- Biological Aging and Periodontal Disease: Analysis of NHANES (2001-2002).
Periodontitis is a chronic inflammatory disease caused by multiple potential contributing factors […]
- Evaluation of stemness properties of cells derived from granulation tissue of peri-implantitis lesions.
Peri-implantitis (PI) is an inflammatory disease associated with peri-implant bone loss and […]
- Shear bond strength of acid and laser conditioned enamel and dentine to composite resin restorations: An in vitro study.
To compare the shear bond strength of enamel or dentin conditioned with […]
- New surgery approaches preserving entire papilla to treat isolated interdental intrabony defects: A narrative review.
To review novel techniques of preserving the entire papilla to minimize the […]
- There is a paucity of economic evaluations of prediction methods of caries and periodontitis-A systematic review.
Direct cost for methods of prediction also named risk assessment in dentistry […]
- Oral Health Impacts on Flavor and Significance in Dental Treatment.
The mouth is pivotal in the generation of flavor, the pleasure of […]
- A novel mutation in the cathepsin C (CTSC) gene in Iranian family with Papillon-Lefevre syndrome.
In this study, we analyzed the whole exomes of CTSC gene in […]
- A 15-year unique observational study of intraligamentary local anaesthesia for posterior mandibular extractions.
Introduction Intraligamentary local anaesthesia (ILA) with articaine is described as an effective […]
- Addressing racial inequalities in dental education: decolonising the dental curricula.
The aim of this paper is to highlight the impact of racial […]
- Black Lives Matter: the impact and lessons for the UK dental profession.
Black Lives Matter represents positive action towards equality and inclusivity. The Black […]
- Ethnic differences in treatment preferences among adults in East London.
Aim To explore ethnic differences in treatment preferences among adults.Methods A sample […]
- Introducing the FATLIPS acronym for assessing the red flag clinical features of dental infection.
Introduction Dental infection can progress to life-threatening cervicofacial and deep space infections. […]
- Opioids in oral surgery: preliminary findings between Birmingham, UK and Boston, US.
Aims This study aims to review ways in which UK and US […]
- Oral health and depressive symptoms: findings from the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing.
Aim We assessed the cross-sectional association between depressive symptoms and oral health […]
- Orofacial manifestations of sickle cell disease: implications for dental clinicians.
Sickle cell disease is a multisystem disease associated with episodes of acute […]
- Preserving pulp vitality: part two – vital pulp therapies.
Vital pulp therapies (VPTs) aim to preserve the vitality of the pulp. […]
- Root coverage stability: A systematic overview of controlled clinical trials with at least 5 years of follow-up.
To systematically assess the long-term outcome (≥5 years) of root coverage procedures reported […]
- The immunoregulatory role of p21 in the development of the temporomandibular joint-osteoarthritis.
We aimed to identify the immunoregulatory role of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor […]
- SARS-CoV-2 Seropositivity among Dental Staff and the Role of Aspirating Systems.
Health care workers (HCWs) are at a high risk of infection owing […]
- Evaluation of urinary hydroxyproline and creatinine level in patients with benign mandibular odontogenic tumor.
Odontogenic tumors are relatively common oro-facial tumors seen in our environment with […]
- The contrasting short-term effects of COVID-19 on dental care practices in the United States.
The study utilized a cross-sectional survey to determine the short-term effects of […]
- Dental tourists: treat, re-treat or do not treat?
Many UK patients in the search for their perfect smile have now […]
- Psychological distress and the perceived impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on UK dentists during a national lockdown.
Introduction Dentists are known to function under stressful conditions. It is important […]
- Secretaries and chief executives of the British Dental Association (1879-2020) – part 2: dealings with the outside world.
Part 2 shows how the association grew in size and stature as […]
- Technology-enhanced learning: a role for video animation.
The last 20 years has seen a shift in medical education from […]
- Centric relation and increasing the occlusal vertical dimension: concepts and clinical techniques – part two.
Part one of this article considered the theoretical and clinical aspects of […]
- Preserving pulp vitality: part one – strategies for managing deep caries in permanent teeth.
This is the first article in a series reviewing the current literature […]
- Service evaluation of an intravenous sedation service within a hospital paediatric dentistry unit: ten-year results.
Background An intravenous sedation (IVS) service was established in 2008 for young […]
- AAA: a rock and a hard place.
Introduction This retrospective analysis sought to ascertain the effect of the advice, […]
- The effect of SARS-CoV-2 on the prescribing of antimicrobials and analgesics by NHS general dental practitioners in England.
Aims To ascertain the effect of SARS-CoV-2 on the utilisation of antibacterial […]
- Preprocedural Pool Testing Strategy for Dentistry during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Aerosol-generating procedures (AGPs) put the dental health care professionals (DHCPs) at a […]
- Regular maintenance appointments after non-surgical scaling and root planing support periodontal health in patients with or without dry mouth: A retrospective study.
Non-surgical scaling and root planing (SRP), as an initial form of periodontal […]
- Pathological and immunological differences of arterial thrombi and wall caused by three different periodontal bacterial injections in rat models and proposals on the pathogeneses of vascular diseases.
Periodontal bacteria that have been studied show a strong connection to various […]
- Validation of a novel method for canine eruption assessment in unilateral cleft lip and palate patients.
The aim of this study was to propose and validate a three-dimensional […]
- Effects of platelet-rich fibrin on human gingival and periodontal ligament fibroblast proliferation from chronic periodontitis versus periodontally healthy subjects.
Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF), an autogenous blood concentrate, contains multiple growth factors and […]
- Gingival cell growth with antiresorptive treatment combined with corticosteroids or antiestrogen.
Antiresorptive treatment has been shown to impair mucosal cell proliferation, migration, and […]
- Trends in Dental Medication Prescribing in Australia during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic and subsequent restrictions on dental services […]
- Interferon-γ and IL-5 associated cell-mediated immune responses to HPV16 E2 and E6 distinguish between persistent oral HPV16 infections and noninfected mucosa.
Natural history of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in the head and neck […]
- Secretaries and chief executives of the British Dental Association (1879-2020) – part 1: the early years.
Part 1 examines the early rise of the British Dental Association from […]
- Preparing dental students for independent practice: a scoping review of methods and trends in undergraduate clinical skills teaching in the UK and Ireland.
Introduction The governing bodies for dentistry in the UK and Ireland require […]
- A student and staff collaborative audit exploring the food and drinks available from a dental teaching hospital outlet.
Introduction NHS England’s Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN) standard 1b sets […]
- The prosthodontic management of medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw: a case report.
Medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw (MRONJ) has clear staging and management guidance […]
- Centric relation and increasing the occlusal vertical dimension: concepts and clinical techniques – part one.
This article explores the theoretical aspects and clinical procedures involved in recording […]
- An impetus for change?
For years, the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry has been highlighting the […]
- SARS-CoV-2: characterisation and mitigation of risks associated with aerosol generating procedures in dental practices.
Introduction The objectives were to characterise the particle size distribution of aerosols […]
- Dental emergencies presenting to maxillofacial units during the COVID-19 pandemic: a five-centre UK hospital study.
Introduction Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) represents an unprecedented challenge to healthcare. Provision of […]
- Evaluating splatter and settled aerosol during orthodontic debonding: implications for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Introduction Dental procedures produce splatter and aerosol which have potential to spread […]
- COVID-19 and Dental and Dental Hygiene Students’ Career Plans.
The aims of this study were to investigate whether dental and dental […]
- Bone regeneration of a polymeric sponge technique-Alloplastic bone substitute materials compared with a commercial synthetic bone material (MBCP+TM technology): A histomorphometric study in porcine skull.
Polymeric sponge technique is recommended for developing the desired porosity of Biphasic […]
- Comparison of extraction sites versus artificial defects with xenogenic bone substitute in minipigs.
The preclinical evaluation of bone substitutes is frequently performed in artificially created […]
- Implant functionalization with mesoporous silica: A promising antibac terial strategy, but does such an implant osseointegrate?
New strategies for implant surface functionalization in the prevention of peri-implantitis while […]
- Follow-up of patients subjected to direct and indirect pulp capping of young permanent teeth. A retrospective study.
A retrospective study of the success rate of direct pulp capping (DPC) […]
- Urgent dental care on a national level during the COVID-19 epidemic.
This paper aims to report and discuss the organization and statistics of […]
- Immunological response of human leucocytes after exposure to lipopolysaccharides from Porphyromonas gingivalis.
Porphyromonas gingivalis (P. gingivalis) is a gram-negative bacterium and an important etiologic […]
- Caries arrest and lesion appearance using two different silver fluoride therapies on primary teeth with and without potassium iodide: 12-month results.
Globally, has been an increase in the use of silver fluoride products […]
- Short-term effects of NTI-tss and Michigan splint on nocturnal jaw muscle activity: A pilot study.
Sleep bruxism is mostly assessed by reporting of tooth-grinding or clenching during […]
- Evaluation of upper labial frenectomy: A randomized, controlled comparative study of conventional scalpel technique and Er:YAG laser technique.
Abnormalities in the maxillary frenum may lead to esthetic or functional limitations […]
- Gingival crevicular fluid biomarkers in type 1 diabetes mellitus: A case-control study.
The aim of the study is to compare the levels of Gingival […]
- Prevalence and factors influencing reporting of true periodontal chief complaints: A retrospective analysis.
To investigate the prevalence of true periodontal chief complaints (CC) and the […]
- Family Resilience and Connection Is Associated with Dental Caries in US Children.
The impact of family resilience and connection on children’s oral health has […]