- Distribution of lip-seal strength and its relation to oral motor functions.
Lip-seal strength, which represents the muscle strength of the lips, appears to […]
- Influence of childhood asthma on dental caries: A longitudinal study.
The study investigated the influence of childhood asthma on dental caries development […]
- Association of masseter muscles thickness and facial morphology with facial expressions in children.
To evaluate the potential influence of muscular capacity and facial morphology on […]
- An activated-zinc oral rinse reduces pro-inflammatory cytokine secretion and promotes proliferation in Porphyromonas gingivalis LPS-challenged gingival tissues – A pilot study.
The use of adjunct post-treatment mouth rinses containing chlorhexidine (CHX) for periodontitis […]
- Dental tray adhesives and their role as potential transmission medium for microorganisms.
This study aimed to evaluate the possible ability of dental impression tray […]
- Eliciting Preferences for Adult Orthodontic Treatment: A Discrete Choice Experiment.
There has been little research to explore how adults financially value private […]
- Comparative barrier membrane degradation over time: Pericardium versus dermal membranes.
The effectiveness of GBR procedures for the reconstruction of periodontal defects has […]
- Oral Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Listening to Patients.
Rates of periodontal disease and tooth loss are increased in individuals with […]
- Study of the ultrastructure of Enterococcus faecalis and Streptococcus mutans incubated with salivary antimicrobial peptides.
Enterococcus faecalis has been associated with root canal infections, while Streptococcus mutans […]
- A systematic review on the effectiveness of organic unprocessed products in controlling gingivitis in patients undergoing orthodontic treatment with fixed appliances.
The aim of this systematic review is to summarize the available data […]
- An in vivo comparison of wound healing characteristics of two commercial acellular dermal matrices.
Many acellular dermal matrices (ADMs) are available for use in periodontal surgical […]
- Disparities in Dental Service Use among Adult Populations in the United States.
This article aims to examine the disparities in dental service utilization among […]
- Prevalance and clinical characteristics of gingival recession in Greek young adults: A cross-sectional study.
The current cross-sectional study aimed to investigate the prevalence of gingival recession […]
- Oral manifestations of COVID-19 patients: An online survey of the Egyptian population.
This pilot survey aims to study the oral manifestations associated with COVID-19 […]
- Reopening Oral Health Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic through a Knowledge Exchange Coalition.
The COVID-19 novel coronavirus closed oral health care in Nova Scotia (NS) […]
- Root Coverage Predictability in the Treatment of Gingival Recessions on Mandibular Anterior Teeth.
Mandibular anterior teeth are most frequently affected by gingival recession. However, data […]
- Simulation of Random Differential Periodontitis Outcome Misclassification with Perfect Specificity.
Misclassification of clinical periodontitis can occur by partial-mouth protocols, particularly when tooth-based […]
- White enamel lesions in children: considering caries, chronological and congenital causes and their consequent care.
White enamel lesions are a common presentation to the general dentist and […]
- A global review of the education and career pathways of dental therapists, dental hygienists and oral health therapists.
Introduction With ongoing needs in oral healthcare being unmet, dental therapists, dental […]
- An introduction to clinical governance in dentistry.
Clinical governance permeates all aspects of dental practice regardless of speciality or […]
- Management of molar-incisor hypomineralisation by general dental practitioners – part two: treatment.
Introduction Molar-incisor hypomineralisation (MIH) is a common occurrence in primary and secondary […]
- Slow to heal or slow to diagnose cancer?
There are around 8,500 new cases of oral squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) […]
- The journey of an overseas dentist in the UK.
Registering as a dentist and working in the UK is a goal […]
- COVID-19 testing in a UK dental practice – results of a pilot study.
Objective In December 2019, a novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) caused a disease outbreak […]
- Dental treatment before haematopoietic stem cell transplantation – a service evaluation.
Introduction National guidance by the Royal College of Surgeons (England) recommends a […]
- Novel tier 2 service model for complex NHS endodontics.
Aim The use of tier 2 practitioners has been suggested as an […]
- Survival estimates of atraumatic restorative treatment versus traditional restorative treatment: a systematic review with meta-analyses.
Objectives The hypothesis tested was that there is no significant difference between […]
- Private Laurence Arthur Coe DCM: dental technician to prisoner of war escapee.
Private Coe of the Army Dental Corps is thought to be the […]
- Some reflections on Operation Corporate – the Falklands Campaign.
At the time of the Falklands Campaign (Operation Corporate), apart from performing […]
- The experience of deployed dental teams on Operation Herrick: dentists at war in Afghanistan.
Operation Herrick was the British military operation in Afghanistan that occurred between […]
- The First Gulf War: Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm (17 January-28 February 1991).
The First Gulf War was triggered by Iraq, led by Saddam Hussein, […]
- The Royal Army Dental Corps today.
The Royal Army Dental Corps (RADC) provides dental care to the British […]
- British Army dentists and Colditz during World War II.
This article provides insights into the life and experiences of two British […]
- The specialist cadre of the Royal Army Dental Corps.
The specialist cadre of the Royal Army Dental Corps (RADC) came to […]
- Defence dentistry: an occupationally focused health service with worldwide deployable capability.
Oral disease can cause substantial disruption to service personnel, resulting in debilitation […]
- Dental officers awarded the Military Cross in the Second World War.
By 1921, dentistry within the British military had finally been formalised under […]
- Dentistry and the British Army: 1661 to 1921.
Between 1661 and 1921, Britain witnessed significant changes in the prevalence of […]
- Dentistry on the Burma Railway – the story of Captain David Arkush.
This article tells the story of Captain David Arkush who was a […]
- Does prevention-focused dental care provision during recruit training reduce adverse dental outcomes in UK Armed Forces personnel? A retrospective cohort analysis.
Background Dental emergencies experienced during military operations may render individuals unable to […]
- Heroes or villains?
This is the tale of two soldiers serving in the Army Dental […]
- Keeping the peace with dentistry.
Peacekeeping and the delivery of humanitarian aid is a vital component in […]
- Korea – The Forgotten War (1950-1953).
A summary of the British Army’s contribution to dental provision for Commonwealth […]
- A retrospective study of the Hall technique for the treatment of carious primary teeth in Sydney, Australia.
The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the outcome of […]
- A study of 84 homemade toothpaste recipes and the problems arising from the type of product.
Objective Growing consumer mistrust of a number of ingredients used in industry […]
- Microleakage of pit and fissure sealings placed after enamel conditioning with phosphoric acid or with self-etching primers/adhesives.
It is still not fully understood what pretreatment is best for achieving […]
- The effect of hypnosis on pain relief due to injection of dental infiltration anesthesia.
Dental patients often experience the fear of pain induced by injectable anesthesia. […]
- Computational simulation of pacifier deformation and interaction with the palate.
The objective of this study is to demonstrate that computational finite element […]
- Association between dental diseases and history of stroke in the United States.
This study aimed to determine the potential association between the dental diseases […]
- Does Dental Caries Increase Risk of Undernutrition in Children?
A systematic review of the evidence on the impact of dental caries […]
- Treatment of oral fungal infections using photodynamic therapy: Systematic review and meta-analysis.
This systematic review evaluated the evidence for the effectiveness of Photodynamic therapy […]
- Agreement in Medications Reported in Medical and Dental Electronic Health Records.
The historical separation between medicine and dentistry has resulted in the creation […]
- Explorative study on Lactobacillus species and their acid-producing capacity and anti-microbial activity in head and neck cancer patients.
To determine acid-producing capacity and anti-microbial activity of Lactobacillus species collected pretreatment […]
- California Dentists’ Engagement in Media Advocacy for Sugar Restriction Policies.
Increasing dentists’ visibility in the media to make the case for sugary […]
- Investigating the effect of mouth guard use on aerobic performance in amateur boxers.
To assess if wearing a mouth guard impacts maximal aerobic capacity in […]
- The effect of fibroblast growth factor 7 on human dental pulp stem cells for differentiation to AQP5-positive and αSMA-positive cells in vitro and in vivo.
Transplantation of stem cells into wounds has become popular in regeneration therapies. […]
- An evaluation of sepsis in dentistry.
Sepsis is a life-threatening organ dysfunction caused by a dysregulated host response […]
- Dens invaginatus: a review and orthodontic implications.
Dens invaginatus (DI) is a developmental anomaly resulting in a deepening or […]
- Dentistry – art or science? Has the clinical freedom of the dental professional been undermined by guidelines, authoritative guidance and expert opinion?
The General Dental Council (GDC) requires dental practitioners to provide good-quality care […]
- Factors influencing dental trainees’ choice of training programme and working patterns: a mixed-methods study.
Aims To assess the training programme and future career choices of newly […]
- Gender incongruence/dysphoria in children and adolescents: overview and implications for dentistry.
Introduction Over the past 10 to 15 years, there has been growing […]