- Accurate Operative Time Prediction in Thyroid Surgery: A Rural Tertiary Care Facility Experience.
To determine whether surgeons can estimate thyroid operative time more accurately than […]
- Central Retinal Artery Occlusion Due to Subperiosteal Orbital Abscess Caused by Acute Sinusitis in a Child: A Case Report.
Central retinal artery occlusion (CRAO) is an ophthalmic emergency and has poor […]
- Effect of Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery on Gustatory Function in Patients With Chronic Rhinosinusitis.
In this study, we investigated the effect of functional endoscopic sinus surgery […]
- Mastoid cavity obliteration using bone pâté versus bioactive glass granules in the management of chronic otitis media (squamous disease): a prospective comparative study.
To compare the efficacy of bone pâté versus bioactive glass in mastoid […]
- Nasal Septum Hemangioma in a 9-Year-Old Boy.
Hemangiomas of the head and neck account for about 7% of all […]
- Objective structured assessment of technical skill in temporal bone dissection: validation of a novel tool.
This study developed an assessment tool that was based on the objective […]
- Reduction in Pediatric Ambulatory Adenotonsillectomy Length of Stay Using Clinical Care Guidelines.
Standardization of postoperative care using clinical care guidelines (CCG) improves quality by […]
- Safety of a New Sinus Irrigation Device in Rhinosinusitis: A Pilot Study.
Puncture and lavage of the paranasal sinuses, previously the primary treatment for […]
- Use of a sternocleidomastoid muscle flap to protect the carotid artery during laryngectomy.
This paper describes a simple method of securing tissue coverage of the […]
- Presentation of External Ear Rosai-Dorfman Disease With Laryngeal Involvement.
Rosai-Dorfman disease (RDD) is a rare benign systemic histiocytic proliferation characterized by […]
- Proteomic Imaging of Vestibular Schwannomas and Normal Nerves. Histopathologic Correlations.
Proteomic analysis of vestibular schwannoma (VS), non-vestibular schwannoma (NVS), and normal nerve […]
- Radiologic Findings in Pediatric Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss.
Pediatric sudden sensorineural hearing loss (pSSNHL) is a rare phenomenon. There is […]
- Stapes Surgery in Far-Advanced Otosclerosis.
Surgical treatment of patients with far-advanced otosclerosis (FAO) has not yet been […]
- Subacute Thyroiditis in COVID-19 Patients.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that occurred in the last […]
- Subglottic and tracheal stenosis associated with coronavirus disease 2019.
Coronavirus disease 2019 critical care patients endure prolonged periods of intubation. Late […]
- The Effect of Cochlear Implantation on Tinnitus and Quality of Life: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
To ascertain the effect of cochlear implantation (CI) on tinnitus and quality […]
- A Comparison of an Artificial Intelligence Tool to Fundamental Frequency as an Outcome Measure in People Seeking a More Feminine Voice.
An artificial intelligence (AI) tool was developed using audio clips of cis-male […]
- A Large Intratemporal Facial Nerve Schwannoma Presenting as an Occluding External Auditory Canal Mass.
Facial nerve schwannomas are rare, benign, slow-growing tumors that can occur in […]
- A Novel Use of Coblation in the Treatment of Tracheal Tumors.
Radiofrequency coblation is a new method of electrosurgical intervention. Most recently, its […]
- A Protocol for Imaging of Cochlear Implantation.
Correct electrode placement is a challenge of cochlear implant surgery, which occurs […]
- Clinical Features and Management of Drop Attacks in Menière’s Disease. Special Emphasis on the Possible Occurrence of Vertigo After the Drop Attacks.
Tumarkin first described drop attacks (DA) in patients with a peripheral vestibular […]
- Evaluating Neurotrophin Signaling Using MicroRNA Perilymph Profiling in Cochlear Implant Patients With and Without Residual Hearing.
MicroRNAs predicted to regulate neurotrophin signaling can be found in human perilymph.Animal […]
- Evaluation of Spin in the Abstracts of Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses Focused on Tinnitus.
The objective was to investigate the prevalence of spin in abstracts of […]
- Length of the Cricoid and Trachea in Children: Predicting Intubation Depth to Prevent Subglottic Stenosis.
Define the length of the subglottis and trachea in children to predict […]
- Posttraumatic Dizziness: Navigating the Maze Towards Accurate Vestibular Diagnosis and Treatment.
Highlight the importance of establishing a differential diagnosis to identify and treat […]
- Radiological findings in spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leaks of the temporal bone.
Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak of the temporal bone is an emerging clinical […]
- Role of Bilateral Inferior Turbinoplasty as an Adjunct to Septoplasty in Improving Nasal Obstruction and Subjective Performance in Patients With Deviated Nasal Septum Associated With Allergic Rhinitis: An Interventional, Prospective Study.
Patients with nasal obstruction due to deviated nasal septum (DNS) often have […]
- Systematic Review of Bilateral Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
To evaluate the success rates of canalith repositioning maneuvers (CRM) in the […]
- Tobacco Use and Skin Reactivity in Patients With Percutaneous Auditory Osseointegrated Implants.
To determine if there is an association between tobacco use and the […]
- Vestibular Function After Bilateral Simultaneous Cochlear Implantation.
Thanks to the advantages of hearing-in-noise and spatial orientation, currently bilateral cochlear […]
- Assessing the Clinical Utility of the Early Postoperative Pharyngogram in Hypopharyngeal Surgery for Dysphagia.
To evaluate the clinical utility of postoperative contrast x-ray pharyngograms (XRP) for […]
- Audio-vestibular Abnormalities in Patients With Vitiligo: A Prospective Case-control Study.
Vitiligo is a disease that is characterized by a deficit of functional […]
- Auditory Performance in Recovered SARS-COV-2 Patients.
While COVID-19 symptoms impact rhinology (anosmia) and laryngology (airways), two major disciplines […]
- Clinical Implementation of Second-generation Minimally Invasive Image-guided Cochlear Implantation Surgery.
Minimally invasive, image-guided cochlear implantation (CI) surgery consists of drilling a precise […]
- Cost-Utility Analysis of Bilateral Cochlear Implantation in Adults With Severe to Profound Sensorineural Hearing Loss in Poland.
The aim of the study was to develop a Markov model and […]
- Effects of Supine and Prone Positions on Nasal Patency in Healthy Individuals.
Supine position reduces nasal patency compared with that in the sitting position; […]
- Endoscopic Transcanal Push-Trough Myringoplasty for Different Types of Tympanic Membrane Perforations.
This study aims to explore the feasibility of endoscopic transcanal push-trough myringoplasty […]
- Gender Prevalence and Trends in Otology and Neurotology Publications.
To assess otology and neurotology authorship by gender, subject, and country of […]
- Sinonasal Carcinoma and Ohngren’s Line: Retrospective Cohort Study of 39 Patients.
Approximately two thirds of this study cohort displayed a sinonasal carcinoma extending […]
- Spectral resolution and speech perception after cochlear implantation using the round window versus cochleostomy technique.
To evaluate the spectral resolution achieved with a cochlear implant in users […]
- Transarterial Embolization for Bleeding in Patients with Head and Neck Cancer: Who Benefits?
The present study aimed to investigate the efficacy of transarterial embolization (TAE) […]
- Discordant SARS-CoV-2 Detection in the Nasopharynx versus Trachea for Patients with Tracheostomies.
Patients with tracheostomies have an anatomically altered connection between their upper and […]
- Intubation-Related Laryngeal Deficiency and Vocal Fold Immobility in Pediatric Premature Patients.
We report a posterior laryngeal rating system and measures of voice disability […]
- Prognostic Role of Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes and Tumor Budding in Early Oral Tongue Carcinoma.
Occult lymph metastasis is an important prognosticator for the treatment of early […]
- A three-dimensional printed myringotomy, tympanostomy and ventilation tube placement simulator.
Tympanostomy is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures in otolaryngology, […]
- Intratympanic Lipopolysaccharide Elevates Systemic Fluorescent Gentamicin Uptake in the Cochlea.
Lipopolysaccharide (LPS), a key component of bacterial endotoxins, activates macrophages and triggers […]
- Neurilemmoma of the Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinuses.
Neurilemmoma in the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses is very rare. The […]
- The Nasal Obstruction Balance Index: A Novel Approach to Improving Correlation Between Unilateral Nasal Airway Measurements and Evaluating Nasal Airway Asymmetry.
Demonstrate that the Nasal Obstruction Balance Index (NOBI) model fulfils the unmet […]
- Implication of the New AJCC pT Classification of SCC of the Lip Comparing With Other Oral Subsites.
To determine the implication of the new AJCC staging system for pT […]
- Accuracy, predictability and prognostic implications of fine needle aspiration biopsy for parotid gland tumors: A retrospective case series.
To evaluate the precision and utility of Fine-needle aspiration (FNA) in differentiating […]
- Speech Characteristics and Oromyofunctional Outcomes in Two Bimaxillary Face Transplantation Patients in Helsinki.
Facial functional restoration is one of the main goals in face transplantation. […]
- Exclusive Endoscopic Laser-Stapedotomy: Feasibility of an Ovine Training Model.
Stapedotomy is an effective treatment for conductive hearing loss associated with otosclerosis. […]
- Microbiology of Acute Maxillary Sinusitis in Children.
Acute rhinosinusitis is a frequent common cold-related complication in children. Despite the […]
- Patients’ Perceptions of Resident Surgeon Involvement in Otolaryngology.
To assess patient acceptance of resident involvement in otolaryngologic procedures and to […]
- Characteristics, Natural Evolution and Surgical Treatment Outcomes of Unilateral Laryngeal Paralysis versus Ankylosis: a Longitudinal Cohort Study.
although unilateral laryngeal immobility (ULI) can results from paralysis or ankylosis of […]
- Chronic rhinosinusitis: eosinophil blood reference values and decision limits and tissue count intravariability.
1. Our diagnostic laboratory reference interval for blood eosinophil counts of 0.00-0.4 […]
- Evidence for Above Cuff Vocalization in Patients With a Tracheostomy: A Systematic Review.
To determine how above cuff vocalization (ACV) is implemented in clinical practice, […]
- Subcutaneous Versus Sublingual Immunotherapy for Adults with Allergic Rhinitis: A Systematic Review with Meta-Analyses.
To determine whether subcutaneous immunotherapy (SCIT) or sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) better improves […]
- Lateral Neck Dissection for Well-Differentiated Thyroid Carcinoma: Is Prophylactic Level V Neck Dissection Necessary? A Retrospective Cohort Study.
The presence of clinically detectable papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) metastases in the […]
- Repair Exposure of the Postauricular Tissue Expander Using the Modified Brent Method: A 7-Year Experience.
Ear reconstruction is a challenging surgery for the complicated conditions in patients […]
- Sudden hearing loss and coronavirus disease 2019: the role of corticosteroid intra-tympanic injection in hearing improvement.
Coronavirus disease 2019 was first seen in December 2019. Due to the […]
- Variations in funding for treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea in England.
This study aimed to review the funding policies of clinical commissioning groups […]