius Surgical System (CMR Surgical, Cambridge, UK) is a new robotic […]
- Pre-existing Vestibular Symptoms Are Associated With Acute Vestibular Symptoms After Gamma Knife Therapy for Vestibular Schwannoma.
To identify pretreatment variables associated with the development of acute vestibular symptoms […]
- Reducing the risks of endoscopic sino-nasal surgery in the Covid-19 era.
Many powered instruments used in routine sinonasal surgery are regarded as an […]
- Salivary Gland Choristoma of the Middle Ear in a Child: A Case Report.
Salivary gland choristoma is an extremely rare middle ear pathology. We present […]
- Standardizing Drug-Induced Sleep Endoscopy Scoring by an Expert Review Panel: Our Experience in 81 Patients.
Assessment of pharyngeal collapse patterns by drug-induced sleep endoscopy (DISE) is often […]
- Using data from over 72,000 individuals to model age-specific increase in service demand from the 2019 modification to NICE criteria for cochlear implantation.
The UK National Institute for Health and Care Excellence has estimated a […]