- Hey Siri: How Effective are Common Voice Recognition Systems at Recognizing Dysphonic Voices?
Interaction with voice recognition systems, such as Siri™ and Alexa™, is an […]
- Effect of Endoscope Sinus Surgery on Pulmonary Function in Cystic Fibrosis Patients: A Meta-Analysis.
The objective of this study was to quantify the effect of endoscopic […]
- The Treatment of Cholesteatomas Involving the Antrum and Mastoid Using Transcanal Underwater Endoscopic Ear Surgery.
The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility and safety […]
- Single Cycle Versus Multiple Cycles of Canalith Repositioning Procedure for Treatment of Posterior Canal Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
To compare the treatment outcomes and complications of single cycle versus multiple […]
- Middle Cranial Fossa Approach to Vestibular Schwannoma Resection in the Older Patient Population.
Compare outcomes of middle cranial fossa approach (MCF) to vestibular schwannoma (VS) […]
- Revised 15-item Glasgow Benefit Inventory with 5 factors based on analysis of a large population study of medical and surgical otorhinolaryngological interventions.
To review, using confirmatory factor analysis, the widely-used 18-question Glasgow Benefit Inventory […]
- Pain After Ear Surgery: A Prospective Evaluation of Endoscopic and Microscopic Approaches.
Assumed advantages of a minimally invasive endoscopic transmeatal approach in ear surgery […]
- Clinical Implication of Diagnostic and Histopathologic Discrepancies in Sinonasal Malignancies.
To evaluate the incidence of histopathologic diagnostic discrepancy for patients referred to […]
- Supraglottic Carcinoma in Intravenous Opioid Drug Abusers: A Distinct Disease with Improved Survival.
Recent evidence indicates an increased prevalence of intravenous opioid drug abusers (IVDAs) […]
- Differences between primary care physicians and specialised neurotologists in the diagnosis of dizziness and vertigo in Japan.
Vertigo and dizziness are frequent symptoms in patients at out-patient services. An […]
- Expression of ACE2 and TMPRSS2 proteins in the upper and lower aerodigestive tracts of rats: implications on COVID 19 infections.
Patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome […]
- Metastatic Disease of the Temporal Bone: A Contemporary Review.
To identify the frequency and primary site of metastatic pathologies to the […]
- A Review of Telemedicine Applications in Otorhinolaryngology: Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Review the published literature of telemedicine’s use within otorhinolaryngology (ORL), highlight its […]
- Extramedullary Plasmacytoma: Long-Term Clinical Outcomes in a Single-Center in China and Literature Review.
The aim is to analyze the clinical outcomes of patients with extramedullary […]
- Transimpedance Matrix (TIM) Measurement for the Detection of Intraoperative Electrode Tip Foldover Using the Slim Modiolar Electrode: A Proof of Concept Study.
The aim of this study is to report on our preliminary experience […]
- Cochlear Implantation in Cases of Inner Ear Malformation: A Novel and Simple Grading, Intracochlear EABR, and Outcomes of Hearing.
To propose a simple grading of inner ear malformation (IEM) and investigate […]
- Patency of Anterior Epitympanic Space and Surgical Outcomes After Endoscopic Ear Surgery for the Attic Cholesteatoma.
To reveal the patency of the anterior epitympanic space (AES) and the […]
- Investigating the Electrical Properties of Different Cochlear Implants.
This study characterises and compares electrical properties and current spread across four […]
- Potential association between recurrent facial nerve palsy and migraines.
This study aimed to investigate the possible association between recurrent facial nerve […]
- Single-use lidocaine hydrochloride 5 per cent w/v and phenylephrine hydrochloride 0.5 per cent w/v topical spray; can it now be employed as a multi-use atomiser?
This study investigated the risk of contamination of lidocaine hydrochloride 5 per […]
- Horizontal sound localisation and speech perception in Bonebridge-implanted single-sided deafness patients.
This study aimed to investigate the benefit of Bonebridge devices in patients […]
- Tolerance of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure After Sinonasal Surgery.
For patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) undergoing sinonasal surgery, there is […]
- CD8+ T Cell Infiltration Predicts Chemoradiosensitivity in Nasopharyngeal or Oropharyngeal Cancer.
Limited information exists regarding the associations between pre-existing immune parameters in the […]
- Alveolar Soft-Part Sarcoma in Olfactory Cleft: A Case Report and Clinicopathological Review.
Sinonasal alveolar soft-part sarcoma (ASPS) is a rare malignant disease that comprises […]
- Ulcerative Warthin Tumor: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
Warthin tumor with ulceration of the surrounding skin is extremely rare, making […]
- Malformations Associated With Pediatric Congenital Cholesteatomas.
To describe malformations associated with pediatric congenital cholesteatomas of the middle ear.Retrospective […]
- Minimising aerosol spread during endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery. Experimental model evaluation of the efficacy of the microscope drape method.
Endoscopic sinus and anterior skull base surgery is considered particularly high risk […]
- Simultaneous Vestibular Schwannoma Resection and Cochlear Implantation Using Electrically Evoked Auditory Brainstem Response Audiometry for Decision-making.
The aim of the study was to evaluate the predictive value regarding […]
- Soft Tissue Metastases in Head and Neck Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
Soft tissue metastases (STM) in head and neck cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma […]
- Inner Ear Enhancement With Delayed 3D-FLAIR MRI Imaging in Vestibular Schwannoma.
To evaluate blood-labyrinth barrier permeability using delayed gadolinium enhanced three-dimensional fluid-attenuated inversion […]
- Is Preoperative Embolization Necessary for Carotid Paraganglioma Resection: Experience of a Tertiary Center.
This study was designed to investigate whether preoperative embolization is a useful […]
- Natural History of Growing Sporadic Vestibular Schwannomas: An Argument for Continued Observation Despite Documented Growth in Select Cases.
Definitive treatment of sporadic vestibular schwannoma (VS) following documented growth is common […]
- Odontogenic Sinusitis-Associated Pott’s Puffy Tumor: A Case Report and Literature Review.
Pott’s puffy tumor (PPT) is a nonneoplastic complication of acute frontal sinusitis […]
- Validation and Precision of Mixed Reality Technology in Baha Attract Implant Surgery.
To test the feasibility of image-guided Baha Attract implant surgery with mixed […]
- Comparative Evaluation of Injection Dexamethasone and Oral Glycerol Versus Injection Dexamethasone Alone in the Treatment of Sudden Onset Sensorineural Deafness.
Our study was aimed at finding a definitive treatment protocol for the […]
- Fluctuations in Subjective Tinnitus Ratings Over Time: Implications for Clinical Research.
Patients with chronic, subjective tinnitus are often administered a battery of audiometric […]
- Coexistence of Basaloid Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Large Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma in the Larynx: A Case Report and Literature Review.
Basaloid squamous cell carcinoma and large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma are not common […]
- A Novel Surgical Technique for the Management of Cerebrospinal Fluid Gusher Encountered During Cochlear Implantation.
: Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) gusher encountered during cochlear implantation are most commonly […]
- Computed Tomography Findings of Complete Branchial Cleft Fistula.
Branchial cleft anomalies are embryonic remnants of the branchial arches and are […]
- Strategies and Controversies in the Treatment With Carbon Dioxide Laser of Laryngeal Hemangioma: A Case Series and Review of the Literature.
The hemangioma is the most common vascular tumor, involving the head and […]
- Management of Cerebrospinal Fluid Rhinorrhea in the Sphenoid Sinus Lateral Recess Through an Endoscopic Endonasal Transpterygoid Approach With Obliteration of the Lateral Recess.
Cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea in the sphenoid sinus lateral recess is a rare […]
- Changes in Vestibular Function in Patients With Head-and-Neck Cancer Undergoing Chemoradiation.
While the cochleotoxicity of cisplatin has been well investigated, less is known […]
- Cochlear Implant Infections and Outcomes: Experience From a Single Large Center.
To review our experience with cochlear implant infections over the past 5 […]
- Extraosseous Ewing Sarcoma of the Cervical Esophagus: Case Report and Literature Review.
This study presents a case of Extraosseous Ewing sarcoma arising in the […]
- Effect of corticosteroid (triamcinolone acetonide) and chlorhexidin on chemotherapy- induced oxidative stress in buccal mucosa of rats.
Oral mucositis (OM) refers to erythematous and ulcerative lesions of the oral […]
- An Unusually Large Object Removed From the Upper Esophagus in a Patient With Self Harm Syndrome.
A 32-year-old female with a history of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia was […]
- Covid-19 and Otologic/Neurotologic Practices: Suggestions to Improve the Safety of Surgery and Consultations.
: Since the beginning of 2020, the world has been confronted by […]
- A New Case of Endoscopic Resection of a Chorda Tympani Schwannoma.
Chorda tympani schwannoma is a very rare tumor, with only 12 reported […]
- Recurrent Intramuscular Hemangioma (Infiltrating Angiolipoma) of the Lower Lip: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
To report a case of a recurrent intramuscular hemangioma (IMH) of the […]
- The Risks of Being Otologist, an Ergonomic and Occupational Hazard Review.
To review occupational ergonomic risks for the Otologist and Neurotologist.MEDLINE, OVID, PubMed, […]
- Efficacy of argon-helium cryoablation andits effects on immune function of patients with neck malignant tumors.
Our study aimedto investigate the clinical efficacy of argon-helium cryoablation and its […]
- A low fidelity Peritonsillar Abscess Drainage Simulator – Our experience of feedback from 117 trainees.
Peritonsillar abscesses are usually managed by junior and non-specialist medical staff, therefore […]
- Relevance of Intraparotid Metastases in Head and Neck Skin Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
Parotid lymph node metastases are common in head and neck cutaneous squamous […]
- Comparing Caliper versus Computed Tomography Measurements of Cranial Dimensions in Children.
We have found no study assessing the accuracy of caliper cranium measurements […]
- Robot-Automated Cartilage Contouring for Complex Ear Reconstruction: A Cadaveric Study.
Auricular reconstruction requiring manual contouring of costal cartilage is complex and time […]
- The impact of resident involvement on tonsillectomy outcomes and surgical time.
Posttonsillectomy hemorrhage can be life-threatening, so we investigated whether patients are at […]
- Laryngology Quality of Life Questionnaire Associations: Towards Reducing Survey Burden.
Outcomes in laryngology focus primarily on patient reported outcome measures (PROMs). The […]
- Management of the Disrupted Airway in Children.
Our objective was to gather data that would enable us to suggest […]
- Correlation of Glottic Gap and Voice Impairment in Presbyphonia.
The objective of this study was to investigate the glottic gap area […]
- Voice-Related Quality of Life in Idiopathic Subglottic Stenosis: Effect of Serial Intralesional Steroid Injections.
Serial intralesional steroid injection (SILSI) is an emerging treatment for idiopathic subglottic […]
- Differing Progression to Posterior Glottic Stenosis in Autoimmune and Idiopathic Subglottic Stenosis.
We sought to characterize rates of progression to posterior glottic stenosis (PGS) […]
- Postoperative Analgesia Protocol: A Resident-Led Effort to Standardize Opioid Prescribing Patterns.
The combined impact of variable surgeon prescribing preferences and low resident prescribing […]