- Predictors of dental complications post-dental treatment in patients with sickle cell disease.
Our aim was to explore potential medical or dental indicators associated with […]
- A micromorphological/microbiological pilot study assessing three methods for the maintenance of the implant patient.
The aim of this study was to evaluate and compare the effectiveness […]
- Antibacterial effect of nanocurcumin inside the implant fixture: An in vitro study.
Infections after implant placement are the main reasons for the failure of […]
- Evaluation of the quality of life and satisfaction in patients using complete dentures versus mandibular overdentures. Systematic review and meta-analysis.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes edentulism as a physical impairment that […]
- Evaluating the morphological features of the lateral pterygoid insertion into the medial surface of the condylar process.
The lateral pterygoid is vital in coordinating multidimensional jaw movements. Since a […]
- Spatio-temporal trends in caries: A study on children in Berlin-Mitte.
Significant inequalities in caries distribution among children in Germany have been reported, […]
- Oral health knowledge and oral health related quality of life of older adults.
To assess the relationship between oral health knowledge and oral health related […]
- Quantification of lipid bodies in monocytes from patients with periodontitis.
For the first time in the history of periodontics, the production of […]
- An impossible choice: MRONJ vs ORN? The difficulties of the decision-making process for head and neck cancer patients on long-term anti-angiogenic medication.
With increasing medical complexity of patients, including the widespread use of bisphosphonates […]
- How did COVID-19 impact on dental antibiotic prescribing across England?
Introduction Antibiotic resistance is a global problem driven by unnecessary antibiotic use. […]
- Stress, psychological distress, burnout and perfectionism in UK dental students.
Introduction With an emphasis on good grades and a high level of […]
- An evaluation of civilian and military dental foundation training.
Background and aim There is little available material relating to the quality […]
- The impact of Brexit on oral health.
Introduction The United Kingdom (UK) left the European Union (EU) on 31 […]
- Quantitative analysis of particulate matter release during orthodontic procedures: a pilot study.
Introduction Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 through aerosol has been suggested, particularly in the […]
- A clinical study measuring dental aerosols with and without a high-volume extraction device.
Introduction External high-volume extraction (HVE) devices may offer a way to reduce […]
- A study to assess the prevalence of unintentional paracetamol overdose among patients presenting in dental pain in primary care.
Introduction Paracetamol is a very commonly used medication for the treatment of […]
- Comparing endocrown restorations on permanent molars and premolars: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Objectives The objective of this systematic review was to evaluate the success […]
- Municipality-Level Characteristics Associated with Very Low to Good Quality of Water Fluoridation in São Paulo State, Brazil, in 2015.
Community water fluoridation (CWF) is a measure of recognized importance due to […]
- Early plaque formation on PTFE membranes with expanded or dense surface structures applied in the oral cavity of human volunteers.
This clinical randomized study aimed to evaluate the early plaque formation on […]
- Effect of biologic materials on the outcomes of horizontal alveolar ridge augmentation: A retrospective study.
The purpose of this study was to investigate if the addition of […]
- High-risk human papilloma virus was not detected in a Norwegian cohort of oral squamous cell carcinoma of the mobile tongue.
The presence of and the causative role of high-risk human papilloma virus […]
- Risk of incident cardiovascular disease in people with periodontal disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is a major cause of mortality; periodontal disease (PD) […]
- Awareness, knowledge and treatment decisions for erosive tooth wear: A case-based questionnaire among Danish dentists.
To examine the knowledge and experience of erosive tooth wear (ETW) among […]
- Development and evaluation of an interdisciplinary teaching model via 3D printing.
The investigation aimed to assess the feasibility of creating an interdisciplinary training […]
- Cytotoxicity evaluation of dental and orthodontic light-cured composite resins.
The aim of this study was to determine the cytotoxicity of light-cured […]
- Non-infectious status indicated by detectable IgG antibody to SARS-CoV-2.
A key tenet of protection from infection for dentists is to know […]
- First trimester miscarriage: patient care considerations for the dental team.
First trimester miscarriage is common, occurring in approximately 6.4-12.0% of pregnancies. Women […]
- Incidence of new carious lesions and tooth loss in head and neck cancer patients: a retrospective case series from a single unit.
Introduction Radiation-induced xerostomia can result in increased caries incidence, necessitating more dental […]
- Colour fidelity: the camera never lies – or does it?
Digital dental photography has rapidly evolved into one of the most powerful […]
- Making sense of the literature: an introduction to critical appraisal for the primary care practitioner.
With an abundance of published literature, it is essential that primary care […]
- Patient Perceptions about Professional Dental Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Dental professionals are at high risk of being infected by and transmitting […]
- UK dental care for children – a specialist workforce analysis.
Introduction The main specialties involved with the treatment of children in the […]
- Evaluation of a dental nurse-led triage system in a private dental practice during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Objectives To evaluate a dental nurse-led triage system at a private dental […]
- Does dental appearance impact on employability in adults? A scoping review of quantitative and qualitative evidence.
Background The importance of physical appearance in social and professional situations has […]
- Plagiarism in dentistry – a systematic review.
Objective Following a survey of the literature, a systematic review was carried […]
- Caregiver-reported dementia as a predictor of oral health among patients receiving home-visit dental treatment: A retrospective cohort study.
To assess caregiver-reported dementia as a risk factor for retained roots, an […]
- Association between Dental Anomalies and Orofacial Clefts: A Meta-analysis.
To conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis to assess whether individuals with […]
- Perception of Protective Stabilization by Pediatric Dentists: A Qualitative Study.
Pediatric dentists sometimes have to care for children who refuse to cooperate […]
- How to deal with coronavirus disease 2019: A comprehensive narrative review about oral involvement of the disease.
The aim of this narrative review was to collect all findings from […]
- Atraumatic Restorative Treatments in Australian Aboriginal Communities: A Cluster-randomized Trial.
The management of early childhood caries (ECC) is challenging.A model of care […]
- A Qualitative Study of Health Care Providers’ Views on Integrating Oral Health into Prenatal Care.
Providing preventive oral health during prenatal care is a recognized strategy for […]
- Effect of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors on microtensile bond strength of dental composite restorations to dentin in use of an etch-and-rinse adhesive system.
This study assesses the effect of matrix metalloproteinases on microtensile bond strength […]
- MMP-7, -8, -9, E-cadherin, and beta-catenin expression in 34 ameloblastoma cases.
Ameloblastoma is a benign, locally aggressive odontogenic tumor with high recurrence rates. […]
- Characteristics of US Adults Delaying Dental Care Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has disrupted the delivery of health care services, […]
- Unmasking the hidden pandemic: sustainability in the setting of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic has seen disruptions to almost all […]
- Diagnosis and treatment options for anterior white spot lesions.
White spot lesions on teeth present as white opacities due to enamel […]
- What the general dental practitioner needs to know about HPV-related oropharyngeal malignancy.
The rates of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma have continued to rise secondary […]
- Management of odontogenic infections and sepsis: an update.
The management of odontogenic infections has improved over recent decades, but further […]
- A pilot survey of personality traits of dental students in the United States.
Introduction The training of dental students and eventual practice of dentistry involves […]
- Gingival inflammation in the Flemish painter Hendrick ter Brugghen’s Unequal Couple painting.
The evaluation of painting in terms of medicine and dentistry is increasingly […]
- Relationship between olfaction and maxillofacial morphology in children with malocclusion.
Functional problems, including nasal flow problems, are associated with specific skeletal and […]
- Impact of COVID-19 on Life Experiences of Essential Workers Attending a Dental Testing Facility.
1) To compare the impact of COVID-19 on the life experiences of […]
- Patients undergoing periodontal procedures commonly use dietary supplements: A consideration in the design of intervention trials.
Diet and dietary supplement use are associated with periodontal health while a […]
- Oral nano-curcumin on gingival inflammation in patients with gingivitis and mild periodontitis.
Gingivitis can trigger gingival diseases such as periodontitis. Since the complete removal […]
- Novel methodology for measuring intraoral wear in enamel and dental restorative materials.
To test the hypotheses that (a) the chairside/handheld dental scanner combined with […]
- Knowledge of sepsis risk and management among dental professionals in Wales: a service evaluation.
Aims Sepsis is a significant medical condition. This service evaluation aimed to […]
- Combined inferior alveolar nerve block anaesthesia and local infiltration anaesthesia in extraction of impacted mandibular third molars: a randomised controlled trial.
Aim To compare the anaesthetic effect of combination of inferior alveolar nerve […]
- The HIV and SARS-CoV-2 Parallel in Dentistry from the Perspectives of the Oral Health Care Team.
The aim of this study was to unravel the professional and social […]
- Associations between Household Water Fluoridation Status and Plain Tap or Bottled Water Consumption.
The benefits of community water fluoridation for preventing dental caries are attenuated […]
- Composite restorations placed in non-carious cervical lesions-Which cavity preparation is clinically reliable?
The purpose of this in-vivo study was to evaluate the clinical performance […]