- Dermatologic sequelae of breast cancer: From disease, surgery, and radiation.
The care of breast cancer patients is important to dermatologists. Breast cancer’s […]
- The role of dermoscopy in diagnostics of dermatological conditions of the eyelid, eyelashes, and conjunctiva – a literature review.
The role of dermoscopy in dermatology is constantly evolving. Relatively little is […]
- Next steps in dermatology training: choosing to enter higher specialty training and the transition from trainee to consultant dermatologist.
Junior doctors are required to make career decisions at an early stage […]
- A novel c.916C>A EDA gene pathogenic variant in a boy with X-Linked Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia.
A 17-month old boy was referred to the genetic clinic in view […]
- Silicone adhesive multilayer foam dressings as adjuvant prophylactic therapy to prevent hospital-acquired pressure ulcers: a pragmatic non-commercial multicentre randomised open label parallel group medical device trial.
Silicone adhesive multilayer foam dressings are used as adjuvant therapy to prevent […]
- Incidence of acute complications of herpes zoster among immunocompetent adults in England: a matched cohort study using routine health data.
Herpes zoster can cause rare but serious complications; the frequency of these […]
- Childhood rosacea and related disorders.
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory condition that affects the skin and the […]
- Environmentally sustainable dermatology.
In 2017, health and social care organisations contributed 6.3% of carbon emissions […]
- A de novo missense mutation of CYLD gene with multiple familial trichoepithelioma.
A 7-year-old Chinese girl presented with a 5-year history of multiple skin-colored […]
- A new approach to Actinic Folliculitis: prophylactic narrowband UVB phototherapy.
We have observed an increasing number of patients referred to the Scottish […]
- Use of Hydrochlorothiazide and Risk of Non-melanoma Skin Cancer in Koreans: A Retrospective Cohort Study Using Administrative Healthcare Data.
The incidence of skin cancer is increasing because of the aging population […]
- Pediatric Allergic Contact Dermatitis. Part II. Patch Testing Series, Procedure, and Unique Scenarios.
Patch testing is the gold standard for diagnosing allergic contact dermatitis. Causative […]
- Pediatric Allergic Contact Dermatitis. Part I. Clinical Features and Common Contact Allergens in Children.
Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), a delayed hypersensitivity skin reaction to environmental allergens, […]
- Skin sensitisation to fragrance hydroperoxides: interplay between dendritic cells, keratinocytes and free radicals.
Skin sensitisation to hydroperoxides (R-OOHs) of the commonly used fragrance terpenes limonene, […]
- ST18 affects cell-cell adhesion in pemphigus vulgaris in a TNFα-dependent fashion.
Pemphigus vulgaris (PV) is a life-threatening mucocutaneous autoimmune blistering disease. We previously […]
- Evaluation of Dermatological Life Quality Index, Sexual Dysfunction, and Other Psychiatric Diseases in Patients Diagnosed with Vitiligo with and without Genital Involvement.
Because skin lesions affect self-image, vitiligo affects an individual’s emotional and psychological […]
- Pyridoxine for prevention of hand-foot syndrome caused by chemotherapy agents: a meta-analysis.
Hand-foot syndrome (HFS) is a common systemic skin toxicity syndrome caused by […]
- Molecular epidemiology of pachyonychia congenita in the Israeli population.
Pachyonychia congenita (PC) is a rare autosomal dominant disorder featuring palmoplantar keratoderma, […]
- Clinical characteristics and histopathological changes of morphea: A single-center, retrospective study of 137 patients.
The clinicopathologic correlations and prognostic risk factors for refractory disease in morphea […]
- Recommended core outcome instruments for health-related quality of life, long-term control and itch intensity in atopic eczema trials: results of the HOME VII consensus meeting.
The Harmonising Outcome Measures for Eczema (HOME) initiative has established a core […]
- Ruxolitinib cream for treatment of vitiligo: a randomised, controlled, phase 2 trial: a critical appraisal.
Vitiligo is an acquired condition which presents as cutaneous depigmentation. There is […]
- Scoping the international impact from four independent national dermatology trials.
Research impact describes whether and how research results in wider benefits to […]
- Neuroimaging in infants and children in select neurocutaneous disorders.
The role of neuroimaging in neurocutaneous disorders is an evolving field. Research […]
- Hydroxyurea: a reappraisal of its cutaneous side effects and their management.
Hydroxyurea (HU) is known to cause a broad spectrum of cutaneous side […]
- A relapsing localized variant of neutrophilic dermatosis triggered by tissue injury.
Neutrophilc dermatoses (ND) comprises a group of autoinflammatory disorders characterized by a […]
- Systematic review to identify and appraise patient-reported outcome measures on treatment satisfaction in acne.
After dermatitis, acne is the second skin disease most contributing to the […]
- Comorbidities of alopecia areata – a population-based cohort study.
Previous studies have associated AA with a number of comorbidities. However, the […]
- The clinico-epidemiological characteristics and therapeutic experience of 152 patients with cutaneous sporotrichosis: a 10-year retrospective study from India.
Cutaneous sporotrichosis, a subcutaneous mycosis because of Sporothrix schenckii, is sporadic worldwide […]
- Mimics of melanoma in reflectance confocal microscopy.
The diagnosis of melanoma is challenging for both dermatologists and oncologists. Incidence […]
- Hydroquinone: myths and reality.
Hydroquinone has pharmacological uses in disorders of pigmentation because of its ability […]
- The importance of assessing blood tumour burden in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
Mycosis fungoides (MF) and Sézary syndrome (SS) are the best studied subtypes […]
- Tapinarof in the treatment of psoriasis: A review of the unique mechanism of action of a novel therapeutic AhR modulating agent (TAMA).
Tapinarof, a novel, first-in-class small-molecule topical therapeutic aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) modulating […]
- British Association of Dermatologists guidelines for the management of people with cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma 2020.
The overall objective of the guideline is to provide up-to-date, evidence-based recommendations […]
- Long non-coding RNA MALAT1 suppresses miR-211 to confer protection from UV-mediated DNA damage in vitiligo epidermis by upregulating SIRT1.
The absence of melanocytes poses a challenge for long-term tissue homeostasis in […]
- Environmental Sustainability in Dermatological Surgery.
The health and social care sector have a substantial environmental impact, accounting […]
- Risk of Skin Disorders in Patients with Celiac Disease: A Population-Based Cohort Study.
Although dermatitis herpetiformis is closely associated with celiac disease (CD), data on […]
- Mucoscopy of lip squamous cell carcinoma and correlation with skin phototype and histological differentiation: a multicentric retrospective observational study by the International Dermoscopy Society.
There is a scarcity of published data on the dermoscopic morphology of […]
- Trichoscopic signs of tinea capitis: a guide for selection of appropriate antifungal.
Tinea capitis is the most common pediatric dermatophyte infection. Optimal treatment regimen […]
- Dermatological education for the 21st century: prioritizing diversity.
All education, including medical education, reflects society’s trends and needs. Skin and […]
- Measurement properties of the Patient-Reported Outcomes Information System (PROMIS® ) Itch Questionnaire: itch severity assessments in adults with atopic dermatitis.
Itch is the most common and burdensome symptom of atopic dermatitis (AD, […]
- Epidemiological changes in cutaneous lymphomas: an analysis of 8,593 patients from the French Cutaneous Lymphoma Registry.
Primary cutaneous lymphomas (PCLs) are a heterogenous group of T- (CTCL) and […]
- Assessment of outcomes of calciphylaxis.
Calciphylaxis is a rare thrombotic vasculopathy characterized by high morbidity and mortality. […]
- Incomplete surgical excision of keratinocyte skin cancers: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Keratinocyte or non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC) is the commonest malignancy worldwide. Usual […]
- Association between Air Pollution and Atopic Dermatitis in Guangzhou, China: Modification by Age and Season.
The short-term effect of ambient air pollution on atopic dermatitis (AD), along […]
- Melanomas of the scalp: is hair coverage preventing early diagnosis?
Scalp melanomas are usually thicker and show worse prognosis than other sites […]
- The prevalence, risk factors, and psychosocial impacts of acne vulgaris in medical students: a literature review.
Affecting approximately 9.4% of the population worldwide, acne vulgaris is a common […]
- Lichen planopilaris in men: a retrospective clinicopathologic study of 19 patients.
Lichen planopilaris (LPP) is a scarring alopecia rarely described in men.To investigate […]
- Dermatologic uses of bloodroot: a review and reappraisal.
Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis) is a plant, native to North America, containing bioactive […]
- Laugier-Hunziker syndrome: a case report of the pediatric patient and review of the literature.
Laugier-Hunziker syndrome (LHS) is a rare, idiopathic pigmentary disorder especially affecting the […]
- Quality Assurance and Characterisation of NB-UVB Devices for use at home – Lessons from the Hi-Light Vitiligo Trial.
Hand-held narrowband UVB (NB-UVB) devices are available for the treatment of various […]
- Real-world effectiveness and tolerability of dupilumab in adult atopic dermatitis: A single centre, prospective one-year observational cohort study of the first 100 patients treated.
Dupilumab (Dupixent®) is the first biologic drug licensed for treatment of adults […]
- Topical corticosteroid vehicle composition and implications for clinical practice.
This narrative review highlights the therapeutic significance of topical corticosteroid (TCS) vehicles […]
- Acquired ungual fibrokeratoma: a systematic review of the literature.
Acquired ungual fibrokeratomas (AUFKs) are benign recurrent fibrokeratotic tumors of the nail […]
- Integrating neuronal involvement into the immune and genetic paradigm of vitiligo.
In this review we show how the neuronal theory is relevant to […]
- Trends in Mortality and Cause-specific Mortality among patients with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis in Ontario, Canada.
There is limited information about mortality rates among patients with psoriasis and […]
- Clinical size is a poor predictor of invasion in melanoma of the lentigo maligna type.
There are no well-defined clinical factors to predict the risk of occult […]
- “Fake news” in dermatology. Results from an observational, cross-sectional study.
Social networks have become a means for disseminating information on health-related matters.Describe […]
- Atopic eczema and obesity: a population-based study.
Atopic eczema is a common chronic inflammatory skin disease. Research suggests an […]
- Association between atopic dermatitis and autoimmune diseases: a population-based case-control study.
Atopic dermatitis (AD) is a common chronic skin disorder and well-known to […]
- Balanopreputial sac and urine microbiota in patients with male genital lichen sclerosus.
Male genital lichen sclerosus (MGLSc) is a chronic inflammatory scarring dermatosis associated […]