- Rupture-Like Shrinkage and Regrowth of Endolymphatic Hydrops in Ménière’s Disease During Remission.
To clarify pathophysiological characteristics of Ménière’s disease during the remission phase.Two Ménière’s […]
- A Web-Based Deep Learning Model for Automated Diagnosis of Otoscopic Images.
To develop a multiclass-classifier deep learning model and website for distinguishing tympanic […]
- Quality Indicators for the Diagnosis and Management of Menière’s Disease.
Menière’s disease (MD) is a clinical disorder that often provides challenges in […]
- Surgical Experience and Early Audiological Outcomes With New Active Transcutaneous Bone Conduction Implant.
Our objective was to report the very first surgical experiences, audiologic benefits, […]
- Contralesional High-Acceleration Vestibulo-Ocular Reflex Function in Vestibular Schwannoma.
Impairment of ipsilesional vestibulo-ocular reflex (VOR) function is well described in vestibular […]
- Sleep Performance and Chronotype Behavior in Unilateral Vestibular Hypofunction.
To evaluate sleep behavior and its relation to otoneurological parameters in a […]
- Persistent Postural-Perceptual Dizziness in Children and Adolescents.
Persistent postural-perceptual dizziness (PPPD) is a recently defined diagnostic syndrome characterized by […]
- Sociodemographic Disparities in Pediatric Cochlear Implantation Access and Use: A Systematic Review.
Pediatric cochlear implantation (CI) is a multistep process, which exposes a healthcare […]
- Sinonasal Issues After Maxillectomy With Free Flap Reconstruction: Incidence and Clinical Approach.
To characterize the clinical features associated with sinonasal complaints after maxillectomy with […]
- Tonsillectomy Outcomes for Children With Severe Obesity.
To determine the success of an adenotonsillectomy (T&A) in treating children with […]
- Endoscopic Endonasal Orbital Apex Decompression for Carotid Cavernous Fistula.
This case report demonstrates a novel approach to treating a rare indirect […]
- Isolated Traumatic Dislocation of the Malleus into the External Auditory Canal.
We report a rare case of isolated malleus dislocation into the external […]
- Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study in Diagnostics of H-Type Tracheoesophageal Fistula in Children.
Esophageal atresia remains one of the most challenging congenital anomalies of the […]
- Cost Effectiveness of Cochlear Implantation in Single-Sided Deafness.
To analyze the cost effectiveness of cochlear implantation (CI) for the treatment […]
- Preoperative Criteria Predict Operative Time Variability Within Tympanoplasty Procedures.
To identify preoperative patient and surgical parameters that predict operative time variability […]
- The Impact of Superior Canal Dehiscence on Power Absorbance, Otoacoustic Emissions, and Hearing in Fat Sand Rats.
Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence (SSCD) may lead to vestibular and auditory impairments.To […]
- A Clinical Evaluation of Minimally Invasive Ponto Surgery With a Modified Drill System for Inserting Bone-Anchored Hearing Implants.
To compare 6-months outcomes of the modified minimally invasive Ponto surgery (m-MIPS) […]
- Comparing ultrasound assessment of thyroid nodules using BTA U classification and ACR TIRADS measured against histopathological diagnosis.
The British Thyroid Association (BTA) recommend ultrasound assessment of thyroid nodules using […]
- Qualitative assessment of YouTube videos as a source of patient information for cochlear implant surgery.
YouTube is increasingly used as a source of healthcare information. This study […]
- Association Between Postoperative Vertigo and Hearing Outcomes After Stapes Surgery for Otosclerosis.
During the postoperative period, most patients with otosclerosis report vertigo and/or nausea […]
- Surgical Approach to Frontal and Ethmoid Sinus Osteomas: The Experience of 2 Metropolitan Italian Hospitals.
The aim of this study was to report the surgical management experience […]
- Early Internal Branch of Superior Laryngeal Nerve Bifurcation Passes Through Double Thyroid Foramen.
Internal branch of superior laryngeal nerve (ibSLN) provides sensory innervation mostly to […]
- Management of Jugular Bulb Injury During Transcanal Endoscopic Tympanoplasty.
Variable internal jugular vein anatomy is not rare. A high jugular bulb […]
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss and Tinnitus Characteristics in Patients With Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension.
To characterize patterns of sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) and tinnitus in patients […]
- High-Fidelity Surgical Middle Ear Simulator: A Pilot Study.
To assess a middle ear simulator as a surgical training tool among […]
- Surgical Outcomes After Conservative Resection of Vestibular Schwannoma in the Elderly.
To assess outcomes after surgery for vestibular schwannoma in patients over 70 years […]
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Versus Intratympanic Steroid for Salvage Treatment of Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
The aim of this meta-analysis is to compare the efficacy of hyperbaric […]
- Spectral Composition of Body Sway in Persistent Postural-Perceptual Dizziness.
Previous studies in phobic postural vertigo patients showed characteristic frequency changes in […]
- Stapedotomy Removing Only the Stapes Head and Not the Entire Stapes Superstructure: Long-Term Results.
To describe a new stapedotomy in which is removed only the stapes […]
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients with Hearing Implants – Follow-up on Prevalence and Complications.
To examine the number of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examinations performed in […]
- 3D-reconstructions of Bast’s Valve and Membranous Labyrinth: Insights for Vestibular Implantation and Meniere’s Disease.
Bast’s valve is a poorly understood inner ear structure located at the […]
- A Novel 3D-Printed Head Holder for Guinea Pig Ear Surgery.
Otologic surgery in guinea pig requires head immobilization for microscopic manipulation. Existing […]
- Cortical Auditory Plasticity Following Cochlear Implantation in Children with Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder: A Prospective Study.
The cortical auditory evoked potential (CAEP) can provide an insight into the […]
- Canalplasty for Exostosis Removal Comparing Microscopic Versus Endoscopic Ear Surgery Techniques.
To compare an endoscopic versus microscopic approach to removal of exostoses and […]
- Congenital Unilateral Hearing Loss: Characteristics and Etiological Analysis in 121 Patients.
To describe the characteristics and etiological analysis in patients with congenital unilateral […]
- Notch Signaling in Acquired Middle Ear Cholesteatoma.
We hypothesized that an anomalous change of Notch signaling might be involved […]
- Supracricoid Partial Laryngectomy With and Without Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Glottic Cancer.
To demonstrate that a group of patients who are not considered candidates […]
- Underwater Endoscopic Ear Surgery for Closure of Cholesteatomatous Labyrinthine Fistula With Preservation of Auditory Function.
To analyze the outcomes of the underwater endoscopic ear surgery (UWEES) technique […]
- Hearing Outcomes for an Underwater Endoscopic Technique for Transmastoid Repair of Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence.
To compare hearing outcomes between traditional microsurgical transmastoid repairs and underwater, endoscopic […]
- The Influence of Ciprofloxacin-Dexamethasone Ear Drops on Perforation Closure Rates After Endoscopic Tympanoplasty.
Topical ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone have both been shown to disrupt healing of […]
- Comparing Transcanal Endoscopic Ear Surgery to Post-Auricular Microscope-Guided Surgery in Pediatric Ossiculoplasty: Hearing Outcomes and Post-Operative Pain.
This study compares post-operative hearing outcomes and morbidity after pediatric total ossicular […]
- Colon Cancer With Metastatic Involvement of the Thyroid Incidentally Found at Excision of Parathyroid Adenoma.
Metastatic disease from primary colon cancer in the thyroid is rare. The […]
- ENT Telephone Clinics During the Coronavirus Pandemic: An Analysis of 400 Telephone Consultations at a District General Hospital.
The COVID-19 pandemic led to the introduction of telephone consultations in order […]
- An Unusual Case of Stubborn Petrified Pinna.
Petrified pinna is clinically characterized by an unbending rigid stone hard ear. […]
- The Acid Test: Proton Pump Inhibitors in Persistent Throat Symptoms: A Systematic Review of Systematic Reviews.
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) have evolved to become a frequent treatment option […]
- The use of magnetic resonance imaging in the investigation of patients with unilateral non-pulsatile tinnitus without asymmetrical hearing loss.
Tinnitus is a common condition presenting to the ENT out-patient clinic. Vestibular […]
- Association of Plate Contouring With Hardware Complications Following Mandibular Reconstruction.
Despite considerable effort being dedicated to contouring reconstruction plates, there remains limited […]
- Effects of Cough Suppression Therapy on Voice Disorder Severity.
To determine changes in voice severity when treating chronic cough refractory to […]
- Endoscopic and Computed Tomography Evaluation of Posterior Glottic Closure During Phonation.
The anatomy of the posterior glottis, specifically the states of the posterior […]
- Sclerotherapy Versus Cautery/Laser Treatment for Epistaxis in Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia.
Surgical interventions for epistaxis management in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) demonstrate short-term […]
- Socioeconomic Status and Survival in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: A Population-Based Study.
To evaluate survival for nasopharyngeal carcinoma in relation to socioeconomic status.Retrospective cohort […]
- Clinical Characteristics, Classification, and Management of Adult Nasopharyngolaryngeal Hemangioma.
To analyze the clinical features, classification, and treatment of adult nasopharyngolaryngeal hemangioma […]
- Efficacy of Topical Epinephrine in Tympanoplasty.
To compare the hemostatic effects of commonly used concentrations of topical epinephrine […]
- Evidence of Tinnitus Development Due to Stress: An Experimental Study in Rats.
Tinnitus can develop due to, or be aggravated by, stress in a […]
- How readable and reliable is online patient information on chronic rhinosinusitis?
This study aimed to assess the quality and readability of websites on […]
- Maxillary Sinus Floor Infiltration: Results From a Series of 118 Maxillary Sinus Cancers.
Maxillary cancers are rare and aggressive tumors, which can spread beyond the […]
- Outcomes for head and neck cancer patients admitted to intensive care in Australia and New Zealand between 2000 and 2016.
To report intensive care unit admission outcomes for head and neck cancer […]
- Surveillance Imaging Following Head and Neck Cancer Treatment and Microvascular Reconstruction.
To assess the accuracy and utility of positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) […]
- A Critical Evaluation of “The Ear that Hears Badly” in the Ebers Papyrus.
The Ebers papyrus (1,550 BC) is one of the most complete medical […]
- Arachnoid Cysts of the Internal Auditory Canal: Multiplanar Magnetic Resonance Imaging With Audio-Vestibular Correlates.
To investigate prevalence, radiological characteristics, and functional correlates of arachnoid cysts (AC) […]
- Characterizing Decisional Conflict in Patients Presenting to Sleep Surgery Clinic and an Exploration of Resource Limitations.
Numerous therapies exist for adult obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), creating potential for […]
- The Effect of Different Round Window Sealants on Cochlear Mechanics Over Time.
This project investigated the effects of round window membrane (RWM) sealants after […]