- Primary Care and Pre-exposure Prophylaxis Services in Publicly Funded Family Planning Clinics in the Southern United States.
HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is underutilized by US women. Cost and resource […]
- Hospital Readmissions After Implementation of a Discharge Care Program for Patients with COVID-19 Illness.
The surge of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) hospitalizations in New York City required […]
- Project ACTIVE: a Randomized Controlled Trial of Personalized and Patient-Centered Preventive Care in an Urban Safety-Net Setting.
Evidence-based preventive care in the USA is underutilized, diminishing population health and […]
- Impact of Patient Access to Online VA Notes on Healthcare Utilization and Clinician Documentation: a Retrospective Cohort Study.
In an effort to foster patient engagement, some healthcare systems provide their […]
- Decreasing Use of Primary Care: A Repeated Cross-Sectional Study of MEPS 2007-2017.
We sought to describe the proportion of patients in contact with a […]
- Pregnancy Medicaid Improvements in a Nonexpansion State After the Affordable Care Act.
One-half of women in the United States use Medicaid during pregnancy. Women […]
- Medical Practice Variation Among Primary Care Physicians: 1 Decade, 14 Health Services, and 3,238,498 Patient-Years.
Variation in medical practice is associated with poorer health outcomes, increased costs, […]
- Diagnostic Agreement Between Telemedicine on Social Networks and Teledermatology Centers.
With increasing delays in obtaining a dermatological consultation, general practitioners (GPs) are […]
- An Electronic Tool to Support Patient-Centered Broad Consent: A Multi-Arm Randomized Clinical Trial in Family Medicine.
Patients are frequently asked to share their personal health information. The objective […]
- Orthopaedic corticosteroid injections and risk of acute coronary syndrome: a cohort study.
Corticosteroid injections (CSIs) are a common treatment for arthritis and other musculoskeletal […]
- Glaucoma in Adults-Screening, Diagnosis, and Management: A Review.
Glaucoma is the most common cause of irreversible blindness worldwide. Many patients […]
- Time from presentation to pre-diagnostic chest X-ray in patients with symptomatic lung cancer: a cohort study using electronic patient records from English primary care.
National guidelines in England recommend prompt chest X-ray (within 14 days) in […]
- Reaching everyone in general practice? Feasibility of an integrated domestic violence training and support intervention in primary care.
Primary care needs to respond effectively to patients experiencing or perpetrating domestic […]
- Prostate-specific antigen testing and opportunistic prostate cancer screening: a cohort study in England, 1998-2017.
Prostate cancer is a leading cause of cancer- related death. Interpreting the […]
- Matching depression management to severity prognosis in primary care: results of the Target-D randomised controlled trial.
Mental health treatment rates are increasing, but the burden of disease has […]
- Access, Equity, and Neutral Space: Telehealth Beyond the Pandemic.
As I begin my 4th year of medical school amidst the coronavirus […]
- Family Medicine, Community, and Race: A Minneapolis Practice Reflects.
The uprisings for racial justice that followed the brutal murder of George […]
- The Potential for Cloth Masks to Protect Health Care Clinicians From SARS-CoV-2: A Rapid Review.
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has led at times to a […]
- A Tale of 3 Asian Cities: How is Primary Care Responding to COVID-19 in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Beijing.
Hong Kong, Singapore, and Beijing have some of the highest numbers of […]
- The COVID-19 Pandemic in Nijmegen, the Netherlands: Changes in Presented Health Problems and Demand for Primary Care.
We studied the changes in presented health problems and demand for primary […]