- Pharmacological Prevention of Noise-induced Hearing Loss: A Systematic Review.
This study aims to explore and determine the effectiveness of current pharmacologic […]
- Effect of Nebulized Magnesium vs Placebo Added to Albuterol on Hospitalization Among Children With Refractory Acute Asthma Treated in the Emergency Department: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
While intravenous magnesium decreases hospitalizations in refractory pediatric acute asthma, it is […]
- Phonation Threshold Pressure/Flow for Reflecting Glottal Closure in Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis.
Previous theoretical analysis predicted that phonation threshold flow (PTF) could be a […]
- A Comparison of Dizziness Handicap Inventory Scores by Categories of Vestibular Diagnoses.
The Dizziness Handicap Inventory (DHI) is a 25-item self-report quantifying dizziness-related physical […]
- Evolution in Management Trends of Sporadic Vestibular Schwannoma in the United States Over the Last Half-century.
Limited data currently characterize management trends of sporadic vestibular schwannoma (VS) in […]
- Nystagmus and Vertigo in Acute Vestibular Migraine Attacks: Response to Non-Invasive Vagus Nerve Stimulation.
Vestibular migraine (VM) is the most common neurologic cause of vertigo in […]
- Transient Subacute Facial Nerve Dysfunction After Dual Modality Treatment of Large Vestibular Schwannomas.
1: Describe subacute facial nerve paralysis after salvage stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS). 2: […]
- Vestibular Screening Before Cochlear Implantation: Clinical Implications and Challenges in 409 Cochlear Implant Recipients.
Cochlear implantation (CI) carries a risk of loss of vestibular function following […]
- Do Patients Benefit From a Cochlear Implant When They Qualify Only in the Presence of Background Noise?
To compare the difference in pre- to postoperative speech performance of patients […]
- Role of Preoperative Patient Expectations in Adult Cochlear Implant Outcomes.
Preoperative expectations affect patient outcomes in many health conditions, but expectations are […]
- What is the role of surgical simulation on operative opportunity for the trainee ENT surgeon?
This study sought to assess the impact of simulation training in influencing […]
- The Effect of Dupilumab on Intractable Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps in Japan.
Dupilumab, which blocks the shared receptor component for interleukin-4 and interleukin-13, reduced […]
- A Pitfall in Prenatal Ultrasonic Detection of Submucous Cleft Palate.
We present a case with prenatal diagnosis of submucous cleft palate (SMCP) […]
- Standard Programming of Retrograde Electrode Insertion via Middle-Turn Cochleostomy in Labyrinthitis Ossificans.
Successful cochlear implantation in the setting of labyrinthitis ossificans is challenging. Various […]
- Frontoethmoidal Extranasopharyngeal Angiofibroma With Orbital Pyocele.
Significance StatementExtranasopharyngeal angiofibromas (ENA) are rare vascular tumors that do not conform […]
- SerenoCemTM granules: a retrospective analysis of 43 patients and identification of a subset with progressive erosion.
SerenoCemTM granules (Corinthian Surgical Limited – Nottingham) were introduced in 1999 and […]
- Prevalence of olfactory dysfunction in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): A meta-analysis of 27492 patients.
Olfactory dysfunction has been observed as one of the clinical manifestations in […]
- Timing and volume of information produced for the Otolaryngologist during the COVID-19 pandemic in the UK. A review of the volume of online literature.
The SARS-CoV-2 was first reported in December 2019 in Wuhan, China and […]
- Crumley’s Classification of Laryngeal Synkinesis: A Comparison of Laryngoscopy and Electromyography.
Applying the principles of misdirected nerve regeneration to the larynx, Roger Crumley […]
- Deep Learning for Voice Gender Identification: Proof-of-concept for Gender-Affirming Voice Care.
The need for gender-affirming voice care has been increasing in the transgender […]
- A Rare Case of Prostate Carcinoma Metastasis in the Orbital Apex.
Prostate cancer (PC) is prone to bone metastases, but very rarely it […]
- Hypertrophic Pachymeningitis of the Internal Auditory Canal Induced by a Labyrinthine Fistula Complicated With Cholesteatoma.
Hypertrophic pachymeningitis (HP) is defined by inflammation and thickening of the dura […]
- Primary Heterotopic Meningioma of Nasal Cavity: Case Report and Literature Review.
Primary heterotopic meningiomas are lesions that are not associated with a cranial […]
- Nodular Oncocytic Hyperplasia of Bilateral Parotid Glands With Parapharyngeal Space Extension.
Oncocytic tumors comprise a group of rare benign neoplasm of salivary glands, […]
- Vestibular Function in Psoriasis Patients.
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disease that is characterized by T-cell-mediated hyperproliferation […]
- Role of Narrow Band Imaging Endoscopy in Preoperative Evaluation of Laryngeal Leukoplakia: A Review of the Literature.
Leukoplakia is a precancerous lesion considered to be within the spectrum of […]
- Factors associated with the development of paediatric chronic otitis media by age nine: a prospective longitudinal cohort study of 6560 children.
This study aimed to analyse social, health and environmental factors associated with […]
- Opioid Usage and Prescribing Predictors Following Transoral Robotic Surgery for Oropharyngeal Cancer.
Pain management following transoral robotic surgery (TORS) varies widely. We aim to […]
- Long-Term Stability and Safety of the Soundbridge Coupled to the Round Window.
The objective of the study was to demonstrate the long-term outcomes of […]
- Parosmia is Associated with Relevant Olfactory Recovery After Olfactory Training.
This study aims to determine the association between parosmia and clinically relevant […]
- Efficacy of balloon Eustachian tuboplasty as a first line treatment for otitis media with effusion in children.
This study aimed to compare the outcomes of ventilation tube insertion and […]
- Middle Ear Viral Load Considerations in the COVID-19 Era: A Systematic Review.
To systematically review the available medical literature to investigate the viral load […]
- Management of Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Around the World: An International Study.
To investigate worldwide practices of otolaryngologists in the management of laryngopharyngeal reflux […]
- Sialographic Analysis of Radioiodine-Associated Chronic Sialadenitis.
To apply a novel sialography classification system to identify parotid and submandibular […]
- Internal Auditory Canal Diverticula in Children: A Congenital Variant.
Internal auditory diverticula in adults have been found to exist independent of […]
- Comparison of Ossiculoplasty Outcomes Using Different Materials in the Treatment of Chronic Otitis Media.
This study aimed to evaluate success rates after ossicular chain reconstruction using […]
- Multinational Appraisal of the Chronic Otitis Media Questionnaire 12 (COMQ-12).
The Chronic Otitis Media Questionnaire-12 (COMQ-12) assesses patient-reported health-related quality of life. […]
- Otosclerosis in an Urban Population.
To investigate the evolving prevalence of otosclerosis in a large urban population.A […]
- Triple Canal Occlusion for the Treatment of Intractable Menière’s Disease.
Menière’s disease can be a debilitating condition but in most cases the […]
- JAK/STAT Dysregulation With SOCS1 Overexpression in Acquired Cholesteatoma-Adjacent Mucosa.
Surgery remains the gold standard in cholesteatoma treatment. However, the rate of […]
- Rising Costs of Otic Drops: Review of a National Database.
US prescription drug prices have increased substantially during the past decade and […]
- Pain Experience and Tolerance of Awake In-Office Upper Airway Procedures: Influencing Factors.
Awake, unsedated in-office upper airway procedures are performed frequently and have high […]
- Electrocochleography Observations in a Series of Cochlear Implant Electrode Tip Fold-Overs.
Tip fold-over is a rare but serious complication of cochlear implant (CI) […]
- Tinnitus Is Associated With Extended High-Frequency Hearing Loss and Hidden High-Frequency Damage in Young Patients.
To analyze the results of extended high-frequency (EHF) and high-frequency hearing tests […]
- Survival and treatment outcome of head and neck cancer patients with pulmonary oligo-metastases.
The purpose of this study is to determine the outcome of head […]
- Promoting Tobacco Use Among Students: The U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company College Marketing Program.
From the 1970s-1990s the U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company (USST) conducted aggressive campaigns […]
- A Dizzying Complaint: Investigating the Intended Meaning of Dizziness Among Patients and Providers.
To assess for semantic differences regarding the definition of dizziness among otolaryngology […]
- Prospective Study of Disease-Specific Quality-of-Life in Sporadic Vestibular Schwannoma Comparing Observation, Radiosurgery, and Microsurgery.
Previous cross-sectional studies analyzing quality of life (QOL) outcomes in patients with […]
- Clinical Swallowing Profile Change in HNC Patients Treated with C/RT.
To demonstrate utility of the Mann Assessment of Swallowing Ability-Cancer (MASA-C) to […]
- Predictors of Completion of Sublingual Immunotherapy.
Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) has emerged as an effective treatment alternative to subcutaneous […]
- Malnutrition as a Risk Factor in Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery.
To assess the prevalence of acute and chronic malnutrition at the time […]
- Tertiary Lymphoid Organs: A Primer for Otolaryngologists.
Lymphoid neogenesis or the development of organised, de novo lymphoid structures has […]
- Prevalence of Multidrug-Resistant Organisms in Patients Undergoing Free Flap Reconstruction.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the relationship between antibiotic […]
- Resection of a Giant Hypopharyngeal Liposarcoma Invading the Esophagus by Lateral Pharyngotomy: A Case Report.
Hypopharyngeal liposarcomas are extremely rare. Due to the lack of experience, pathologists […]
- Within-Subject Comparisons of the Auditory Brainstem Response and Uncomfortable Loudness Levels in Ears With and Without Tinnitus in Unilateral Tinnitus Subjects With Normal Audiograms.
To evaluate whether cochlear synaptopathy is a common pathophysiologic cause of tinnitus […]
- Role of specific IgE on staphylococcal enterotoxin B in chronic rhinosinusitis severity.
To investigate the clinical significance of specific IgE-staphylococcal enterotoxin B (IgE-SEB) in […]
- The implications of variations in nasal irrigation recipes in the United Kingdom.
This study aims to investigate the variations in publicly available nasal irrigation […]
- A Multispecialty Critical Airway Simulation Course for Medical Students.
To develop a novel multispecialty simulation-based course that teaches both technical and […]
- A Systematic Review of Nonautologous Graft Materials Used in Human Tympanoplasty.
Nonautologous graft materials may solve several dilemmas in tympanoplasty by obviating the […]
- Pintail Comb Injury as a Rare Cause of Penetrating Temporal Bone Trauma With Facial Paralysis.
We present a case of novel penetrating temporal bone trauma with a […]
- Posterior Pharyngeal Wall Tuberculosis-A Forgotten Entity Mimicking Malignancy.
Tuberculosis (TB) of posterior pharyngeal wall (PPW), either primary or secondary, is […]
- Concomitant Dehiscences of the Temporal Bone: A Case-Based Study.
Otic capsule dehiscences create a pathological third window in the inner ear […]