- Suppurative keloids: a complication of severe keloid disease.
Some keloids show cystic cavities that give rise to acute inflammatory flares […]
- Comorbidities, Mortality and Survival in Patients with Pyoderma Gangrenosum: A Danish Nationwide Registry-Nested Case-Control Study.
Pyoderma gangrenosum (PG) is an ulcerative skin disease associated with comorbidities and […]
- Paternal and maternal use of dupilumab in patients with atopic dermatitis: a case series.
Dupilumab is a relatively new treatment option for patients with moderate-to-severe atopic […]
- Climate change, human migration, and skin disease: is there a link?
Climate change, exemplified by higher average global temperatures resulting in more frequent […]
- Clinical Characteristics and Burden of Disease in Prurigo Nodularis.
Prurigo nodularis (PN) is a chronic inflammatory skin disease characterized by intense […]
- International registry of dermatological manifestations secondary to COVID-19 infection in 347 Hispanic patients from 25 countries.
The infection by coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has been associated with multiple […]
- A GWAS identifies novel gene associations with facial skin wrinkling and mole count in Latin-Americans.
Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have identified genes influencing skin ageing and mole […]
- Domains and outcomes of the core outcome set of congenital melanocytic naevi for clinical practice and research, part 2 (the OCOMEN project).
Congenital melanocytic naevi (CMN) can have a great impact on patients’ lives […]
- Evaluation of plasma and urinary levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in patients with infantile hemangioma.
The pathogenesis of infantile hemangioma (IH) is not fully understood. It has […]
- Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Local Recurrence Rates of Head and Neck Cutaneous Melanomas after Wide Local Excision, Mohs Micrographic Surgery, or Staged Excision.
Prospective trials have not compared local recurrence rates for different excision techniques […]
- Views on Mobile Health Apps for Skin Cancer Screening in the General Population: An In-Depth Qualitative Exploration of Perceived Barriers and Facilitators.
Mobile health (mHealth) applications (apps) integrated with artificial Intelligence (AI) for skin […]
- Efficacy and Safety of Ruxolitinib Cream for the Treatment of Atopic Dermatitis: Results From Two Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind Studies.
Ruxolitinib (RUX) cream demonstrated potent anti-inflammatory and antipruritic efficacy in a phase […]
- Polymorphisms in eicosanoid-related biosynthesis enzymes associated with acute urticaria/angioedema induced by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug hypersensitivity.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), probably the most consumed medicines, are the main […]
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and the skin: implications for the dermatologist.
B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is the most prevalent leukemia in the […]
- Dermatologic Support for Oncology: Quantifying the consultative services received by hospitalized oncology patients.
Dermatology was the fifth most utilized consultative service by Oncology when compared […]
- Effects of ısotretinoin on the growth rate and thickness of the nail plate.
Isotretinoin has various effects on nails. However, the mechanism of how isotretinoin […]
- Proof-of-concept for clinical effects of oral rilzabrutinib, the first Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitor for pemphigus vulgaris: the phase 2 BELIEVE study.
Bruton tyrosine kinase (BTK) inhibition targets B-cell and other non-T-cell immune cells […]
- Reporting of randomized controlled trial abstracts in dermatology journals according to CONSORT guidelines.
Clinicians often only read the abstracts of studies1,2 so accurate and complete […]
- Article Topic/Title: Primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomas other than Mycosis Fungoides and Sezary Syndrome. Part II: Prognosis and Management.
Primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomas (CTCLs) other than Mycosis Fungoides (MF) and Sézary […]
- Diagnostic performance of high throughput sequencing of the T-cell receptor beta gene for the diagnosis of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
The early diagnosis of cutaneous T-cell lymphomas (CTCL) may be challenging and […]
- Development of a condition-specific patient-reported outcome measure for measuring symptoms and appearance in vascular malformations: the OVAMA questionnaire.
The symptoms and appearance of vascular malformations can severely harm a patient’s […]
- Global Guidelines in Dermatology Mapping Project (GUIDEMAP): a scoping review of dermatology clinical practice guidelines.
Clinical practice guidelines (CPGs), statements that include recommendations intended to optimise patient […]
- Performance of ABCD-10 and SCORTEN Mortality Prediction Models in a Cohort of Patients with Stevens-Johnson Syndrome/Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.
ABCD-10 has recently been proposed as an alternative to the SCORTEN model […]
- Primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomas other than Mycosis Fungoides and Sezary Syndrome – Part I: Clinical and histologic features and diagnosis.
Primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomas (CTCLs) are defined as lymphomas with a T-cell […]
- The effectiveness of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) in the treatment of facial skin oily seborrhea, enlarged pores, and symptom complex of post-acne.
This study aimed to examine the effectiveness of botulinum toxin type A […]
- Treatment of Pediatric Alopecia Areata: A Systematic Review.
Alopecia areata (AA) is an autoimmune, non-scarring hair loss disorder with slightly […]
- Ichthyosiform sarcoidosis: Report of a case and comprehensive review of the literature.
Sarcoidosis is a disease that can affect a multitude of organs and […]
- TYK 2 inhibitors for the treatment of dermatologic conditions: the evolution of JAK inhibitors.
Increasing understanding of cytokines as major drivers of immune-mediated diseases has revolutionized […]
- Athena: Specialty Certificate Examination case for outpatient medical dermatology.
A twenty-year-old black woman presents to clinic with a two-year history of […]
- CME article Part II. Hair Transplantation: Surgical Technique.
The second part of this Hair Transplantation review concentrates on technical aspects […]
- Efficacy of secukinumab and adalimumab in psoriatic arthritis patients with concomitant moderate to severe plaque psoriasis: Results from the EXCEED, a randomised, double-blind head-to-head monotherapy study.
Secukinumab (an interleukin [IL]-17A inhibitor) has demonstrated significantly higher efficacy vs. etanercept […]
- Mycoplasma induced Steven-Johnson Syndrome/Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis: Case-control analysis of a cohort managed in a specialized center.
Mycoplasma pneumoniae (MP) infection is associated with extrapulmonary complications such as Stevens-Johnson […]
- The incidence of psoriasis in Chile: an analysis of the national Waiting List Repository.
Psoriasis is a serious, chronic non-communicable disease. However, the fundamental measure of […]
- Validation of CP-GEP (Merlin Assay) for predicting sentinel lymph node metastasis in primary cutaneous melanoma patients: A U.S. cohort study.
Approximately 85% of melanoma patients who undergo a sentinel lymph node biopsy […]
- Who writes dermatology randomized controlled trials? The need to specify the role of medical writers.
Medical writers are non-authors who may make major contributions to the preparation […]
- A Descriptive Evaluation of Resident Prescription Writing Errors and Self-Perceived Learning Needs in Dermatology.
Prescribing errors in medical practice are common and may be preventable in […]
- Athena: Speciality Certificate Examination case for Paediatrics and Genetics.
A four-month-old male baby presents in accident & emergency department with fever […]
- Dermatological Manifestations In Children With Chronic Kidney Disease: A Study from A North Indian Tertiary Care Institute.
Dermatological manifestations due to impaired renal functions in children with chronic kidney […]
- Hair Transplantation: Basic Overview.
Modern hair restoration surgery is based on a technique known as follicular […]
- Natural evolution in pediatric cutaneous mastocytosis: 10-year follow-up.
Mastocytosis is a heterogeneous group of myeloproliferative disorders characterized by accumulation of […]
- A review of Nigella sativa plant-based therapy in dermatology.
Nigella sativa (N. sativa) is a widely used medicinal herb with a […]
- Multifaceted array-based keloidal gene expression profiling reveals specific MDFI upregulation in keloid lesions.
Keloid lesions are characterized by mesenchymal cell proliferation and excessive extracellular matrix […]
- Onychoscopy in a Colombian population with toenail onychomycosis diagnosis: an evaluating diagnostic test study.
Onychomycosis is defined as the infection of nails caused by dermatophytes, yeasts, […]
- Complete response in a patient with advanced melanoma following anti-PD-1 therapy is associated with high frequency of melanoma-infiltrating CXCR3+ resident memory CD8+ T cells and multiple chemokine pathways.
The use of immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICI), such as anti-programmed cell death-1 […]
- Drop in biological initiation for patients with psoriasis during the COVID-pandemic.
Biologics have become the backbone of chronic inflammatory diseases treatment, including psoriasis. […]
- Real-world experience on off-label use of imiquimod 5% as an adjuvant therapy after surgery or as a monotherapy for lentigo maligna.
Because of the tendency of lentigo maligna (LM) for subclinical extension, staged […]
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: pathogenesis, clinical presentation, epidemiology, and comorbid associations.
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that is clinically […]
- Salt and skin.
The introduction of salt as a therapeutic agent in dermatological disorders has […]
- Bimekizumab versus Adalimumab in Plaque Psoriasis.
Bimekizumab is a monoclonal IgG1 antibody that selectively inhibits interleukin-17A and interleukin-17F. […]
- Bimekizumab versus Secukinumab in Plaque Psoriasis.
Bimekizumab is a monoclonal IgG1 antibody that selectively inhibits both interleukin-17A and […]
- Clinical Impact of Immunotherapy in Merkel Cell Carcinoma patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
Immunotherapy is emerging as an alternative for Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC), but […]
- YouTube as a source of educational information for natural hair.
There has been a rise in popularity of natural hair, a movement […]
- The chameleon rash: a review of the polyphenotypic dermatoses of dermatomyositis.
Dermatomyositis (DM) is an autoimmune connective tissue disease which is included in […]
- Hand eczema and temporal variation of Staphylococcus aureus clonal complexes: A prospective observational study.
Hand eczema (HE) is frequently colonized with Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus); however, […]
- Stimulant use in patients presenting with psychocutaneous disorders.
Psychocutaneous disorders are often attributed to stimulant medications, yet this relationship has […]
- Combination of topical and oral glutathione as a skin-whitening agent: a double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial.
The antimelanogenesis effect of topical and oral glutathione has been shown in […]
- Discriminating ‘DRESS minor’ from ‘DRESS major’: facial oedema aligns to the severe phenotype.
DRESS is a cutaneous and systemic drug allergy disorder. Patients exist on […]
- Do we need skin toxicity? Association of immune checkpoint inhibitor and tyrosine kinase inhibitor-related cutaneous adverse events with outcomes in metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
Skin toxicity is a common, expected side effect of tyrosine kinase inhibitors […]
- Limitations in the Literature Regarding Mohs Surgery and Staged Excision for Melanoma: A Critical Review of Quality and Data Reporting.
The literature supporting Mohs micrographic surgery (MMS) and staged excision (SE) in […]
- Study of melanocyte density and epidermal thickness in vulvar lichen sclerosus lesions.
This study aimed to analyze changes in melanocyte density and epidermal thickness […]